Lucy NY

Affadivit of Support

20 posts in this topic

Hi,

Whilst awaiting my NOA2, I figured I would try and get the next stage planned and prepared to limit time waiting. My OH is the petitioner and therefore my financial sponser so he needs to give me:

1) The form to declare his wages ( to show he earns enough)

2) Tax returns of the last 3 years?

3) A letter from his employer

4) A letter from the bank?

He does not have any assests, only savings and what he earns which is over the poverty line.

I am just trying to make things a little clearer

Thanks in advance for any help :thumbs:

I129F Petition Sent: End of June '10
NOA1 - 17th July '10
Touches - 23rd July & 3rd October '10
NOA2 - 30th December '10 - A great new yr gift
NVC Rec'd - 4th January '11
NVC Sent - 5th January '11
Embassy Received - 8th January '11
Embassy Recorded - 11th January '11
Packet 3 Forms sent - 11th January '11
Visa Fee Paid - 18th January '11
Packet 3 Forms Logged - 24th January '11
Medical Exam
- 10th February '11
Embassy Received Medical Results - 15th February '11
London Consulate K1 Visa Interview - 11th March '11
JFK Port of Entry - 24th March '11

Removal Of Conditions.

Petition Signed for - 26th August 2013

Check Cashed - 11th September 2013

NOA1 -

I don't think you need a letter from the bank unless your sponsor is declaring savings or checking account balances as assets. I could be wrong, but I believe you only need documentation proving what your claim on the form (besides the tax documents and a letter from the employer). I believe they also need some recent pay stubs.

Naturalization Process (FINALLY!)

05.29.14 - N-400 filed

06.02.14 - Packet received at the Lewisville Texas Center

06.05.14 - Check cleared

06.04.14 - NOA date

06.13.14 - Biometrics letter received

07.02.14 - Biometrics appointment

07.07.14 - In line

07.17.14 - 'Yellow Paper' date

09.10.14 - Interview scheduled NOA date

10.15.14 - Interview date

10.15.14 - RFE (missing documentation)

10.21.14 - RFE response received in NYC facility

11.04.14 - Oath ceremony scheduled, approved!

11.19.14 - Oath ceremony (8:30am) in Brooklyn - Completed! DONE WITH USCIS!

If you provide all 4 as your list states, you have more than enough. At least that worked for me. My income was above the poverty line also.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Are three years of tax credits essential for an affidavit of support? Can someone who has only just moved to US and has no tax credits built up still file an affidavit? this person has a job and a home.

October 8th- Sent off K-1 visa package

October 21st- Received email saying we have been assigned to CSC

October 28th- Waiting on NOA1

October 29th- NOA1 received!!!

March 16th 2011- Received email saying petition for fiance has been approved and that NOA2 is in the mail!

April 12th 2011- Waiting on lettter with interview date from Dublin Embassy. Medical scheduled for 26th April

Is a letter from the bank needed though? I don't plan on using savings or checking as assets (since my balances aren't impressive at the moment)...I thought you just need tax documents, a letter from your employer, pay stubs, and the form? Will that be enough if you make the required income level?

05.29.14 - N-400 filed

06.05.14 - Check cleared

06.04.14 - NOA date

07.07.14 - In line

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

As per the I-134 instructions http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-134instr.pdf you will need at least 2 of the following 4 pieces of evidence:

Statement from an officer of the bank or other financial institution stating the date the account was opened, the current balance and total amount deposited for the past year.

Statement from your employer on company letterhead stating the date and nature of your employment, salary paid, and whether the position is permanent, temporary, full-time or part-time.

(If self employed) Copy of last income tax return filed or report of commercial rating concern

A list of serial numbers and denominations of bonds and name of record owner.

These are some helpful tips as well: http://www.visajourney.com/content/support

Edited by Amyyduck

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

UK SPECIFIC

From the London Embassy website regarding meeting the public charge provisions >>> http://london.usembassy.gov/faffidavit.html

Edited by Anh map

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

UK SPECIFIC

From the London Embassy website regarding meeting the public charge provisions >>> http://london.usembassy.gov/faffidavit.html

Hmm. It says "notarized tax returns"...I was told that Turbo Tax pdfs were fine, but I guess not. I wonder how one gets tax returns notarized or what sort of information they need to notarize something? I'll have to research.

05.29.14 - N-400 filed

06.05.14 - Check cleared

06.04.14 - NOA date

07.07.14 - In line

Hmm. It says "notarized tax returns"...I was told that Turbo Tax pdfs were fine, but I guess not. I wonder how one gets tax returns notarized or what sort of information they need to notarize something? I'll have to research.

You can get a copy of your tax return from the IRS. This link will take you to the form at the IRS web site to get a transcript of your taxes: http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506t.pdf?portlet=3

Regarding providing bank statements, generally that is for self employed people. People having their own business need to provide copies of 12 months worth of bank statements (the part with deposits) showing enough deposits to support the amount of gross income claimed on their forms Schedule C or F.

You can get a copy of your tax return from the IRS. This link will take you to the form at the IRS web site to get a transcript of your taxes: http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506t.pdf?portlet=3

Regarding providing bank statements, generally that is for self employed people. People having their own business need to provide copies of 12 months worth of bank statements (the part with deposits) showing enough deposits to support the amount of gross income claimed on their forms Schedule C or F.

Is there anyone else on here that had to go through the UK embassy that used Turbo Tax pdfs, or did you have to get official IRS copies? Do IRS transcripts count as a notarized copies? Also, chances are we won't get an interview until early 2011...what if the IRS can't send me a transcript so soon after the tax return has been filed?

Edited by gap1

05.29.14 - N-400 filed

06.05.14 - Check cleared

06.04.14 - NOA date

07.07.14 - In line

We're using a photocopy of my tax return and W-2's. You can get a transcript of your tax return from the IRS if you're worried about it. It's free and will come in about 2 weeks. You will need to fill out a form 4650-T and either mail or fax it in.

We are including my 2009 tax return, a 5-year payment history of my child support (incoming), 2 letters from my employer (one from the day I started in March, and one after my first 90 days stating that I'm still in good standing), all pay stubs from March through current, a letter from my bank and 3 months of statements. I know this is more than they ask for, but we would rather be over prepared than not have enough.

The pay stubs are important, as they're really concerned with sustainable income. Your income could have changed dramatically from your tax return to your current earnings (mine has), so they want to see proof that it's ongoing.

Good luck to you both! :thumbs:

Angela & Peter

usa.gift4527.gifuk.gif

K-1 Process (Condensed)

02/01/10: Took atty's bad advice and applied for B2 visa

02/16/10: B2 Visa Interview: DENIED - K1 Required

05/07/10: Atty sent I-129F Petition to Chicago Lockbox

05/31/10: Atty rec'd Petition back due to wrong location

06/01/10: I-129F pkg sent to VSC

06/11/10: NOA1 Rec'd/Touch

09/17/10: INTERVIEW = APPROVED

10/22/10: Marriage in the US

AOS Process

11/13/10: Mailed Packet to CHI Lockbox

11/18/10: NOA1 Rec'd via Text

11/20/10: Soc. Sec. fixed mistake/Processed SSN

11/23/10: Rec'd SSN

11/23/10: Touch

12/09/10: RFE - Supposedly didn't sign I-864 when I KNOW I did. (Copies to prove it.)

12/20/10: Biometrics Appt

12/20/10: RFE Response Rec'd/Processing Resumed

12/27/10: Transferred to CSC

12/29/10: Contacted Senator re: EAD Expedite Request

12/30/10: AOS Touch

12/30/10: EAD & AP Approved (Card Production Ordered)

01/05/11: AOS Touch (Rec'd @ CSC)

01/06/11: AOS Touch/EAD Mailed

01/08/11: EAD & AP Rec'd

01/10/11: AOS Touch

01/14/11: EAD Touch

01/26/11: AOS APPROVED!!

02/02/11: Green Card Received

We're using a photocopy of my tax return and W-2's. You can get a transcript of your tax return from the IRS if you're worried about it. It's free and will come in about 2 weeks. You will need to fill out a form 4650-T and either mail or fax it in.

We are including my 2009 tax return, a 5-year payment history of my child support (incoming), 2 letters from my employer (one from the day I started in March, and one after my first 90 days stating that I'm still in good standing), all pay stubs from March through current, a letter from my bank and 3 months of statements. I know this is more than they ask for, but we would rather be over prepared than not have enough.

The pay stubs are important, as they're really concerned with sustainable income. Your income could have changed dramatically from your tax return to your current earnings (mine has), so they want to see proof that it's ongoing.

Good luck to you both! :thumbs:

I'm just worried as it states "notarized tax return" on the London embassy site. Let me know if you have any issues with the copies. Good luck!

05.29.14 - N-400 filed

06.05.14 - Check cleared

06.04.14 - NOA date

07.07.14 - In line

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

If you provide all 4 as your list states, you have more than enough. At least that worked for me. My income was above the poverty line also.

Are you saying you completed the I-134 with salary and assets info even though your salary is sufficient? I have been searching this site to see if it is ok to do that and haven't found an answer yet.

:wacko: Now I am even more confused then what I started with....i have read the instructions and am just not totally clear :wacko: Maybe I am having a blonde moment :blush:

I129F Petition Sent: End of June '10
NOA1 - 17th July '10
Touches - 23rd July & 3rd October '10
NOA2 - 30th December '10 - A great new yr gift
NVC Rec'd - 4th January '11
NVC Sent - 5th January '11
Embassy Received - 8th January '11
Embassy Recorded - 11th January '11
Packet 3 Forms sent - 11th January '11
Visa Fee Paid - 18th January '11
Packet 3 Forms Logged - 24th January '11
Medical Exam
- 10th February '11
Embassy Received Medical Results - 15th February '11
London Consulate K1 Visa Interview - 11th March '11
JFK Port of Entry - 24th March '11

Removal Of Conditions.

Petition Signed for - 26th August 2013

Check Cashed - 11th September 2013

NOA1 -

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.