CanAmCharlotte

Woo-hoo!!!

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well kittens, there were times I seriously wondered if this day would ever come. Two hours ago I FINALLY passed the US naturalization test. For those who know the history of my journey, they know it was a disaster from the start.

My heart was pounding and I actually felt light-headed while sitting in the waiting room. The first thing my not-overly-friendly ajudicator (is that what they're called?) asked me was if my husband was with me. I've never heard of anyone getting this question before so my terror skyrocketed tenfold. I told her he was and asked why. She said she might have to ask him a few questions later. Really? Anyhoo, we sailed on through, she said I was approved and my oath ceremony would be in twelve days. She walked me back to the waiting room, asked to see my husband's ID and actually asked him a few easy questions (where do you live?, etc.) We got back to the car and I shed a few tears. Talk about a piano off my back! What the hell I'm I going to worry and obsess about now?!

For all of you who have listened to me b**** and moan for the past hundred years (or so it seems), thank-you, thank-you, thank-you.

A sincere good luck to everyone who is still waiting for their interview.

C ya,

Jo-Anne

congratulations!!!

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Yaaaaayyy!!! Congratulations!!!!:dance: :dance: :dance:

Now don't turn up for the ceremony in your pole dancing gear or you will have to start again !

Congrats ! and dont worry about certificate in the mail for the passport as they NEVER get lost...

Seriously - relax

ok me saying it I am still mentally quivering after the GC fiasco and that was 2007 - so it may take a while for you to realise you have escaped them forever - some PTSD is to be expected but it will pass....

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

.....some PTSD is to be expected but it will pass....

Tell me about it! I don't think it has sunk in yet. I don't feel any different. Apparently there is no parade, the news channels aren't calling, and Perez Hilton hasn't blogged about it. Geez, I thought this was special.....

Jo-Anne

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Tell me about it! I don't think it has sunk in yet. I don't feel any different. Apparently there is no parade, the news channels aren't calling, and Perez Hilton hasn't blogged about it. Geez, I thought this was special.....

hey you will think it's special when they parachute you into Iran with a rolling pin and a big flag

we are all equal now you know !

moresheep400100.jpg

Congratulations!

N-400

5/29/2010 - USPS Express Mail Out N-400

6/2/2010 - Priority date

6/9/2010 - Check cashed

6/11/2010 - NOA in my mail box

6/17/2010 - Able to see case status "Initial Review"

6/18/2010 - LUD

7/2/2010 - Called mis-information line to put in a service request for STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED "FP NOTICE"

7/8/2010 - LUD, at 2:32am, received text msg and e-mail for req. for add'l evidence being mailed out on July 6th, believe it's for the FP

7/12/2010 - Received FP notice in mail, scheduled for 8/2/2010

7/15/2010 - Walk in FP

7/22/2010 - Online status changed to "Case sent to local office for interview schedule"

7/27/2010 - Received interview letter for 8/23/2010

8/23/2010 - Passed interview, was informed that next oath date is 9/22/2010 and oath letter will come in the mail

9/3/2010 - Received oath letter in the mail for 9/22/2010

Disclaimer: All comments, advice and information are given out by my kind intention, please use them at your own risk and do not hold me liable or responsible for any inaccuracy.

Filed: Other Timeline

CanAmCharlotte-Congrats about passing your interview, and thanks for sharing about that good news here on VJ! :thumbs:

And yes, I bet you're glad that the paino has been lifted off your back now....

Odd though, that they would ask about your husband....Thank goodness that he was there with you and you got that sorted out

The only thing left for you now is the oath ceremony....

Lol...That is what you can obsess about next....When you will get the oath ceremony date and letter and when you will finally be a US Citizen with the oath ceremony...

For it isn't over with the USCIS until you become a US Citizen!

Nevertheless, good luck and congrats again....

Hope you get an oath date soon...And yes, do post about your oath ceremony experiences here on VJ too....

Ant

P.S. Did you ever find out what they did with your extra $675 in extra application fees that you had to pay twice....Lol...Maybe they should have provided you an answer regarding that one too......

Well kittens, there were times I seriously wondered if this day would ever come. Two hours ago I FINALLY passed the US naturalization test. For those who know the history of my journey, they know it was a disaster from the start.

My heart was pounding and I actually felt light-headed while sitting in the waiting room. The first thing my not-overly-friendly ajudicator (is that what they're called?) asked me was if my husband was with me. I've never heard of anyone getting this question before so my terror skyrocketed tenfold. I told her he was and asked why. She said she might have to ask him a few questions later. Really? Anyhoo, we sailed on through, she said I was approved and my oath ceremony would be in twelve days. She walked me back to the waiting room, asked to see my husband's ID and actually asked him a few easy questions (where do you live?, etc.) We got back to the car and I shed a few tears. Talk about a piano off my back! What the hell I'm I going to worry and obsess about now?!

For all of you who have listened to me b**** and moan for the past hundred years (or so it seems), thank-you, thank-you, thank-you.

A sincere good luck to everyone who is still waiting for their interview.

C ya,

Now don't turn up for the ceremony in your pole dancing gear or you will have to start again !

Congrats ! and dont worry about certificate in the mail for the passport as they NEVER get lost...

Seriously - relax

ok me saying it I am still mentally quivering after the GC fiasco and that was 2007 - so it may take a while for you to realise you have escaped them forever - some PTSD is to be expected but it will pass....

Saywhat-Lol....:lol:...

And yeah, make sure you (or anyone else) does not lose that certificate and/or passport....

Lol..Yet another thing to obsess about post-citizenship.....Rofl....

Likewise, I'm still mentally quivering over the 10yr GC fiasco of 2007/2008 too.....

And I had more of a concern too, as I was pregnant at the time, and it affected both me and my baby....

Thank goodness though, that everything worked out well in the end there for that and the baby was ok.....

But yeah, it does take some time to heal...Understandable there...

And yes, some USCIS PTSD is expected.....

But all too shall pass with time....

Ant

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Been on this board for over two years now , you are only the second person where the IO wanted to meet your spouse. I envy you, thats an average of one person per year. When applying with the marriage privilege, the spouse is very much a part of the interview, their name is on all the evidence, and if fraud is suspected, or questions on the evidence, that spouse should be there to defend themselves or at least explain it.

But its over now, both you and my wife your approved, when my wife came out with her IO, she said this is my husband, I said hello, glad to meet you, she shouldn't even turn her head and say hello back.

For us, all in all the citizen interview was not that bad, it was that I-751 procedure that really caused us a lot of stress and chasing around and wish they had an interview for that so at least you could talk to a semi-reasonable person.

LOL, wife was asked three times if she was a prostituted, each time she answered no. In away she was, I was her only customer, but instead of her getting all that money, the USCIS got it. So in effect, the USCIS was her pimp.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Been on this board for over two years now , you are only the second person where the IO wanted to meet your spouse. I envy you, thats an average of one person per year. When applying with the marriage privilege, the spouse is very much a part of the interview, their name is on all the evidence, and if fraud is suspected, or questions on the evidence, that spouse should be there to defend themselves or at least explain it.

But its over now, both you and my wife your approved, when my wife came out with her IO, she said this is my husband, I said hello, glad to meet you, she shouldn't even turn her head and say hello back.

For us, all in all the citizen interview was not that bad, it was that I-751 procedure that really caused us a lot of stress and chasing around and wish they had an interview for that so at least you could talk to a semi-reasonable person.

LOL, wife was asked three times if she was a prostituted, each time she answered no. In away she was, I was her only customer, but instead of her getting all that money, the USCIS got it. So in effect, the USCIS was her pimp.

:rofl: Right?

Congrats to the OP :dance:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.