Lovebirds2009

Let me find out in advance...

28 posts in this topic

So,next august(2011) will be our 2 yrs anniversary.So we have to apply again for 10 yrs GC at that point,right?(Since my hubby now have CR1 because we'll be less than 2 yrs married when he comes to US) And how do we go about it? I know we have to do it 90 days before annivesary-does it mean 90 days BEFORE or DURING last 90 days??? Also-where do we start? Thank you!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

So,next august(2011) will be our 2 yrs anniversary.So we have to apply again for 10 yrs GC at that point,right

August 2011?

Green card was issued in August 2009 ?

Sorry, filing a ROC case is not based on marriage date, but on greencard issuance date.

Find the issuance date (on the green card) then

go forward 2 years, then

back 90 days. That's the first date that the ROC can be filed. There are 89 others, from that date to the 2 year mark.

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

NO! My hubby just got his cr1 visa 2 weeks ago...and because we're married less then 2 yrs,this will be temp GC untill next year 2011(NOW IS 2010)when we both have to send a form somewhere that we are still married and so will get permanent GC

I ti is based on how long you are married ;) If less then 2 yrs before he enters USA then you get temp,if more then 2 yrs then you get perm.My question is-who do we contact when 90 days before our second anniversary is on(2011) and what forms do we send out...Someone must know here :)

Or do I call usics?

Oh yes,and since his POE WILL BE IN ONE WEEK,and GC will arrive within OCT then 2ANNIVERSARY WILL BE AROUND THIS TIME :)

Edited by HisLoveMyLove

Nope, sorry, Darnell is correct. It is based on the issuance date of the green card, not the date of marriage.

Post on Adjudicators's Field Manual re: AOS and Intent: My link
Wedding Date: 06/14/2009
POE at Pearson Airport - for a visit, did not intend to stay - 10/09/2009
Found VisaJourney and created an account - 10/19/2009

I-130 (approved as part of the CR-1 process):
Sent 10/01/2009
NOA1 10/07/2009
NOA2 02/10/2010

AOS:
NOA 05/14/2010
Interview - approved! 07/29/10 need to send in completed I-693 (doctor missed answering a couple of questions) - sent back same day
Green card received 08/20/10

ROC:
Sent 06/01/2012
Approved 02/27/2013

Green card received 05/08/2013

Timeline

NO! My hubby just got his cr1 visa 2 weeks ago...and because we're married less then 2 yrs,this will be temp GC untill next year 2011(NOW IS 2010)when we both have to send a form somewhere that we are still married and so will get permanent GC

I ti is based on how long you are married ;) If less then 2 yrs before he enters USA then you get temp,if more then 2 yrs then you get perm.My question is-who do we contact when 90 days before our second anniversary is on(2011) and what forms do we send out...Someone must know here :)

Or do I call usics?

Oh yes,and since his POE WILL BE IN ONE WEEK,and GC will arrive within OCT then 2ANNIVERSARY WILL BE AROUND THIS TIME :)

Oh. Sorry. Sounds like you are aware of some new math. I guess I'll have to learn it, then.

Regardless of 'maths' - you'll be filing a 'removal of conditions' case. We've a guide for that, here at VJ - have a look ? http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide - FWIW, there is 'no one' to 'contact' - instead, you simply 'send out' the ROC casefile to USCIS.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Darned computer crashed, so took me a bit longer to post the relevant passage from the I-751 Instructions

When Should I File Form I-751?

1. Filing jointly. If you are filing this petition jointly with your spouse, you must file it during the 90 days immediately before the second anniversary of the date you were accorded conditional resident status. This is the date your conditional residence expires.

Sent 10/01/2009
NOA1 10/07/2009
NOA2 02/10/2010

AOS:
NOA 05/14/2010
Interview - approved! 07/29/10 need to send in completed I-693 (doctor missed answering a couple of questions) - sent back same day

ROC:
Sent 06/01/2012
Approved 02/27/2013

Timeline

Valerie - ya, I like this part, much --> Note that, despite the fact that you may see word "anniversary" used in a confusing way regarding the filing date for removal of conditions, your wedding date is completely irrelevant to determining the window of time during which you may file for removal of conditions.

Valerie - ya, I like this part, much --> Note that, despite the fact that you may see word "anniversary" used in a confusing way regarding the filing date for removal of conditions, your wedding date is completely irrelevant to determining the window of time during which you may file for removal of conditions.

Ah, yes, I should start including that part. Thanks for the catch, Darnell! good.gif

Sent 10/01/2009
NOA1 10/07/2009
NOA2 02/10/2010

AOS:
NOA 05/14/2010

ROC:
Sent 06/01/2012
Approved 02/27/2013

Nope, sorry, Darnell is correct. It is based on the issuance date of the green card, not the date of marriage.

ok however,WHAT I WANT TO KNOW IS WHOM TO CONTACT WHEN TIMES COMES ;) And again,it will be in oct 2011 :)))

Timeline

There is no one to contact, sorry.

You can, instead, simply mail off the ROC packet.

What do you 'expect' to happen during 'that contact' ?

If you really want to contact 'someone' in OCT 2011, hey !

come on down to Houston, bring 20 kg of food that you cooked (or I'll turn you loose in my kitchen for 1 day)

and you can contact ME, face to face, exchange YOUR cooked food for MY filling out yer forms.

Must be 20 KG, though, or more, or it's not worth the contact.

Edited by Darnell

Oh. Sorry. Sounds like you are aware of some new math. I guess I'll have to learn it, then.

Regardless of 'maths' - you'll be filing a 'removal of conditions' case. We've a guide for that, here at VJ - have a look ? http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide - FWIW, there is 'no one' to 'contact' - instead, you simply 'send out' the ROC casefile to USCIS.

Oh ok,that's what I was interested about-I'll take a look :)

ok however,WHAT I WANT TO KNOW IS WHOM TO CONTACT WHEN TIMES COMES ;) And again,it will be in oct 2011 :)))

No it won't be in 2011 - it will be in 2012 - according to your recent posts, your spouse is not even in the US yet.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

We're going to try one more time to save you some money and aggravation, here. If he is just about to enter the US, let's say he gets his green card in October. Thus, he will apply for removing conditions in July 2012. If you DO insist on sending in the ROC in 2011, all that will happen is that they will take your money and reject your application, and you will apply again (and pay the money AGAIN) in July 2012. You will not get a refund just because you submitted it too early the first time.

ETA: Darnell is correct, there is no one to contact. As with all stages of the process, you simply file the required forms and wait. The forms can be found at uscis.gov. Look for the I-751.

Edited by ValerieA

Sent 10/01/2009
NOA1 10/07/2009
NOA2 02/10/2010

AOS:
NOA 05/14/2010

ROC:
Sent 06/01/2012
Approved 02/27/2013

I was typing ths response at the very beginning of this thread, but then I saw Darnell reading and figured my reponse would be redundant. But now I see it's not ;)

You file ROC within the 90 days before your GC expires. Yours will expire in 2012, because he is getting it soon. It is good for 2 years. It has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the date of your marriage. Trust all the people on here... Darnell and Valerie also posted links to the forms from USCIS, which state the same thing. Really, trust... it does a body good.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Well I am sorry that I haven't received masters in VISAS AND ALL ABOUT VISAS as some people here.I've never been interested in this,untill I've met a man of my dreams in my country,and even after that-my only interest as US CITIZEN was for my love to get his visa so he can come here and we can live together untill we decide to go back...that happened in relatively short and positive timely matter so I only go by what they tell me,for things I need now or will need,w/o wish to expand my knowledge :)

So please,take that in consideration,thanx!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.