justashooter

no convent at Auschwitz

43 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Location matters. Especially this location. Ground Zero is the site of the greatest mass murder in American history – perpetrated by Muslims of a particular Islamist orthodoxy in whose cause they died and in whose name they killed.

No German of good will would think of proposing a German cultural center at, say, Treblinka.Of course that strain represents only a minority of Muslims. Islam is no more intrinsically Islamist than present-day Germany is Nazi – yet despite contemporary Germany’s innocence, no German of good will would even think of proposing a German cultural center at, say, Treblinka.

Which makes you wonder about the good will behind Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf’s proposal. This is a man who has called US policy “an accessory to the crime” of 9/11 and, when recently asked whether Hamas is a terrorist organization, replied, “I’m not a politician....The issue of terrorism is a very complex question.”

America is a free country where you can build whatever you want – but not anywhere. That’s why we have zoning laws. No liquor store near a school, no strip malls where they offend local sensibilities, and, if your house doesn’t meet community architectural codes, you cannot build at all.

These restrictions are for reasons of aesthetics. Others are for more profound reasons of common decency and respect for the sacred. No commercial tower over Gettysburg, no convent at Auschwitz – and no mosque at Ground Zero.

continues in link

http://www.aish.com/ci/s/100866334.html

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok, not that it isn't a fairly obvious metaphor, but I just personally composed that "German Cultural Center next to a former concentration camp" metaphor in a conversation with my mother-in-law last night. I used those very words. Are they bugging my house? :)

Edited by HeatDeath

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

9/11 wasn't "genocide".

Why would anyone build a German cultural center in Poland?

Definition of Genocide

While a precise definition varies among genocide scholars, a legal definition is found in the 1948 United Nations Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide (CPPCG). Article 2 of this convention defines genocide as "any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such: killing members of the group; causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group; deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life, calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part; imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group; [and] forcibly transferring children of the group to another group."Because of the insistence of Joseph Stalin, this definition of genocide under international law does not include political groups.

It's all a matter of point of view, meaning that if you interpret the above strictly

(making genocide mean ALL the things included above) or loosely , in the sense of fulfilling most of them.

While I think it's genocide, I also think there's no reason why you can't build a German cultural center in Poland,

although Germans would have the good taste not to do that close to a holocaust site.

1) "destroy in whole or in part a national, ethnical, racial or religious group." CHECK

2) "causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group" CHECK

3) "deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life, calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part" CHECK

4) "imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group" - killing a potential father or mother does that CHECK

5) "forcibly transferring children of the group to another group" - children were not transferred to separate confinement as

they were in Nazi concentration camps, but killing a parent pretty much separates the child and puts him/her in the group of orphans

CHECK

The last time I heard, US citizens were a national group and the terrorists themselves thought they were

targeting US citizens and Jews in particular (Ouch! Many Muslims died in 9/11 as well).

I think the mosque near ground zero should be built.

Then we can insist that churches be built in a ring around the Kaaba in Mecca.

I distinctly remember seeing a highway "fork" in the road in Saudi Arabia

with one way pointing to Mecca ("Muslims Only") and the other way pointing

to the alternative route "Non Muslims, This Way." Imagine that on a highway

somewhere in New Hampshire.

See we can all live together after all!

Edited by thongd4me

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

A Picture is Worth A Thousand Words

I say let them build the sucker.

Bloomberg says so too.

He has the cash to build the first Jewish temple in Mecca.

Shalom!

Edited by thongd4me

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-06-27 Biom,

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Filed: Timeline

Okay, okay, I'm on board now. Let's not build that "mosque" - even if it isn't one - at ground zero - even if it isn't really planned at ground zero in the fist place. And let's then also make sure that we pull the daycare and school permits from all Catholic entities. And, of course, no Catholic churches near schools, playgrounds and day care centers. You know, seeing the pain and suffering some supposed Catholics have inflicted on children and their families. How about that 'compromise'?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

What the hell is an "Islamist orthodoxy"?

"Islamism" [as VERY distinct from "the religion of Islam"] refers to a political movement which seeks to create a theological political hegemony [only incidentally Muslim in character] over a particular region.

"Islamist" means "pertaining to Islamism". As dictinct from "Muslim", which means "pertaining to the religion of Islam."

"Orthodoxy" means the set of widely affirmed beliefs and principles within a particular intellectual or theological tradition.

"Islamist orthodoxy" would therefore refer to the set of widely affirmed political and theological beliefs and principles within the Islamist movement. Note that this may be, and in fact is very different from "Muslim orthodoxy".

Edited by HeatDeath

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

"Islamism" [as VERY distinct from "the religion of Islam"] refers to a political movement which seeks to create a theological political hegemony [only incidentally Muslim in character] over a particular region.

"Islamist" means "pertaining to Islamism". As dictinct from "Muslim", which means "pertaining to the religion of Islam."

"Orthodoxy" means the set of widely affirmed beliefs and principles within a particular intellectual or theological tradition.

"Islamist orthodoxy" would therefore refer to the set of widely affirmed political and theological beliefs and principles within the Islamist movement. Note that this may be, and in fact is very different from "Muslim orthodoxy".

Well put. Islamists pretend to represent all Muslims (all of the Islamic faith) but they don't any more

than a fanatic Christian sect represents all Christians or the Kabbalah Krew represents all Jews.

Islam vs. Islamism

02/2003 - Met

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-06-27 Biom,

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

Considering that the Polish people made Auschwitz and all the land surrounding it a museum, there is no way for anything to be built on that hallowed ground. Moreover, considering that the grand majority of Polish people are Catholic, you probably would have no problem finding a convent built in the vicinity of Auschwitz. Just sayin'.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Location matters. Especially this location. Ground Zero is the site of the greatest mass murder in American history – perpetrated by Muslims of a particular Islamist orthodoxy in whose cause they died and in whose name they killed.

No German of good will would think of proposing a German cultural center at, say, Treblinka.Of course that strain represents only a minority of Muslims. Islam is no more intrinsically Islamist than present-day Germany is Nazi – yet despite contemporary Germany’s innocence, no German of good will would even think of proposing a German cultural center at, say, Treblinka.

Which makes you wonder about the good will behind Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf’s proposal. This is a man who has called US policy “an accessory to the crime” of 9/11 and, when recently asked whether Hamas is a terrorist organization, replied, “I’m not a politician....The issue of terrorism is a very complex question.”

America is a free country where you can build whatever you want – but not anywhere. That’s why we have zoning laws. No liquor store near a school, no strip malls where they offend local sensibilities, and, if your house doesn’t meet community architectural codes, you cannot build at all.

These restrictions are for reasons of aesthetics. Others are for more profound reasons of common decency and respect for the sacred. No commercial tower over Gettysburg, no convent at Auschwitz – and no mosque at Ground Zero.

continues in link

http://www.aish.com/ci/s/100866334.html

But the plans aren't to convert the site into one big memorial. They are building a commercial tower again.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Anyone ever heard of the Battle of Arras ? On average, 4,200 British soldiers died there every day for a full 6 weeks in the spring of 1917

It was the deadliest battle in British history but nobody remembers it and it isn't even hallowed ground. My granddad is there - somewhere.

The 3,000 in New York would have just been a busy morning at Arras

Hope that puts it into context

moresheep400100.jpg