19 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

:help: Is there any visa that does not require an affadavit of support ? We have been married since June 23, 2009 ... I haven't filed because we need, according to the I-130, a co-sponsor, because I do not make enough money. I have been looking for one, but nooone, including the Islamic Center here in my city wants to do this for us. A woman on Facebook says we can do the I-129F visa and they won't ask for the affadavit of support for 2 years after he is here. But we are already married. She seemed to know what she was talking about, but I am totally confused. Can anyone help guide me to the correct visa??? Hopefully one that doesnt require a co-sponsor. Thanks. (F)

post-62138-093040600 1282684755_thumb.jpg

Edited by Puffy Khan Sabi

Carole (Puffy) Khan Sabi - " Don't let what people say bother you because the people that matter don't mind and the people that mind don't matter ." :)

She is wrong. You need to prove at the embassy before the visa is even issued that you have enough money according to the affadavit of support. You also need to prove this again after he arrives.

Also the I-129F visa in itself is a fiance visa so you do not qualify being married already. If you filed I-129F and I-130 you could file for a K-3 but that is the same situation needing to show income at the embassy interview. Besides this visa is being phased out so it is really not an option.

Your only real option is the CR-1 which also requires the affadavit of support at the interview. More info here.

Edited by amykathleen2005

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Timeline

OK, Thanks ... I thought so ... But why the CR-1 and not the I-130 ???

Carole (Puffy) Khan Sabi - " Don't let what people say bother you because the people that matter don't mind and the people that mind don't matter ." :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Work visas would be your only option not requiring an AOS, if your husband is highly qualified (such as a scientist, engineer etc).

How much under the poverty line are you? Any chance you could take a second job, or have some assets? If you don't have any assets, maybe he does?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

The CR-1 is the I-130.

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline

The person that told you this is very wrong because my fiance and I did the k-1 and he just had his interview in july and the income was very important and they do require an affidavit of support thats one of the first things that they asked him for in his interview. As far as a visa that doesnt require an affidavit of support i would agree with the person that said work visa. goodluck I know it must be hard to find a co sponsor how about family? or your closest friends?

Timeline
:crying: I just give up ... I am way under the poverty line and so is he ... We DO have one chance. We have applied for a job for him in Montana. They said they recieved his application and would contact him in January 2011. So, IF they hire him we can be together. I am too ill to go live with him in Morocco. I have heard it ALL about how we cannot ever do this and everyone is probably right, but I did manage with friends help to go there and meet and marry him and that was a MIRACLE !!! So, I am praying an angel will come and help us with this as well. I am not here looking for a sponsor. I want to make that perfectly clear. That is why I left and didnt come back for so long, because someone said that when I was here as a participating member. I came for help and all I got was hurt. My husband and I adore each other. God found a way for us to meet and marry and I just have to believe He will make a way with this as well. I have one cousin who dangles this in front of me like I am a dog chasing a hot dog on a stick ... If, if , if , is all I hear from him and how he will give me money for a divorce, but not the visa. My family CAN help. They just refuse to because my husband is of the Islam faith and we have a big age difference. But, I know many women who have the same situation and have conquered it. Thanks for trying to help. Please pray for us. Thanks again. Carole :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

What sort of Visa would they be offering?

An H1?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I may be incorrect but since he is now married to a US Citizen, they would not approve his work visa on grounds he has another reason to want to go to USA and that is to live with his wife. Therefore, I think the AOS is something she and he can not get around. I'm sure Darnel can answer this more accurately....but it seems I read this somewhere in the archives.....also we filed CR-1 and the Affidavit of Support (AOS) is sent in to the NVC and is approved at the NVC stage of the process for married couples and before the interview.....K-1's Fiance visa's bring AOS to the interview.

Carole, your cousin may feel he is somewhat trying to protect you since you are diabled and much older than your spouse. Depends on how much older. He may be wondering why a such younger man would want a handicap woman. He may be looking at it as a scam for a visa. Depends probably on your handicap and if you are wheelchair bound, etc. and what you have to offer the young man. The CO's may question it as well, but if young men find you attractive in general and in your own state/country then you have your answer, i wouldn't worry much about what the cousin thought.

As far as VJ'rs here...I don't think anyone tried to hurt your feelings on purpose. AOS is not something a lot of family members or others would want to do...I couldn't ask my family and if I was forced to, they would not sign as well and not because they don't like my husband or his religion, it is a big responsibility put on someone. You are signing a government contract that can be held accountable for 10 years or longer depending on how long it took the immigrant to work and pay his 40 credits in. You may have no other choice, but to go live with him in Morocco. I hope things work out for you in your favor...God Bless.

Edited by Lisa_Mohammed

Timeline

There are work visa's that allow dual intent.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Thank-You Lisa and Boiler ... I am relieved there is a dual intent work visa ... I think Montana is beautiful and it would be a good experience to go live there, plus I wouldnt have to leave my country. I am not going to get into a big story book here ... All I will say is I am mobile and not ugly and I do believe, stupid as that may make me look, that my husband does loves me very much and is not using me, but has an honest intent to come here and try his very best to be a good husband. God Bless You too. :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Have you tried calling USCIS and ask them what is the best petition for you to file under the circumstances? They can guide you and let you know 100% if the work permit will work being you are married and trying to skip the I-130/CR1 petition. or you can call a local office closest to you and inquire. i'm sure they will be helpful.

Thank-You Lisa and Boiler ... I am relieved there is a dual intent work visa ... I think Montana is beautiful and it would be a good experience to go live there, plus I wouldnt have to leave my country. I am not going to get into a big story book here ... All I will say is I am mobile and not ugly and I do believe, stupid as that may make me look, that my husband does loves me very much and is not using me, but has an honest intent to come here and try his very best to be a good husband. God Bless You too. :)

Timeline

No, I havent called yet ... I figured I can wait till we find out if they are even going to consider hiring him in this place we applied to. I hope they do. My cousin is also saying that IF this venture comes thru for him, he gives me his word at he will help us. :)

Timeline

It is up to the Employer and their Lawyer.

And which category his job fits in.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.