Danno

Summer vacation... Wha hoo!

34 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

This summer has been peppered with several mini-vacations (long weekends really) and I wonder if anyone else took time and where they might have gone?

It's difficult for me to take longer periods due to my work but I get tired of "vacations" after 4 days anyway.

It's been so hot we took several trip towards the Mountains and 2 beach trips as well.

I guess we can kick around "wish vacations"..... my domestic one would be back to the Grand Canyon, I know my wife would love that.

So where did you go this summer and where would you like to go?

I'll post a few pics when I get them organized. feel free to post your own if you want.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been on "vacation" since Easter when I got to "go to jail" and then subsequently lost my job. I don't recommend it to anyone. Even though it's "all-inclusive" it's not nearly as nice as the Caribbean.

I've been sitting here in Cincinnati the whole time. Not a bad place to visit for Reds games, Bengals games, Kings Island amusement park, etc., - a good weekend vacation destination - but definitely not somewhere you really want to plan on going for an extended stay. The overwhelming report I got from my "fellow vacationers" was "come to Cincinnati on vacation.... leave on probation."

My "wish vacation" right now would probably be to Korea and the Russian Far East. In a few months, I'd like to go back to the Caribbean. Too freakin hot there right now.

I have always wished to walk on the Great Wall and hopefully when I visit the Far East, I'll be able to hit China for a day or two as well. Bucket list for sure.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i get 5 weeks vacation a year and so far went to LA for 1 week so my wife could say she has been to disney. figures that for the week we were there, LA was having a heat wave and when we left the heat did too. enjoyed biking along the pacific and biking around beverly hills and hollywood. we didn't stay in the same hotel twice except for when we went to disney. hotels are hurting so we could easily get a room where ever we were in the evening.

we also went to see giant sequoias - trees that have a trunk 40 feet wide. this was actually the highlight of the trip for me since i lived in LA once for 2 months and had already experienced all things LA.

we did lose our car in venice. i spent 2 hours looking for it (wife stayed at denny's while i rode around). note to self, when you park your car look at the name of the street. i slowly remembered little tidbits about where we parked. ah, but just another experience to add to the experience so all well and good.

my wife took over 700 pictures in just 1 week in LA. she loves pictures.

we are going on a caribbean cruise in november. i gave my wife a choice: cruise or philippines.

we go to reno and tahoe all the time in the winter.

LA sucks though - traffic nightmares at all times of the day and into the night. you need to wake up in the place you want to be.

Life..... Nobody gets out alive.

we did lose our car in venice. i spent 2 hours looking for it (wife stayed at denny's while i rode around). note to self, when you park your car look at the name of the street. i slowly remembered little tidbits about where we parked. ah, but just another experience to add to the experience so all well and good.

Sorry but that is very funny. I parked my car once in a parking structure and "remembered " walking down the stairs to leave. As I looked for my car I went higher and higher as panic that my car was stolen crept in my mind. Wouldn't you know it. I parked on floor below the exit and had walked up the stairs.

I spent my vacation back in April getting married in the Philippines. It was a nice three weeks but the year has seemed long with no more vacations to break the year up.

April 24, 2010: Married in Butuan City
May 23, 2010: Submitted I-130
May 28, 2010: NOA-1 Received
October 19, 2010: NOA-2 Received
October 26, 2010: Case Number Assigned
October 28, 2010: IIN Received
November 3, 2010: AOS paid
November 5, 2010: AOS status "PAID". Sent AOS packet
November 6, 2010: DS-3032 email received. Emailed DS-3032
November 8, 2010: IV paid, DS-3032 accepted
November 10, 2010: IV status "PAID". Sent IV packet
November 15, 2010: IV received at NVC
November 22, 2010: False Checklist for missing DS-230
November 29, 2010: AOS + IV entered into system
December 4, 2010: SIF, Case Completed
December 6, 2010: Interview Scheduled
December 27-28, 2010: Passed Physical
January 6, 2011: Interview @ 0830 Approved
January 14, 2011: Visa received
January 31, 2011: CFO seminar completed
February 11, 2011: POE- LAX

Removal of Conditions
January 8, 2013: Mailed I-751
January 10,2013: NOA1
February 6, 2013: Biometrics Appoint.

June 4, 2013: Received I-797 NOA removal of conditions

All of you! dont foget yo dam papas. After all, you will need to show them! I live right next to a beautiful lake (45 miles away) with the clearest blue water. Going tomorrow.

north-cascades-national-park-lake-chelan-national-recreation-area-sedro-woolley-wa313.jpg

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

the hubster gets 15 days of vacation a year.. we took about 5 of those days and went to Oregon for a week.. so he still has 10 days.. he has been approved for a couple 3 or 4 days weekends for the rest of the year too...

we also went to Palm Springs for a weekend...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

yeah we have had a very cool summer this year... with a few heat waves here and there

i get 5 weeks vacation a year and so far went to LA for 1 week so my wife could say she has been to disney. figures that for the week we were there, LA was having a heat wave and when we left the heat did too. enjoyed biking along the pacific and biking around beverly hills and hollywood. we didn't stay in the same hotel twice except for when we went to disney. hotels are hurting so we could easily get a room where ever we were in the evening.

we also went to see giant sequoias - trees that have a trunk 40 feet wide. this was actually the highlight of the trip for me since i lived in LA once for 2 months and had already experienced all things LA.

my wife took over 700 pictures in just 1 week in LA. she loves pictures.

we are going on a caribbean cruise in november. i gave my wife a choice: cruise or philippines.

we go to reno and tahoe all the time in the winter.

LA sucks though - traffic nightmares at all times of the day and into the night. you need to wake up in the place you want to be.

mvSuprise-hug.gif

the hubster gets 15 days of vacation a year.. we took about 5 of those days and went to Oregon for a week.. so he still has 10 days.. he has been approved for a couple 3 or 4 days weekends for the rest of the year too...

we also went to Palm Springs for a weekend...

Oregon? Where at in Oregon? Dam if you would have said something I might have made a trip down just to terrorize you :P

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

― Andrew Wilkow

Timeline

Oregon? Where at in Oregon? Dam if you would have said something I might have made a trip down just to terrorize you :P

that is why I didn't tell you :P

my parents rented a cabin in Port Orford for a week.. it was very beautiful there but very windy..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

I'm so jealous of people who get vacation + sick days. My husband gets 1 paid day off (both) per month. So no vacation for us, despite the fact that we still haven't had a honeymoon. :( Sad face.

we met: 07-22-01

engaged: 08-03-06

I-129 sent: 01-07-07

NOA2 approved: 04-02-07

packet 3 sent: 05-31-07

interview date: 06-25-07 - approved!

marriage: 07-23-07

AOS sent: 08-10-07

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 09-14-07

AOS approved: 11-19-07

green card received: 11-26-07

lifting of conditions filed: 10-29-09

NOA received: 11-09-09

lifting of conditions approved: 12-11-09

that is why I didn't tell you :P

my parents rented a cabin in Port Orford for a week.. it was very beautiful there but very windy..

:rofl: I cant say I blame you. I would be a total embarrassment to you. :lol: Oregon beaches are very beautiful.

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I'm so jealous of people who get vacation + sick days. My husband gets 1 paid day off (both) per month. So no vacation for us, despite the fact that we still haven't had a honeymoon. :( Sad face.

if it makes you feel any better, i only get 2 weeks of leave a year, which includes my sick days.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!