mspain

Possible MENA issue at the consulate?

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Hi all, my fiance just his K1 interview in Madrid. For those of yall who don't know me, my fiance is Moroccan with Spanish residency. His interview was yesterday and the lady told him he was totally approved three or four times when he asked and that his visa should be at his address in 1-2 weeks.

This was very exciting news. I had sent a few emails to the embassy stating my support and that if they needed any info to contact me. I assumed they didnt need to since he was already approved and left my phone on vibrate yesterday after the interview while I was at work. However, they called me while I was in a meeting and did not leave a message. I called back ten minutes later and got the answering service. They are only open 8-10 am US time or 3-5 Spain time. I emailed them last night stating that they could contact me by email. I'm a teacher and today was the first day of class where I teach at a new school. I called during their hours between class changes and got the busy tone. Then I got a call from them during class and felt I had to answer it (*breaking school policy on the first day * )or I wouldnt get a chance to talk with them and maybe risk our visa processing getting held up. I excused myself to the restroom and took the call.

I was "interviewed" the same 10 questions as my fiance the day before and had sent him with a mountain of paperwork and evidence that explained all of the answers to the questions, but they did not want to take on the day of the interview. I have read every single review for the Madrid consulate and have spoken with at least a dozen people who have done their interview there and this has NEVER happened. :angry: I answered everything perfectly but felt a little nervous and jittery since I was leaving my class all alone on the first day of school to take a call and I think my nervousness came out in my voice. :bonk: I know nervousness looks like a redflag to them, should I try to contact them and explain whats happening?

My fiance was told he was approved several times and his passport was taken, no 221g. However he was not give a piece of paper from the delivery service to call if the visa takes more than 2 weeks, which is given at this consulate. I'm hoping she is new and just is trying to take extra steps like calling me and making rookie mistakes like forgetting to give us the delivery paper. My fiance said she was African American, and I have only heard of a blond lady and an older lady doing K-1 so maybe she is new. I really just hope we are not being harassed. He is completely legal in Spain and we have 3 years together so I don't see how this could be a problem.

Are we being harassed?

Does it sound like they changed their minds?

Does it sound like AP?

Should I send more proof via email?

Anyone have any insight? Should I make a big fuss at the embassy or should I just lay low?, but I dont want to get put on AP..... :wacko: Maybe I am just nervous from not eating all day and missing my fiance.

Our Timeline

Oct ~ 2007 We met

Apr 26, 2008 We got engaged

Jan 14, 2010 Left Spain alone to the US to work & begin immigration

Feb 11, 2010 Mailed our I-129F and received NOA1

May 05, 2010 NOA2

May 10, 2010 NVC Confirms receipt & that packet sent to Madrid today

May 14, 2010 Madrid receives case and I receive a job offer!!!

May 20, 2010 Packet 3 Received

May 24, 2010 Packet 3 Sent

Jun 14, 2010 Packet 4 Received

Jul 08, 2010 Flight to Spain to see my baby!

Jul 29, 2010 Return to US

Aug 09, 2010 Medical Exam

Aug 11, 2010 Interview in Madrid

Aug 12, 2010 My "interview" with Madrid

Aug 16, 2010 Put on AP

Sep 15, 2010 Flight home to me

Sep 17, 2010 Married!

Feb 04, 2010 Green Card Interview- Approved

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I think that you won't know anything for sure until the second week when he's supposed to receive the visa. At that point if no visa has come in the mail like they said it would then contact the Embassy or DOS and see what reply they give you. If it sounds like a standard AP reply then notify your Congressman and they can advocate for you on your behalf during this process. Hopefully they are just double checking and crossing all their i's and dotting their t's and he should have his visa in a matter of weeks. :)

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Hi all, my fiance just his K1 interview in Madrid. For those of yall who don't know me, my fiance is Moroccan with Spanish residency. His interview was yesterday and the lady told him he was totally approved three or four times when he asked and that his visa should be at his address in 1-2 weeks.

This was very exciting news. I had sent a few emails to the embassy stating my support and that if they needed any info to contact me. I assumed they didnt need to since he was already approved and left my phone on vibrate yesterday after the interview while I was at work. However, they called me while I was in a meeting and did not leave a message. I called back ten minutes later and got the answering service. They are only open 8-10 am US time or 3-5 Spain time. I emailed them last night stating that they could contact me by email. I'm a teacher and today was the first day of class where I teach at a new school. I called during their hours between class changes and got the busy tone. Then I got a call from them during class and felt I had to answer it (*breaking school policy on the first day * )or I wouldnt get a chance to talk with them and maybe risk our visa processing getting held up. I excused myself to the restroom and took the call.

I was "interviewed" the same 10 questions as my fiance the day before and had sent him with a mountain of paperwork and evidence that explained all of the answers to the questions, but they did not want to take on the day of the interview. I have read every single review for the Madrid consulate and have spoken with at least a dozen people who have done their interview there and this has NEVER happened. :angry: I answered everything perfectly but felt a little nervous and jittery since I was leaving my class all alone on the first day of school to take a call and I think my nervousness came out in my voice. :bonk: I know nervousness looks like a redflag to them, should I try to contact them and explain whats happening?

My fiance was told he was approved several times and his passport was taken, no 221g. However he was not give a piece of paper from the delivery service to call if the visa takes more than 2 weeks, which is given at this consulate. I'm hoping she is new and just is trying to take extra steps like calling me and making rookie mistakes like forgetting to give us the delivery paper. My fiance said she was African American, and I have only heard of a blond lady and an older lady doing K-1 so maybe she is new. I really just hope we are not being harassed. He is completely legal in Spain and we have 3 years together so I don't see how this could be a problem.

Are we being harassed?

Does it sound like AP?

Anyone have any insight? Should I make a big fuss at the embassy or should I just lay low?, but I dont want to get put on AP..... :wacko: Maybe I am just nervous from not eating all day and missing my fiance.

Hi - By any chance did you contact your congressman prior to the interview? If not, you may want to and have them make an inquiry with the Spain Consulate on your behalf.

It cant hurt and you may even get the truth about what is going on.

BTW - my fiance is from ALgeria and the same exact thing happened to us --- exactly the same. When he did receive his visa we found that they actually did issue a visa within the original 7-10 days they like they told us, however, it was "cancelled without prejudice". The valid visa was issued just about 1 month after the first one .... I have no idea why it happened this way but it did ... waited a little more time but in the end it all worked out and its all good!!

Good Luck and I hope your fiance gets his fiance quickly!!

Take care,

Malarie

** The black ribbon I display in my display is for my son in law who was killed in Afganistan November 23,2009 **

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I wouldn't worry about it too much...........I was at my husband's interview with him last December, the interviewer stated he believed our marriage was real, but he still needed to do standard background checks (AP), which lasted another 12 weeks.

In those 12 weeks, after I returned home to my daughter and to work, the embassy actually called me at home and asked me all of the same interview questions again, and I probably sounded a little nervous too because I was totally caught off guard at 3am when they called me!! lol They even called my husband's boss at his job to interview him about his knowledge of our marriage and relationship........

then in February, the embassy called my husband to submit his passport for the visa. A week later, they told him to take back his passport because they had to do a 'last minute' name check in D.C.........then FINALLY on March 3rd, they called him to bring his passport for the visa and he got it back the same day.

So my point is, that they can do all kinds of 'last minute' checks and interviews before they put the visa in the passport.......I'm sure your fiance will get it soon :thumbs:

Good luck to you both :)

01-04-09 - Married in Egyptian Embassy - Qatar - honeymoon in Egypt (Ahmed's home country)

05-04-09 - I-130 Sent

12-13-09 - INTERVIEW PASSED (Qatar)....Spent 12 weeks in AP

03-03-10 - VISA IN HAND :)

03-06-10 - AHMED COMES HOME :)

03-12-10 - SS# card received

03-19-10 - GC received

05-15-10 - First job

06-01-11 - Better job!

03-2012 - Started our business

Removal of Conditions/10 yr GC

02-15-12 - Sent I-175 ROC

07-17-12 - approved!....card production ordered!!!!

07-21-12 - 10 yr card arrived in mail :)

03-2013 - Apply for Naturalization

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Call DOS Hotline (# in my profile), ask for case status - also ask, specifically, if the case is now in 'additional processing' or not.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Bolivia
Timeline

Are we being harassed?

Does it sound like AP?

Hi Meghan.

Guess what??? She was the one who interviewed us!!! She was a very nice african-american girl. Like your case, she kept my passport, she didn´t give me any paper, (white, blue, pink, red, jajaja), she didn´t want to see any of my proof ( I had tons!!) seriously, not a single picture! she just asked us about 3 or 4 questions, to both of us and that was it, and I was in AP but just for a couple of days, because u know, I didn´t have my Spain Police Record, so she told me they had to do an "internal check" and she told me if everything was fine, I will get my visa in about 3 weeks! I had my interview Wednesday 7, my visa was printed out the 9th, and my visa in hand was the 13!!! so it took less than a week.

I told u it is always complicated for a moroccan citizens wherever they live because of the high fraud country, I am pretty sure she just wanted to double check, actually she is a young girl, and yes she is new working at the embassy. Thank God I didnt got the old blonde lady ;)

Don´t worry my friend, everything will be fine. There is no reason u to worry about. If she said he was approved, and she kept his passport, he probably will get his visa next week.

Please keep me updated!

Have a great weekend!

:hehe: :hehe: :dance: :dance: :star: :star: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs::dance: :dance:

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

01-18-2012 : Sent I-751 Package

01-22-2012 : Delivered California Service Center

01-24-2012 : Check cashed! Yayyy

01-30-2012 : Received ASC letter... Dated 01-27

02-08-2012 : Got Extension Stamp (Passport) Expires 02-07-2013

02-24-2012 : Biometrics Appt.

06-13-2012 : Got my 10 years greencard. Yeah baby!!!

NATURALIZATION

01-15-2013 : Eligible to file

07-05-2013 : Sent package to Phoenix Lockbox

07-11-2013 : Check cashed

07-15-2013 : NOA

07-30-2013 : Biometrics done

08-09-2013 : Interview letter

09-10-2013 : Interview!! PASSED!

11-22-2013 : Oath Ceremony - I AM A CITIZEN OF UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!

xmzGm6.png6r3Fm6.pngan1cOKikw2B0010MjAwMzNsfDU4MDM4NjQ1amF8U

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Bolivia
Timeline

Ahhh BTW! Tell your fiance to have 8 euros cash to pay the delivery mail!! lol

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

01-18-2012 : Sent I-751 Package

01-22-2012 : Delivered California Service Center

01-24-2012 : Check cashed! Yayyy

01-30-2012 : Received ASC letter... Dated 01-27

02-08-2012 : Got Extension Stamp (Passport) Expires 02-07-2013

02-24-2012 : Biometrics Appt.

06-13-2012 : Got my 10 years greencard. Yeah baby!!!

NATURALIZATION

01-15-2013 : Eligible to file

07-05-2013 : Sent package to Phoenix Lockbox

07-11-2013 : Check cashed

07-15-2013 : NOA

07-30-2013 : Biometrics done

08-09-2013 : Interview letter

09-10-2013 : Interview!! PASSED!

11-22-2013 : Oath Ceremony - I AM A CITIZEN OF UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!

xmzGm6.png6r3Fm6.pngan1cOKikw2B0010MjAwMzNsfDU4MDM4NjQ1amF8U

Timeline

Hi Megan ... Don't worry i went with my fiance in his interview day (July 14)The officer asked us a few question, after that he told us we have to wait 14 days to receive the passport with the visa. I return to the USA on Friday 16 and monday July 19 I received a phone call from the US Officer from Madrid Spain the phone call was for 20 minutes and he ask the same questions i told him i was in the interview day and i answer all his questions. He told me he just wanted to know how i meet him again.And he told me my fiance is going to receive his passport with the visa on it in the next days.

On Friday 23 he reiceved the passport with the visa,he payed aprox 9(euros) .

Timeline

Thanks to all who have answered. I appreciate the words of support and advice. I do have another question/ concern about the interview.

Both my fiance and I were asked what my family thinks about the relationship. This has been an issue from almost day one- not too hard to figure out... my family is Christian, we live in the "Bible Belt" and in the south where, to many people skin color, how much money you have, and how many karats you can afford matters. My family is not particularly thrilled and would much rather I be engaged to a doctor's son with freckles and blond hair and a church membership.

However, my fiance and I agreed that we would not make this public information in our lives (yes, I know I'm sharing this over the internet, but it's for a reason) because it is a " verguenza" (a shame, humiliation). We both had the same answer at the interview because we had talked about this earlier, but we are a little bit concerned that the consulate may contact my parents to verify the facts (since they have their phone # from the G-325A form). My family may just be crazy enough to say something outrageous to the embassy which may give us more grief.

How likely would it be that the embassy calls my family? Even if my family does say something negative about our relationship, I am 24 years old and old enough to make a decision about who I want to marry, so why should it matter? Or could this be grounds for cancelling the visa?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks. :blush:

Our Timeline

Oct ~ 2007 We met

May 05, 2010 NOA2

Aug 16, 2010 Put on AP

Sep 17, 2010 Married!

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

My family may just be crazy enough to say something outrageous to the embassy which may give us more grief.

How likely would it be that the embassy calls my family? Even if my family does say something negative about our relationship, I am 24 years old and old enough to make a decision about who I want to marry, so why should it matter? Or could this be grounds for cancelling the visa?

Hi Meghan,

I apologize for your worries. I know this must be aggravating. I had the exact same thoughts as you did regarding the whole family issue. To put it lightly, if my mom could deport my husband off into another galaxy, she would do it in a heartbeat. Yes, presumingly that's her Louisianan blood coming out with true colors. I was so afraid the consulate might call my mother because I read an review where someone actually DID, to confirm information. This was from Casa so I think they are a little extreme and I highly doubt happen to you. That case had a lot of red flags and it sounds like you have a solid relationship and shouldn't worry.Just think, your amor will be coming home to you soon.

God bless, Meghan. I will pray for you two.

Zaytoona

moroccantea.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thanks to all who have answered. I appreciate the words of support and advice. I do have another question/ concern about the interview.

Both my fiance and I were asked what my family thinks about the relationship. This has been an issue from almost day one- not too hard to figure out... my family is Christian, we live in the "Bible Belt" and in the south where, to many people skin color, how much money you have, and how many karats you can afford matters. My family is not particularly thrilled and would much rather I be engaged to a doctor's son with freckles and blond hair and a church membership.

However, my fiance and I agreed that we would not make this public information in our lives (yes, I know I'm sharing this over the internet, but it's for a reason) because it is a " verguenza" (a shame, humiliation). We both had the same answer at the interview because we had talked about this earlier, but we are a little bit concerned that the consulate may contact my parents to verify the facts (since they have their phone # from the G-325A form). My family may just be crazy enough to say something outrageous to the embassy which may give us more grief.

They could contact your family however they can't deny based on your family's biased opinions. They just want to verify that your family is aware of your relationship.

01/2006 - Filed k1(1st time)

04/2006 - Interview (1st time) denied

Waited, waited...... no review

06/2009 - Filed k1 (2nd time)

09/2009 - NOA 2 approved

12/2009 - Interview (2nd time) APPROVED! VISA ISSUED

02/2010 - Arrived USA

04/2010 - Married

AOS Timeline

4/19/2010-Sent to Chicago Lockbox

4/26/2010-Received texts and emails 7th day

4/30/2010-Received NOA's(Hardcopies) 11th day

5/3/2010-Received ASC appointment notice(mailed 4/29/2010)14th day

5/7/2010-Walk-in Biometrics done(2 weeks earlier)18th day

5/13/2010-Case transferred to CSC

6/2/2010- Case received/resumed at CSC

6/18,6/22,6/23 AOS touches

6/28/2010- EAD production and touch on AP

6/29/2010-AOS APPROVED

7/2/2010- 2nd update on EAD production and touched on AP....

7/6/2010- Received "Welcome Letter" and AP document

7/12/2010-Received GREEN CARD and EAD

greencard.jpg

Timeline

Update: We are officially in AP.... this could be a good thing... :blush:

Our Timeline

Oct ~ 2007 We met

May 05, 2010 NOA2

Aug 16, 2010 Put on AP

Sep 17, 2010 Married!

event.png

Update: We are officially in AP.... this could be a good thing... :blush:

It is a good thing! And completely normal. I would not worry, sounds like you just need to waiting things out for a little while. I pray it goes very quickly for you! :thumbs:

Hang in there!

Jackie

Timeline

Hmmmm, so there's a Spanish girl here on VJ that I've been chatting with. She had her medical the same time as my fiance and said hey to him. She also had her interview the same day as him. She lives on an island off the coast of Spain (mail takes longer to get there) and she just PMed me back saying her visa arrived three days ago. She won't be coming to the US till October. Today was supposed to be the day we got married. :crying: The irony of it all.

Our Timeline

Oct ~ 2007 We met

May 05, 2010 NOA2

Aug 16, 2010 Put on AP

Sep 17, 2010 Married!

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.