valentine

Second k-1 petition

41 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Do you really think your fiance wants to come to the US ONLY because she loves you? :lol:

#######?!?!? Are you implying we want to marry our fiances because they are american?!?!!? I, for one, am only marrying him ´cus I love him, and am only accepting leaving my beloved Brasil ´cus I love him.

To the OP. We do not offer help to green card hunters here.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I agree with this one.

My baby is a Canadian 100% and would love to stay in his country. But, alas, I have the more stable life here, and so he's coming to me. If it was the other way around, I would gladly move to Canada, because I love him, and I want to be with him. Regardless of the borders between us and where the better opportunities are.

:star: Cass (bebop the great)

Do you really think your fiance wants to come to the US ONLY because she loves you? :lol:

#######?!?!? Are you implying we want to marry our fiances because they are american?!?!!? I, for one, am only marrying him ´cus I love him, and am only accepting leaving my beloved Brasil ´cus I love him.

us.gif

timeline.gif

K-1

Service Center: California (transferred from Nebraska)

Consulate: Vancouver, Canada (transferred from Montreal)

06.17.2006 — Engagement!

08.23.2006 — NOA1

11.01.2006 — NOA2

01.25.2007 — Interview—APPPROOOVVEEEDD!!

02.12.2007 — Entry date!

03.01.2007 — Applied for SSN.

03.08.2007 — Social Security Card arrives! :)

03.17.2007 — Wedding day! Happy St. Patty's Day! YAY! :D

AOS/EAD

04.30.2007 — AOS/EAD Mailed off (No AP)

05.02.2007 — Arrives in Chicago.

05.08.2007 — NOA1 for AOS/EAD

06.01.2007 — Biometrics (and EAD Touch)

06.14.2007 — AOS Touch

06.17.2007 — AOS Transferred to CSC

06.19.2007 — AOS Touch

06.20.2007 — AOS Touch

06.21.2007 — AOS Touch (They must be doing something!)

07.25.2007 — EA Card Arrives. YAY! :)

09.03.2007 — AOS Touch, something finally!

09.05.2007 — AOS Touch

09.07.2007 — AOS Touch

09.09.2007 — AOS Touch

09.10.2007 — AOS Touch

09.11.2007 — AOS Approval without interview

09.17.2007 — Welcome to America! Letter arrives

09.29.2007 — Green card arrives! WOOO! No more USCIS until 06/09.

Timeline

Exactly. Only reason I am going is ´cus he´s traditional and didn´t want to be supported by me, since he´d have to learn portuguese and validate his diploma before he could work. If he gets a good pharmaceutical company job we´ll try to transfer back to Brasil, since we both love it.

11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am going to try to be nice here. However that does not mean I will not be direct. If you came to the states for love, fine. It didnt work out, I am sorry. Now you are asking for someone that could file just to help you into the states.....

a) thats immigration fraud.

B) that is a slap in the face to those of us going through this process to be with the ones we love.

c) there is not a person here that will assist you in doing that.

I dont know why it didnt work out, that isnt my business. I will not speculate. However, yes it will flag and it is wrong.

You're making assumptions here. Maybe the guy changed his mind after she got here and cancelled the wedding (it happens all too often). Sounds to me like she just wants to know if she can find another guy and try again AFTER she returns to her country. Do you really think your fiance wants to come to the US ONLY because she loves you? :lol:

Personally, I'd be happy to help her find another guy and start over (not me of course, I'm already taken). It sounds to me like she's not trying to break any laws, she just wants another chance and wants to know what the problems will be.

OP's words

I don't even know even till today it is unfortunate

She only found out today that he wont marry her and is already wanting to know about chances of another petition.

Hmmmmm....Wanting to marry only for a green card is not breaking any laws :huh: Its fraud.

Well, its sounds like the guy dumped her. If she wants to find another guy to marry after she returns to her country I say good for her. It's not fraud if she establishes another relationship.

Timeline

I think the OP is a he.

11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics

*View Complete Timeline

OP's words

I don't even know even till today it is unfortunate

She only found out today that he wont marry her and is already wanting to know about chances of another petition.

Hmmmmm....Wanting to marry only for a green card is not breaking any laws :huh: Its fraud.

I actually think she is saying that to this day she still does not know the reason why the USC did not marry her.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

DEAN AND SHERYL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Notice I said ... ONLY .... :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Hello all memebers of vj's

My usc fiance refuse to marry me for reason

I don't even know even till today it is unfortunate.

I don't want to over stay my I-194 date.

So therefore can I have another petitioner USC

file another k-1 petitition for me after my departure?

With that show a redflag at my interview when it is approved,

Please can someone help to answer this question.

And i want any valauble counsel to help me make my decisions.

Thanx in advance.

To Valentine:

It would help if you told us your reason for this question. A lot of VJ's will make negative assumptions to a question like this.

If you are trying to decide to stay here illegally by over staying your I-194, or if you will return to your country, you must forget about any ideas of over staying. The conditions under which you received your K1 visa are very specific. If you do not marry the USC who petitioned for your K1, you must return by your I-194 date. You cannot extend the visa. Marrying another USC while you are here will not make it possible for you to stay here longer. You must return to your country. If you want to return, you have to legitimately apply for another visa.

If you are trying to decide if it is safe to fall in love and be in a relationship with a USC... if you are trying to understand that if you give your feelings and emotions to somebody if the USA is going to let you be with them after you've already had a K1 visa given to you before... don't worry too much about this. If you build a legitimate relationship with someone and you want to marry them, there is no law that says you can't try again just because the first time the USC didn't marry you. There are plenty of other laws (like you must return before your I-194 date). Just keep following the rules and you'll be ok. It might take longer the next time you apply... or maybe it won't take longer at all. You never know for sure. Good luck!

ticker.png

I'm sorry, I don't buy this #######.

Here we have individual who has only been in country for 60+ days.

So far, it has been revealed that the petitioner is not marrying this individual and now he's already seeking someone else?

OK, from a practical standpoint. Can you fall in love and decide to marry someone in 3-4 weeks?

I don't think so. At least not in a legitimate way.

This is a clear cut case of green card envy. Period.

Notice I said ... ONLY .... :)

Yes, I'm sorry if I have read your post wrong but ... I am coming ONLY because I love my fiance. I can live in Canada, in the Caribbean AND in the UK legally.. yet I am jumping through hoops to come here... ONLY because I love him. Again, I apologize if I have misread you but I wanted to be very clear about my own intent.

timeline.gif

Full timeline can be seen in my profile

PAST - From K-1 to Citizenship (a love story)
K-1: Aug 12, 2006 to Jan 17, 2007 - mailed I-129F
AOS: Feb 26, 2007 - Jul 26, 2007
REMOVING CONDITIONS: May 4, 2009 - Oct 3, 2009
CITIZENSHIP: Nov 27, 2012 - May 9, 2013

Note: I immigrated from Canada, not T&T - the timeline is reflective of this.

PRESENT - IR-5 Story (reuniting a family)
I-130 for Parents - 2013
Aug ?? - mailed I-130 packages for both mother and father
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Mar 18 - got emails saying that the petitions are approved smile.png

Visit my website Dancing Light Stained Glass Studio to view my work.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

So far, it has been revealed that the petitioner is not marrying this individual and now he's already seeking someone else?

OK, from a practical standpoint. Can you fall in love and decide to marry someone in 3-4 weeks?

I am so extremely disappointed in how prejudiced so many folks on this site are showing themselves to be.

The OP is a person who came to this country with hopes and dreams of a marriage which didn't take place. She still to this day doesn't know why he did it... that in itself is disturbing even if it weren't an International relationship.

She never stated that she was already in a relationship with a USC. She never stated that she wanted to file for another K1 AS SOON AS she returned... She only asked what would happen if she applied for one after returning - meaning AT SOME POINT in the future after she's abided by the rules of her visa and didn't overstay. It doesn't necessarily mean she's trying to find just any USC to marry and return ASAP. You should all be ashamed of yourself... whether your assumptions and guesses about her are right or wrong, ever think about how you can make someone feel if you are accusing them of these things and you are in fact wrong? I try to ask myself 'what if' in these situations before I open my mouth and judge people negatively.

Sure... she could be a green card hunter... or she could just be a girl who's heart got broken and has rebounded hard and just wants to feel loved. It doesn't hurt any of you to give her a chance, but it does hurt her to bash her if her situation is in fact the later and not the former.

ticker.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

ummm, first of all, valentine is a "HE" and if you go back and find his past posts you will all have a better understanding that way you don't waste your time speculating. You can hit previous posts or you can just search for them in the African Sub Saharan forum.

06/06/05 I-130 NOA1

06/14/05 K-3 NOA1

07/08/05 k-3 NOA2

07/22/05 K-3 leaves NVC to Lagos

08/08/05 Hubby picks up interview packet from embassy

11/17/05 K-3 interview (denied, C.O refused to take co-sponsor for k-3)

12/16/05 I-130 NOA2

01/03/06 NVC assigns case number

02/15/06 Case complete (thank you James Shortcuts- only 6 weeks!)

04/19/06 tired of waiting, filed k-3 #2 ( petition is still lost in oblivion)

09/11/06 NVC scheduled CR-1 interview/ on to Lagos (thank God after 7 months of waiting!)

10/14/06 Interview date (success!)

10/18/06 Hubby goes to pick up visa- not ready ( ugh what's going on!)

10/19/06 Visa in hand ( thank you God!)

10/29/06 Together at last :)

Whole process 1 year and 4 months

Ah, you need to read between the lines. Why would someone specifically target a K-1 petition, again?

I had absolutely no idea where my sweetheart would originate from. Did you?

Anyone already thinking K-1 has an agenda, to be in the USA. Get with the program and stop the bleeding heart BS.

I am so extremely disappointed in how prejudiced so many folks on this site are showing themselves to be.

The OP is a person who came to this country with hopes and dreams of a marriage which didn't take place. She still to this day doesn't know why he did it... that in itself is disturbing even if it weren't an International relationship.

She never stated that she was already in a relationship with a USC. She never stated that she wanted to file for another K1 AS SOON AS she returned... She only asked what would happen if she applied for one after returning - meaning AT SOME POINT in the future after she's abided by the rules of her visa and didn't overstay. It doesn't necessarily mean she's trying to find just any USC to marry and return ASAP. You should all be ashamed of yourself... whether your assumptions and guesses about her are right or wrong, ever think about how you can make someone feel if you are accusing them of these things and you are in fact wrong? I try to ask myself 'what if' in these situations before I open my mouth and judge people negatively.

Sure... she could be a green card hunter... or she could just be a girl who's heart got broken and has rebounded hard and just wants to feel loved. It doesn't hurt any of you to give her a chance, but it does hurt her to bash her if her situation is in fact the later and not the former.

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

Hey Valentine..

When they send you back to Nigeria...could you check on the status of my 24,000,000 that Im having transferred to my bank account from Princess.....hmmm...dont remember her name. Anyway, Ive spent a fortune already for laywers and transfer fees. Ill even cut you in for 10 percent to help your poor sad heart.

DF

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.