roseTX

Please help......

24 posts in this topic

this concerned is for my sister. this is the background. My sister and her american husband got married in philippines last april 2008. Until now the american husband did not file any petition for my sister becuase according to him the USCIS said they need to wait 5 years before they can file a peition.Is this true? The second reason of the american husband is that his address is just P.O box, having a P.O box address could affect the petition? What kind of petition does the american husband would file to my sister since they are married in philippines? What are the papers needed for them so they can file? The husband said he got lay off year 2004 and got back a work again 2005,,being lay off by 2004 could affect his petition too? Please anyone we need some elightenment any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance...

Petition for what? To come to the US (visa) and get a green card?

He could do a CR-1 visa right now - no need to wait, for example.

PO Box would not affect the process.

Not working in 2004 will not hurt him now. I take it he is working now? Does he live in the US or the PI?

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

petition to come to the US and be with her husband here in the US....

He is working in BOeing now from 2005 up to now....

He is living in seatle now. he never lived in philippines

Not working in 2004 will not hurt him now. I take it he is working now? Does he live in the US or the PI?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes he could do a cr-1 visa to my knowledge. None of your concerns should affect the petition.

click the link to be sent to the CR-1 Guide

http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hey

The 5 years waiting thing is just a game he is playing for whatever reason he is thinking, So don't believe that , He can apply anytime he wants and since they are married since a few years , her petition wont take so long and he can apply for IR-1 (10 years green card) because they are married for more than 2 years now.The petition he needs to file out is I-130 .

If he told her some excuses , get her to write these excuses down and call the USCIS her self and ask or the department of state , then she will know all the truth.

Wish i could help

Sam

Beautiful patience.

He doesn't need to wrk as long as he can have joint sponsor who makes enough money to cover his wife on affadavit.I do not work since 05 and my joint sponsor signed affadavit and no problem.

Hey

The 5 years waiting thing is just a game he is playing for whatever reason he is thinking, So don't believe that , He can apply anytime he wants and since they are married since a few years , her petition wont take so long and he can apply for IR-1 (10 years green card) because they are married for more than 2 years now.The petition he needs to file out is I-130 .

If he told her some excuses , get her to write these excuses down and call the USCIS her self and ask or the department of state , then she will know all the truth.

yes,I applied right away after our wedding and we were done with process in 6 mos :) This is the fastest process when you apply for spouse,so don't know what he is telling her and why...

if ever the american husband of my sister file a bankruptcy and was laid off back in 2004, can this affect the petition too in filing CR-1 in any way? my sister is very confused please we need help....thanks a lot for everyone who replied me here...

I will repeat again what everyone said in bold.

this concerned is for my sister. this is the background. My sister and her american husband got married in philippines last april 2008. Until now the american husband did not file any petition for my sister becuase according to him the USCIS said they need to wait 5 years before they can file a peition.Is this true?

No, that is NOT true.

The second reason of the american husband is that his address is just P.O box, having a P.O box address could affect the petition?

No, it will not.

What kind of petition does the american husband would file to my sister since they are married in philippines?

IR-1/CR-1

What are the papers needed for them so they can file?

Start filing I-130.

The husband said he got lay off year 2004 and got back a work again 2005,,being lay off by 2004 could affect his petition too?

He only have to show tax transcripts for the year 2010, 2009 & 2008 or 2009, 2008 & 2007 - NOT before. So what happened in 2004 will not affect the process.

if ever the american husband of my sister file a bankruptcy and was laid off back in 2004, can this affect the petition too in filing CR-1 in any way?

No, it will not.

There is NO 5 year waiting period to file for your spouse.

Edited by thekfc

USCIS

07-20-2010: I-130 package mailed.

07-22-2010: I-130 Package Received - Priority Date.

07-29-2010: Received text & email from USCIS - Notice Date.

07-30-2010: Check Cashed by USCIS.

08-02-2010: Received NOA1 hard copy.

08-02,04,05: Touched.

09-28-2010: Received text & email - petition approved.

10-04-2010: Received NOA2 hard copy.

NVC

10-13-2010: NVC Case# Received (after calling).

10-15-2010: Emailed DS-3032 to NVC.

10-16-2020: Received the DS-3032 package, IIN number & AOS bill via email.

10-22-2010: Paid AOS bill ($88) - showing IN PROCESS

10-25-2010: AOS fee PAID.

10-27-2010: Express Mail AOS Package.

10-27-2010: Paid IV bill - showing IN PROCESS.

10-28-2010: AOS package delivered.

10-28-2010: IV fee PAID.

10-29-2010: Express Mail IV package.

11-01-2010: IV package delivered.

11-08-2010: AOS packages entered into NVC system.

11-15-2010: IV package entered into NVC system.

11-23-2010: SIF.

11-24-2010: Case Complete.

CONSULATE

12-21-2010: Medical at SLMC - Passed

12-22-2010: Immunization at SLMC

01-04-2011: Interview @USEM ~ Approval

OTHER

02-05-2011: POE at JFK

N-400

05-01-2017: N-400 Sent

05-09-2017: Case accepted

05-15-2017: Biometric appointment scheduled

05-30-2017: Biometric

06-05-2017: Inline for interview

08-15-2017: Interview scheduled

09-19-2017: Interview (approved).

01-19-2018: Oath Ceremony

to all of you here my visa journey family from the bottom of my heart thank you so much for all the enlightenment you have shared to me and to my sister. THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH...

He doesn't need to wrk as long as he can have joint sponsor who makes enough money to cover his wife on affadavit.I do not work since 05 and my joint sponsor signed affadavit and no problem.

I didn't say he had to be working - I just asked if he was.

Lack of working now would mean he might need a co-sponsor, which could explain the "wait" he may not have any willing to sign up

- also - my followup question was to see where he is, which would call into question if he was waiting to do a DCF (which could necessitate a "wait"), or establish US domicile.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

the husband is working in boeing from 2005 up to the present as aircraft mechanic supervisor in Seatle.

Can you expound about DCF, bobby+Ummit?

I didn't say he had to be working - I just asked if he was.

Lack of working now would mean he might need a co-sponsor, which could explain the "wait" he may not have any willing to sign up

- also - my followup question was to see where he is, which would call into question if he was waiting to do a DCF (which could necessitate a "wait"), or establish US domicile.

the husband is working in boeing from 2005 up to the present as aircraft mechanic supervisor in Seatle.

Can you expound about DCF, bobby+Ummit?

Direct consular filing - this is used when both parties live in the foreign country and wish to get immigration status for the non-USC. Usually, there is a certain amount of time you have to be in the country before you can apply for this. But this is not the case since the person is currently in the US. (which also solves the domicile issue).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

The Petitioner can list his PO Box as a mailing Address, but he needs to mark it as a MAILING ADDRESS. Additionally he has to put his home address as a residential address on the petition. We had this issuie - our petition got approved at USCIS and just passed the NVC. All the correspondence the Petitioner got to his PO Box. Good luck!

as1cEZk002B0510MDA0NDZzfDAwMDEyNjdsfFNpbmNlIG91ciB3ZWRkaW5n.gif

08-04-06 Met online

12-06-07 Filed I-129F with VSC

01-29-09 Interview; Case returned back to USCIS for 'further review'

03-21-09 FOIA Request sent (got "we have no records on your case" in respond)

07-08-09 Civil marriage; 07-11-09 Church marriage

11-14-09 I-130 Sent to CSC

11-25-09 Check Cashed by USCIS!

11-28-09 NOA1 hard copy received by snail-mail (dated 11-23-09)

04-30-10 Phone request about case outside the normal processing time

05-05-10 Hard copy letter from VSC about closure the previous petition (dated 04-05-10)

05-18-10 NOA2 hard copy received (by snail-mail)!

06-01-10 NVC case accepted

06-07-10 I-864 bill paid

06-14-10 IV bill paid

07-12-10 I-864 & DS-230 sent to NVC

07-21-10 I-864 & DS-230 received according to AVR

07-23-10 Medical (completed)

08-18-10 SIF, CC @ NVC - Thank You, LORD!

10-14-10 Planned Interview date

10-12-10 Interview cancelled

10-15-10 MRI; Brain tumour

10-19-10 Surgery. Alive

Thank You, LORD!

Love is patient...

united-states-flag-waving-emoticon-animated.gifukraine-flag-waving-emoticon-animated.gif

this concerned is for my sister. this is the background. My sister and her american husband got married in philippines last april 2008. Until now the american husband did not file any petition for my sister becuase according to him the USCIS said they need to wait 5 years before they can file a peition.Is this true? The second reason of the american husband is that his address is just P.O box, having a P.O box address could affect the petition? What kind of petition does the american husband would file to my sister since they are married in philippines? What are the papers needed for them so they can file? The husband said he got lay off year 2004 and got back a work again 2005,,being lay off by 2004 could affect his petition too? Please anyone we need some elightenment any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance...

Looks like he has more excuse then a 50 year old virgin why not to petition your sister

1. He don't have to wait 5 years to petition. He can petition immediately after marriage and its faster if does it at the US embassy in Philippines.

2. It don't matter if he has PO box for address.

3. They only need last three years of tax forms not all the way back to 2004.

4. Tell him not to stall any more and to go file at the embassy. (it should only take around 3 months if all goes right)

5. Maybe he is hiding something???????

if ever the american husband of my sister file a bankruptcy and was laid off back in 2004, can this affect the petition too in filing CR-1 in any way? my sister is very confused please we need help....thanks a lot for everyone who replied me here...

NO-BUT IF NO ENOUGH(WHAT'S REQUESTED) MONEY-HE NEEDS JOINT SPONSOR(S) AND HE'S FINE.And last-no matter what he did and when he did if he wants her there he'd file right away,regardless of outcome.Just so they can be together!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.