Danno

The eternal flame of Muslim outrage

265 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

neither knows anything about either religion and all comments from these two have been elementary at best. no idea why they participate in threads which surely are beyond their intellect. lame elementary rebuttals because they are greatly lacking in subject matter expertise.

Michelle Malkin's article is elementary grade, inflammatory garbage. That is what it is and it should be identified as such.

If you think it is the basis for a serious discussion, that says quite a bit about you.

The question being - is why muslim VJers should be subjected to this kind of rubbish and forced to defend themselves from hate-mongers. IMO this kind of thing shouldn't be (and isn't) permitted under the site TOS.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

The question being - is why muslim VJers should be subjected to this kind of rubbish and forced to defend themselves from hate-mongers. IMO this kind of thing shouldn't be (and isn't) permitted under the site TOS.

That's a worthwhile point. What a few posters do is little more than spam the forum with bigoted propaganda about an overwhelmingly peaceful people. Allowing it to go unchecked--even protecting it in a way by creating a private "crazy person zone"--is arguably as good as condoning it. Wither the TOS?

It's embarrassing, especially in a community that is, by design, populated by people of every religion and culture. Muslims aren't an abstract concept; they are real people on this site.

There's a difference between reasoned debate and hatemongering, freedom of expression and snarling trollery. Should you be allowed to say that the Muslim religion is a hateful one, even if that statement is false? Maybe. Should you be allowed to say it fifty times in a row in different stupid ways, all day long and into the night, insulting the people of an entire religion in an interminable drumbeat of prejudice? I'm not so sure.

owl.jpg

I-129F Sent : 2010-02-01

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-02-08

I-129F NOA2 : 2010-03-12

NVC Received : 2010-03-18

NVC Left : 2010-03-22

Consulate Received : 2010-04-12

Packet 3 Received : 2010-04-14

Packet 3 Sent : 2010-04-16 (logged 2010-04-27)

Packet 4 Received : 2010-04-29

Interview Date : 2010-06-02

Interview Result : APPROVED!!!!!!

Visa in hand: 2010-06-09

POE: 2010-06-11

We is married now!: 2010-06-24

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I'm Christian and that is actually an incredibly simple thing to do! Lets talk KKK who believe that all people except Christians and whites are the scum of the earth and should be killed, lets talk Hitler, lets talk the extremist Christian group in the south that are blowing up Women's clinics because they perform abortions. How about the Irish Catholic/Protestant conflicts?

I could go farther back in history and we could talk about the crusades, or the spanish inquisition or even the protestant witch trials. This stuff is happening around the world and in our own backyards

No need for you to go back any further in History,,,, you are doing enough stumbling on what we know in our life time.

While those in the Klan were typically from a Christian Culture there was no spiritual theme to rally around, even the Burning of the Cross was a Borrowed tradition.

YOu also mentioned Hitler, suggesting he had some Christian motive for his actions?

Then you ramble on about a few abortion clinics being damaged by a few lone actors...... but you never come up with a comparative Christian movement that is scattered across countries, across languages and across cultures which all unite in the name of CHrist to carry out such acts as we see taking place with a fringe of Islam.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Timeline

Do you think writing things in bold makes your words more legitimate? I have to say you make yourself ppear to be mind bogglingly ignorant by making such a statement. History is littered with sacrifices made by 'the people' in the name of geopolitical causes. Martyrs are a lot fewer and farther between - I doubt there is a single genuine martyr to be found in this century. It must be very wearing being a muslim having to constantly counteract this unforgivable ignorance. You are not oppressed Danno, you are not denied access to information, to source material, to time to study and yet you willfully ignore every opportunity afforded to you to acquire information, preferring to listen to hacks and partisan commentary. Shame on you.

I suggested People do not typically Blow themselves up using certain suicide to win a geo political point.

You say history is littered with "sacrifices" and then ramble on off point. Well we know Warefare is full of "sacrifices"... and even instances where people fell on grenades to prevent others from being killed.

Even in these cases I doubt "Geopolitical" motivations could have been in their minds. IN fact Military people will tell you, in battle ... the Service man risks his life for his fellow man more so than the politics of the war.

MC please give me some examples of warfare where the combatants signed up for suicide warfare?

The only one I know of was the Japanese in the South Pacific but even that was for their Emperor, Who was their God.

William Penn

Uhmmm...pardon my interference in this discussion, but there are 1.3-1.5 BILLION Muslims accross the world (that's 25% of the planet) we are told 80% of which live in Asia alone. So all the way from the USA to CHINA my friend.

Why are we focusing on some Afghan guerilla mobs to 'showcase the violence of Muslims' EVERYWHERE? does that really make sense to you? are you serious ?

here's a population map of Muslims from across the world:...etc, etc...

Why are you posting on this thread if you failed to read the article ? The article covers Muslim's all over the world, not just Afghanistan. Next time you might want to actually read the title article before posting.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Why are you posting on this thread if you failed to read the article ? The article covers Muslim's all over the world, not just Afghanistan. Next time you might want to actually read the title article before posting.

I read the article, as I have many of Ms. Malkin's rantings. They are, as has been stated before, self-serving, full of cherry-picked "facts", and tailored to an audience of fellow Muslim/Islam haters. You don't have to read them all to know that.

At university, one thing we were taught to do when conducting research was to examine the point of view and intent of the contributor. In this case, it is clear that MM is intent on inflaming a segment of the population who prefers their ignorance spoon fed. Those who consider her a credible source are easily identified as bigots. One thing MM knows is how to please her readers. After all, her livelihood depends on them.

Edited by Sofiyya

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

At university, one thing we were taught to do when conducting research was to examine the point of view and intent of the contributor. In this case, it is clear that MM is intent on inflaming a segment of the population who prefers their ignorance spoon fed. Those who consider her a credible source are easily identified as bigots. One thing MM knows is how to please her readers. After all, her livelihood depends on them.

I was thinking about the issue of these messengers earlier--although their "arguments" are deeply dishonest and intellectually lazy, the messengers themselves are often highly educated. Although Malkin doesn't quite fit my premise, she certainly knows how to formulate a logical argument. She just chooses to pander instead.

My better example is Gretchen "I'm the Special Friend" Carlson, who graduated with honors from Stanford, studied at Oxford, and shows up to Fox studios each day wearing her best "What's a Mooselimb?" costume. The lengths sharp people, and specifically women in the point I'm making, will go to in order to further The Narrative is truly embarrassing. All these people know how to construct a logical argument. They all know that things aren't black and white and they are capable of nuanced thought. But they hurl themselves headlong into full idiot-girl, innocent-backwoods, simpering bobblehead blackface so that they can appeal to a largely ignorant base. Really sad.

I'm madder at them than I am at poor, sweaty Glenn Beck, who I think is in the beginning-middle stages of a long, slow motion psychotic break.

owl.jpg

I-129F Sent : 2010-02-01

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-02-08

I-129F NOA2 : 2010-03-12

NVC Received : 2010-03-18

NVC Left : 2010-03-22

Consulate Received : 2010-04-12

Packet 3 Received : 2010-04-14

Packet 3 Sent : 2010-04-16 (logged 2010-04-27)

Packet 4 Received : 2010-04-29

Interview Date : 2010-06-02

Interview Result : APPROVED!!!!!!

Visa in hand: 2010-06-09

POE: 2010-06-11

We is married now!: 2010-06-24

Timeline

I gave her article more than the attention it deserves. The facts in themselves aren't suspect (if you take her word at face value - although both her and Ann Coulter have been criticised in the past for getting their facts demonstrably wrong), what is suspect is the arrangement and the composition of those facts and the narrative that accompanies them that supports unsupportable conclusions.

Quite simply, there are more "facts" out there than Malkin has presented. She wants to write off all muslims as being extremists or supporters of terrorism. That doesn't leave any room for dialogue, and indeed Malkin and the people who lap up her brand of #######-juice aren't looking to have one.

Michelle Malkin's article is elementary grade, inflammatory garbage. That is what it is and it should be identified as such.

If you think it is the basis for a serious discussion, that says quite a bit about you.

You have yet again repeated the claim that the OP is garbage and the facts are suspect. Yet you have presented no facts of your own, have prevented no evidence to cast doubt on the facts cited in the OP, and you haven't even developed your argument as to why Malkin's argument is "elementary grade inflammatory garbage." If it truly is so obvious, I would hope you could enlighten us and demonstrate how.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I read the article sir, it was giving many examples of incidences where the author believed Muslims over-reacted, though very slyly worded the article to insinuate ALL Muslims and Islam incite anger...HOWEVER this whole trend of 'Islamophobia' and reaction to Muslims (no matter what they do or DON'T do) started when the US government tied Afghan based Al_Qaeda rebels to the 9/11 attacks, and created a vision of Islam as 'radical, extreme,and violent' and it has since been spiralling out of control. When haters think 'Islam' their first perception is 'Usama Bin Laden' types. The article started with the most recent 'incidents' igniting debate : the mosque near ground zero, and the pastor burning Quraans, and the reactions again AFGHAN REBELS expressed towards the incident. and why a cultural Islamic center is not allowed to be built NEAR ground zero if a bunch of ignorant Al-Qaeda rebels (that is of course if the whole 9/11 scenario was not orchestrated alongside the rebels by some governments) attacked US soil, is still beyond me. why a cultural center should be tied to the 9/11 attacks...because they're Muslim, hos is that fair, they're not Al-Qaeda....the article also only spanned over a short period of the last 4 years (since the whole 'hate' trend really started and people started to zero in on EVERYTHING Muslims do, didnt do, say, refuse,or accept...)

Of course where people of other religions have incited similar hate and violence, they are somehow left in peace... no one generalizes those incidents. does anyone talk about the Hindus oppressing Muslims in India (I mean c'mon they oppress those of their own religion, the 'untouchables', does anyone ever get tired of Israel and the Jews feeling victimized, Israel has violated EVERY UN resolution to date since its inception, but NOOO... Israel has the right to protect itself using military force against Palestinians throwing rocks - and NO ONE is allowed to breathe a thing about the Jews...its 'anti-semitic', of course my wife is more 'semitic' than most Israelis(she's actually from that region, descendent of Semites) but could you argue what a Semite is these days...no you can't, because to be Seimitic now adays is to be 'Jewish' . ignorance unfortunately has prevailed because mainstream media serves the interests of those in power, they make you believe what they want you to believe. how many incidents of mass murder do we have in US history alone, are all those murderers representative of Christians ALL OVER the world, did Timothy Mcveigh represent Christians of the world?

the article is clearly artfully written to incite further hate...it's obvious. if you can't see that then you're exactly who the author is targeting...someone who will listen to their bullshit.

K1 timeline
- K1- I-129F filed.....09/December/2009
POE: New York.....23/June/2010- temporary employment stamped into passport
GOT MARRIED =) .....04/August/2010

AOS timeline
- Filed AOS,EAD, and AP all together.....11/September/2010
- EAD received .... 11/November/2010
- AP in hand 14/December/2010
- AOS approved 01/April/2011
- Greencard in hand 09/April/2011

Removing Conditions

- Filed I-751..... 21/January/2013

- Received NOA- Conditional Status extended for one year.....28/January/2013

- NOA failed Biometrics - re-scheduled for a 2nd time in August (GRRRR).....15/July/2013

- 2nd Biometrics.....08/August/2013

- RFE-Fingerprints non-readable TWICE -need to provide police clearances......17/October/2013

- APPROVED- Finally- no interview, or further RFE's. Submitted request through Ombudsman early January. Approval 15/January/2014

Naturalization

- Filed N-400....15/March/2014

Timeline

. how many incidents of mass murder do we have in US history alone, are all those murderers representative of Christians ALL OVER the world, did Timothy Mcveigh represent Christians of the world?

the article is clearly artfully written to incite further hate...it's obvious. if you can't see that then you're exactly who the author is targeting...someone who will listen to their bullshit.

Lets try to stay on topic here.

- Timothy McVeigh made no claims that Faith inspired his actions, why even bring him up?

The Question is: IS the Islamic world hyper sensitive?

Just this week we had every one except the President of the United States contact a Preacher with 5o members ... Warning him not to burn a Muslim Book.

If no threat existed.... why the FBI visit...why the Phone call from the Sec. of Defense?

Why did the Imam at the Ground Zero Mosque claim that moving the Mosque location would be a -National security issue?

Are the White House and the Imam trying to Paint Muslims as radical?

William Penn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Lack of unity only continues the age old query of self idealization. Repeating the same thing over and over again is the definition of insanity. This kind of religious/cultural segregation has been going on since the beginning of time.Try looking at similarities instead of differences. Try focusing on the positive instead of the negative A try letting go of the need to be Right! if we want something different in our world, the change starts with YOU! Be the bigger people, be the example. Do we really want to continue this insanity for generations to come or do we want to try a new approach? Come on guys,:blush: Give PEACE a chance........

"We must be the Change we wish to see in the World." Ghandi

Namaste'

I read the article sir, it was giving many examples of incidences where the author believed Muslims over-reacted, though very slyly worded the article to insinuate ALL Muslims and Islam incite anger...HOWEVER this whole trend of 'Islamophobia' and reaction to Muslims (no matter what they do or DON'T do) started when the US government tied Afghan based Al_Qaeda rebels to the 9/11 attacks, and created a vision of Islam as 'radical, extreme,and violent' and it has since been spiralling out of control. When haters think 'Islam' their first perception is 'Usama Bin Laden' types. The article started with the most recent 'incidents' igniting debate : the mosque near ground zero, and the pastor burning Quraans, and the reactions again AFGHAN REBELS expressed towards the incident. and why a cultural Islamic center is not allowed to be built NEAR ground zero if a bunch of ignorant Al-Qaeda rebels (that is of course if the whole 9/11 scenario was not orchestrated alongside the rebels by some governments) attacked US soil, is still beyond me. why a cultural center should be tied to the 9/11 attacks...because they're Muslim, hos is that fair, they're not Al-Qaeda....the article also only spanned over a short period of the last 4 years (since the whole 'hate' trend really started and people started to zero in on EVERYTHING Muslims do, didnt do, say, refuse,or accept...)

Of course where people of other religions have incited similar hate and violence, they are somehow left in peace... no one generalizes those incidents. does anyone talk about the Hindus oppressing Muslims in India (I mean c'mon they oppress those of their own religion, the 'untouchables', does anyone ever get tired of Israel and the Jews feeling victimized, Israel has violated EVERY UN resolution to date since its inception, but NOOO... Israel has the right to protect itself using military force against Palestinians throwing rocks - and NO ONE is allowed to breathe a thing about the Jews...its 'anti-semitic', of course my wife is more 'semitic' than most Israelis(she's actually from that region, descendent of Semites) but could you argue what a Semite is these days...no you can't, because to be Seimitic now adays is to be 'Jewish' . ignorance unfortunately has prevailed because mainstream media serves the interests of those in power, they make you believe what they want you to believe. how many incidents of mass murder do we have in US history alone, are all those murderers representative of Christians ALL OVER the world, did Timothy Mcveigh represent Christians of the world?

So all those Muslim's going crazy over the Danish cartoon was just a hoax ? All the Muslim's trying to burn down Paris was just a hoax ? The bombers in England and elsewhere was just a hoax ? The Coptic Christians in Egypt, the Catholics in the Phillipines, and the Christians in Indonesia were all getting murdered by suedo Muslim's ? :blink:

Incited Christians eh ? LOL! WTH are you talking about ? Muslim's go nuts all across the world over a cartoon, movie, etc...

Ya, when I get a lobotomy any time soon, then feed me your spiel. Until then I think I will stick with the facts.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

BTW, seeing how Jordan is a make believe country made up by the British, I'm sure Jordan wouldn't mind giving some land to their brother Palestinians.

sigbet.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Lets try to stay on topic here.

- Timothy McVeigh made no claims that Faith inspired his actions, why even bring him up?

The Question is: IS the Islamic world hyper sensitive?

Just this week we had every one except the President of the United States contact a Preacher with 5o members ... Warning him not to burn a Muslim Book.

If no threat existed.... why the FBI visit...why the Phone call from the Sec. of Defense?

Why did the Imam at the Ground Zero Mosque claim that moving the Mosque location would be a -National security issue?

Are the White House and the Imam trying to Paint Muslims as radical?

What Imam claimed it would be a national security issue ? the man is still trying to keep his center's location, however he did say if he received too much pressure, he would move and sell the property...so read up a little more on that if you're misinformed (can't be bothered to find you a link)

Governments and their most loyal arm -the media- have their own agenda, we all know that. In order to keep the 'terrorism' fantasy alive, you need to create an enemy, and since the 'threat of radical Islamic Fundamentalists' has become such a believable story ( you know that those idiots can beat the US's butt) ....why bother changing it. what the pastor was barking he was going to do was just plain dumb and disrespectful. Not a vision of what 'civilized' America is about of course, but the tables had to be turned around, didn't they! how many American muslims were gona react all crazy to that bullshit, and how many of them were going to call Christianity 'evil'. There are American Muslims you know, I was born and raised a Christian, but I converted 15 years ago.

Oh and let's pose an equally valid question: are the Jews of the world Hyper sensitive? I mean why do I feel like we can never talk about that. does Israel REALLY need to use the violence it uses against innocent civilians (e.g. Gaza last new years)...like I said, there's clearly a powerful agenda, you either open your mind to see what's really going on, or continue to make assumptions based on articles like this one right here...

anyway I'm actually tired of this discussion man, it's getting boring, people can believe what they want to believe. I just originally came in to say most of us are blind to what the media feeds us, to what agendas our governments have in store for us, and that we should be a little more proactive in seeking truths for ourselves, making a mental shift from being 'fed information' to actually researching a variety of sources (there's 2 sides-or more- to every story) to make informed comments and arguments.

K1 timeline
- K1- I-129F filed.....09/December/2009
POE: New York.....23/June/2010- temporary employment stamped into passport
GOT MARRIED =) .....04/August/2010

AOS timeline
- Filed AOS,EAD, and AP all together.....11/September/2010
- EAD received .... 11/November/2010
- AP in hand 14/December/2010
- AOS approved 01/April/2011
- Greencard in hand 09/April/2011

Removing Conditions

- Filed I-751..... 21/January/2013

- Received NOA- Conditional Status extended for one year.....28/January/2013

- NOA failed Biometrics - re-scheduled for a 2nd time in August (GRRRR).....15/July/2013

- 2nd Biometrics.....08/August/2013

- RFE-Fingerprints non-readable TWICE -need to provide police clearances......17/October/2013

- APPROVED- Finally- no interview, or further RFE's. Submitted request through Ombudsman early January. Approval 15/January/2014

Naturalization

- Filed N-400....15/March/2014