alexlei

American kills Filipino wife, claims self-defense

10 posts in this topic

CADWELL, Idaho - A Filipino woman with family ties in Chicago was shot and killed Sunday evening in Caldwell, following a reported dispute with her estranged husband.

Caldwell is approximately 45 minutes west of Idaho’s state capitol of Boise.

Chris Allen Stone has been charged with second degree murder after allegedly shooting Florence Madriñan-Stone twice in the head, according to a statement by Canyon County Prosecuting Attorney John T. Bujak.

On Sunday evening, Sheriff deputies reportedly responded to a call about a shooting incident.

When police arrived, they saw Madriñan-Stone “slumped in the back of a mini-van in the driveway” of the residence.

Sheriff’s Captain Dana Maxfield described the death to Idaho news outlets as “a domestic situation that’s gone horribly wrong.”

Following his arrest, Stone reportedly gave conflicting information as to the circumstances leading to the shooting.

While being treated at a local hospital, investigators said Stone claimed “self defense”.

He said the victim stabbed him first in the stomach. That’s when he pulled out his pistol and allegedly fired 2 shots into the back of her neck.

Later, when police pointed out discrepancies in his story, police said Stone changed his statement. Stone then told police that his wife told him that she only married him for a green card. He said the statement “set him off” and he pulled out his gun.

The prosecutor told reporters: “Self defense is something that a judge or a jury is going have to take a look at. Because we’re talking about bullets shot to the back of the head; it’s difficult for me to claim self defense on those facts.”

Stone has been charged with second degree murder. If convicted, he could face a mandatory minimum 25 years, up to life in the Idaho State Penitentiary, the Idaho Press Tribune said.

Stone is in police custody. His bond is set at $1 million.

According to a cousin and friend from Chicago, Madriñan-Stone had been living separately with her husband. They said the couple was in the middle of a divorce. They had been married for more than 10 years and have 2 children.

A native of Zamboanga del Norte, Madriñan-Stone finished her secondary education at the Saint Vincent’s High School in Dipolog City in 1994. Balitang America

(NOTE: Victim's photo culled from her Facebook Page. The reporter is a high school classmate of the victim)

ref: http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/global-filipino/09/01/10/american-kills-filipino-wife-claims-self-defense#comments

My Timeline~

03/13/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC via UPS

05/07/08 - I-129F delivered to CSC

05/15/08 - NOA1

05/19/08 - check cashed!

05/21/08 - NOA1 hard copy received

06/26/08 - touched! : )

08/14/08 - NOA2 via email : )

08/18/08 - NOA2 hard copy

08/22/08 - Approved from NVC

08/28/08 - DV paid

09/11/08 - USEM received (case number MNL2008xxxxxx)

10/2,3/08 - Medical @ St.Lukes, PASSED!!

10/15/08 - Interview Date (Lacking of Documents)

10/21/08 - Submitted Additional Requirement (Alex's Proof of Enrollment)

11/12/08 - VISA ON HAND!!! Thank you God!!!

01/28/09 - My baby's 2nd visit in Philippines

02/03/09 - Flight to US with my baby, POE: Detroit

03/03/09 - Courthouse Wedding day yay!

05/07/09 - Submit AOS Packet to USCIS Chicago Lockbox

05/18/09 - NOA1 for AOS,AP&EAD Received in Mail

05/22/09 - Received Biometrics Appointment letter

06/05/09 - Biometrics Schedule at 3pm

06/07/09 - Church Wedding

08/01/09 - AP received!

08/04/09 - EAD card received!!! yay!

09/18/09 - Interview for Green Card!

09/21/09 - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

OCTOBER 3 2009 I GOT MY GREENCARD

06/17/11 Sent I 175 to USCIS

06/20/11 Received and checked cashed

06/25/11 Received NOA1 in the mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

feeling so sorry after I read this sad story specially about the Victim and her kids who lost their sweet Moma for no reason they did or their Mom bcs its really weird to call her murder a self defense being as a normal person so as investigators its really shame on them.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

The headline should read ..."Domestic dispute results in death" Big surpirse. It is the number 1 source of homicides. It matters little where she was from or what she said to "set him off" It could just as easily read "Woman with family ties in Chicago is murdered"

I don't buy into sensaltionalism. Idaho is a pretty sleepy place and this is big news...besides it isn;t even January so they can't blame it on cabin fever.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Sad story indeed.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Later, when police pointed out discrepancies in his story, police said Stone changed his statement. Stone then told police that his wife told him that she only married him for a green card. He said the statement “set him off” and he pulled out his gun.

According to a cousin and friend from Chicago, Madriñan-Stone had been living separately with her husband. They said the couple was in the middle of a divorce. They had been married for more than 10 years and have 2 children.

"Pulled out his gun" makes it sound like he had within arm's reach as he acted in the heat of passion. I'll bet the ####### had to go further than that before he gunned down his wife. After sitting in a jury and convicting another angry husband on similar crime, I'm convinced there are too many jerks who can't handle rejection. He should charged with first degree murder as I'm sure he saw it coming after being married 10 years.

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011