JESA0726

Let us all pray... Please Holy Father.. Unite Us With our Loved One!!

45 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

This is a public forum.It is about immigration to the US.

The US no matter what anyone says is a secular country.

It has to be to allow the freedoms that is loved so much.

And I know exactly what I am saying.

It doesnt matter if you are on your knees 24 hours in front of whatever deity you currently think is interested in your life.The USCIS is the only body who will approve or deny your visa application.

To those who say I dont have to read this post. Please. Again it is a public forum. I cant help but fall all over it.

Do I not also have the right to express my opinion. Or is it just because I dont fit into the current religous cult I should maybe not express myself.

Yes please by all means pray to whatever god you need to get through this stressful time. Just remember not everyone has the same god as you, or even no god, and a call to prayer can be insulting to some and a declaration or war for some others.

Please note the smug self serving comment of praying for a lost soul is also insulting and condesending.

You're pretty much wrong on all of your comments,

People pray in public places all the time, whether you know it or not...

As far is US being secular, you couldnt be more wrong..

Freedom is pretty much the point, it's a two way street... It's not just freedom for you only!

You don't know what you're saying! Clearly!

You have a very loose definition of "public" and either way, it's irrelevent...

It's your choice to read it! but again, you dont have to...

This tread isn't about your opinion, but I guess if you cant resist, post whatever you see fit, we'll simply help us to understand how to pray for you...

We never said everyone has to pray to the same god, that's what the "freedom" thing is all about..

The "declaration of war" thing, well that just seems like your little drama thing... and quite hilarious... :rofl:

Being insulted, is also your choice, you don't have to read this!!

There's always someone who wants to argue about religion, again, your choice, that isn't the point of this thread but if you insist, continue to posts, it isn't going to affect the effectiveness of prayer or how people believe, so please knock yourself out!

Whether you believe or what you beleive is irrelevant to people who feel God is real! Your comments certainly doesn't change anything except that it's somewhat sad.. But nonetheless the world is full of diferent opinions about all kinds of things.. we can accept that.. Again, not the point of this thread..

Kenny

Timeline

It doesnt matter if you are on your knees 24 hours in front of whatever deity you currently think is interested in your life.The USCIS is the only body who will approve or deny your visa application.

We happen to know better,

God is in control.. He is supernatural, and we know that god can and does make things happen...

"We Know Better"

OMG..... Thats all I can say.

I would never deny anyone their freedom to faith, religion. Thats what your church is for. Just keep it out of public life. Not everyone agrees with your point of view, your belief or stupidity.

And yes the US is a secular country. It is just full of religion. Just because Christianity is the current flavour of the month delusion doesnt make it a Christian country.

Look lets keep this simple. I seen a call to prayer in a public forum, A public place, its purpose to ask questions about immigration to the US. Do you stand at the side of the interstate and demand we all pray of all motorists so that they dont have an accident? No you dont.

But to return a sense of normality, please accept my appology if I have offended you with the possibility of another view point. I will leave my athiest point of view out of the these forums and hope you have the decency to leave god out of it as well.

Good luck with the USCIS and I hope life brings you all that you desire.

Thank you, goodnight and may your gods go with you",

Dave Allen.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
I would never deny anyone their freedom to faith, religion. Thats what your church is for. Just keep it out of public life. Not everyone agrees with your point of view, your belief or stupidity.

And yes the US is a secular country. It is just full of religion. Just because Christianity is the current flavour of the month delusion doesnt make it a Christian country.

The highlighted passages strike me as a violation of the VJ Terms of Service. Reported.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Hey

interesting nickname you have even with your beleifs,

By the way, we don't call you belief stupidity, but we appreciate your opinion, even though you're wrong, that's what this this "freedom thing" is all about..

Quite honestly the interstate analogy is just ridiculous.. but funny :rofl: good one :thumbs:

It seems you may have some adjustments to your new life here in the US.. You'll find church is a place for worship and praise and edification, however, prayer is part of everyday life...

Thanks for the appology. Please accept mine as well!

You should feel free to start a thread about anything you like, just keep in mind the TOS otherwise, go crazy. We simply feel diferently than you about prayer, and regardless of what you've been accustomed to, it's fairly normal for people to ask God for help in all kinds of places.. that's why we love our country.. and there is absolutely no reason not to invite everyone who feels prayer helps, to say a few words either here, or anyplace else...

I am sure you've seen prayer at a the beginning of a sporting event.. Well why would it be ok there to pray over a football game and not feel it's ok to pray over family matters? It seems somewhat of a strange standard... I (personally) could care less of who wins the game, but certainly don't complain about the prayer... Again, it's a PUBLIC place and my choice to go or not to go (and your choice as well)..

oooh, we know this is a site about immigration, but thanks for pointing that out AND that is why we're praying about immigration.. Feel free to join in..

Anyhow, cheers and best wishes...

Kenny

Edited by kennym

Timeline

OMG..... Thats all I can say.

Very cool "OMG" ?? I see you're calling out on God.. That is very cool!! :thumbs:

First, remember... I will say this slowly so you can understand it...

T H A T S - Y O U R - O P I N I O N !

and ..... Not sure what this has to do with us praying!!! whether there are folks out there conducting themselfs in whatever way they want, doesnt have a thing to do with our right and freedom to pray..

you have a lot to learn !!!

Hey

interesting nickname you have even with your beleifs,

By the way, we don't call you belief stupidity, but we appreciate your opinion, even though you're wrong, that's what this this "freedom thing" is all about..

Quite honestly the interstate analogy is just ridiculous.. but funny :rofl: good one :thumbs:

It seems you may have some adjustments to your new life here in the US.. You'll find church is a place for worship and praise and edification, however, prayer is part of everyday life...

Thanks for the appology. Please accept mine as well!

You should feel free to start a thread about anything you like, just keep in mind the TOS otherwise, go crazy. We simply feel diferently than you about prayer, and regardless of what you've been accustomed to, it's fairly normal for people to ask God for help in all kinds of places.. that's why we love our country.. and there is absolutely no reason not to invite everyone who feels prayer helps, to say a few words either here, or anyplace else...

I am sure you've seen prayer at a the beginning of a sporting event.. Well why would it be ok there to pray over a football game and not feel it's ok to pray over family matters? It seems somewhat of a strange standard... I (personally) could care less of who wins the game, but certainly don't complain about the prayer... Again, it's a PUBLIC place and my choice to go or not to go (and your choice as well)..

oooh, we know this is a site about immigration, but thanks for pointing that out AND that is why we're praying about immigration.. Feel free to join in..

Anyhow, cheers and best wishes...

Kenny

Please Let's keep this beautiful topic ALIVE, don't let anybody disturb you...

God is FAITHFUL and HE always be, continue praying and praising his HOLY NAME

Edited by maherforever

Removing Conditions

12/30/2009: I-751 sent

12/31 2009 receieved at Vermont Center.

1/05/2010 check cashed

1/04/2010 NOA1

1/15/2010 Biometrics appoint. ( Feb. 3th)

4/12/2010 Aproved! Card production ordered!

4/20/2010 Card received

Finally over!!! no more uscis until naturalization.

Thank you LORD!!!!!!!

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me"

Timeline

Surely this topic should be removed to the new Politics and Religion Sub-forum of Off Topic? Mods? Anyone?

Not sure it matters!, but if the mod decide, right on!

:thumbs:

Edited by kennym

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It can stay or move. Doesn't matter, the message is still the same :)

07/02/10-K1 Mailed

07/06/10-CSC Received

07/12/10-NOA1 Issued

07/14/10-Touched

07/15/10-Check Cleared

07/16/10-NOA1 Hardcopy

07/21/10-Touched

11/19/10-Touched

11/20/10-Touched

11/22/10-Touched

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.