Hicham&Darlene

ds-160 question

9 posts in this topic

Working on visitor visa for mother in law. Do have to file this form electronicly?????? It ask for photo she is morocco we are in US how to get picture? I thought could fill out form for her and send to her. Thanks for help greatly appreciated

Darlene

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

she or you will have to upload the picture to the DS-160 form.

There is a pictures tester, which will make sure dimension and resolution etc are as per the standard.

If you fill out form for her, then you can save it on your computer and then forward that file to her via email, which she can use as if she is continuing her application.

She will have to do the last couple steps as that is the confirmation and she will get a printed confirmation page with barcode.

Filed: Other Country: Colombia
Timeline

Working on visitor visa for mother in law. Do have to file this form electronicly?????? It ask for photo she is morocco we are in US how to get picture? I thought could fill out form for her and send to her. Thanks for help greatly appreciated

Darlene

It depends in the region, most offices now require the electronic filing.

you can check the picture instructions, I think there is explained that if you have problems uploading the picture you can complete the form and bring the pictures with you at the time of interview.

Edited by Dancob

she or you will have to upload the picture to the DS-160 form.

There is a pictures tester, which will make sure dimension and resolution etc are as per the standard.

If you fill out form for her, then you can save it on your computer and then forward that file to her via email, which she can use as if she is continuing her application.

She will have to do the last couple steps as that is the confirmation and she will get a printed confirmation page with barcode.

she can not read or write have to see if we can find someone there to help her. I did save the file so that is good.

thanks for help

Darlene

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

she can not read or write have to see if we can find someone there to help her. I did save the file so that is good.

thanks for help

Darlene

We filled out the form, saved the file, and emailed it to my wife's mother recently.

Actually submitting it was a bit of a challenge. Since she can't read english very well, we did it with her over the phone at the same time. We loaded the save file on our computer and she loaded the same file on her computer and we walked her through it. We basically went step by step right to the last page, and then she submitted the form and she printed out the confirmation page. It took a while because my inlaws have no idea how to use anything on their computer except internet explorer and skype.

Unfortunately the form still has some glitches. Some things we noticed was that every time you load the file, the "intended date of travel" would reset so we had to type it in every time. Also even though we didn't have a photo to upload, we were unable to get past the photo page without one. We had to upload a blank JPG file and once it got rejected, we were able to go on to the next page. And lastly the form would occasionally time out on us due to inactivity even though we were actively typing. So save the work to a file often.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

We filled out the form, saved the file, and emailed it to my wife's mother recently.

Actually submitting it was a bit of a challenge. Since she can't read english very well, we did it with her over the phone at the same time. We loaded the save file on our computer and she loaded the same file on her computer and we walked her through it. We basically went step by step right to the last page, and then she submitted the form and she printed out the confirmation page. It took a while because my inlaws have no idea how to use anything on their computer except internet explorer and skype.

Unfortunately the form still has some glitches. Some things we noticed was that every time you load the file, the "intended date of travel" would reset so we had to type it in every time. Also even though we didn't have a photo to upload, we were unable to get past the photo page without one. We had to upload a blank JPG file and once it got rejected, we were able to go on to the next page. And lastly the form would occasionally time out on us due to inactivity even though we were actively typing. So save the work to a file often.

thanks for all the help we will try to get someone to help her that knows english.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I just had my Mother-in-law over the phone as she reviewed the application and the statements and then I signed it in and submitted. Question: How do I pay the fees? When does she get the interview I wonder?

Your experience with the Arrival date is correct as it happened to me as well. Thanks for sharing.

--------------------------------

Aug 30, 2008 -- Married in Cairo

Oct 28, 2009 -- Wife arrived USA

Sep 6, 2011 -- Mailed I-751 Packet to lift conditions

Sep 13, 2011 -- NOA received date.

Sep 29, 2011 -- Biometric appointment.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi,

I'm in the process of filing for tourist visa for my mother-in-law as well. She's travelling from Pakistan. I filled out the DS-160 online and saved the application, intending to email the application to her. The file saves in .DAT format, which I can't figure out how to open again. Any one else have the same issue? I tried changing the file format to .htm, didn't work

shahab

07/05/2005 - INTERVIEW DATE JULY 25 @ ISB Embassy

07/25/2005 - CASE COMPLETE-VISA RECEIVED

08/10/2005 - Wife arrives in US

07/05/2007 - Mailed I-751 to NSC via USPS Express Mail

07/09/2007 - Mailed signed copy of I-751 to NSC via USPS 1st class mail

07/14/2007 - Received rejection letter due to not signing original I-751

07/25/2007 - Original application packet and signed copy of I-751 sent on 7/05 returned by the CSC

07/26/2007 - Mailed back the original application packet after signing it via USPS Express Mail

08/06/2007 - Money order cashed by USCIS

08/09/2007 - Receive I-797C Notice of Action with Receipt #

08/25/2007 - Receive Biometrics appt: Sept 7th, 2007

09/07/2007 - Fingerprints and photos taken at Naperville ASC

10/29/2007 - Card production ordered

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.