Jason96

Total overall costs for this journey (K-1)?

38 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

k1 journey is costly. The petition itself, the traveling, long distance calling, etc... everything should be more than 7,000. I know it seems outrageous but its worth it. All the Best

AOS Timeline
7-23-2010 AOS package mailed priority via USPS to Chicago Lockbox (expected delivery date 7-26-2010)
7-27-2010 AOS package delivered
8-3-2010 NOA 1 AOS/EAD/AP (received hard copy NOA 1's in mailbox 8-7-2010)
8-6-2010 AOS/EAD/AP Touched
8-9-2010 AOS/EAD/AP Touched
9-15-2010 Biometrics walk-in at Alexandria,VA ASC(original appointment date 10-5-2010)
9-15-2010 AOS/EAD Touched
9-16-2010 AOS/EAD Touched
9-22-2010 EAD/AP Touched
9-22-2010 EAD card production ordered. Approved!!!!!
9-23-2010 EAD/AP Touched
9-30-2010 EAD received in mail
10-4-2010 Received interview letter in the mail
11-9-2010 AOS interview 11:00am in Baltimore, Maryland
11-9-2010 Greencard approved!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Dominica
Timeline

I so try to not think about this.... B-)

6/9/10 Mailed USPS

6/10/10 Received at VSC

6/15/10 NOA1 Notice Date

6/17/10 Check cashed

6/19/10 NOA1 received in mail

6/21/10 Touched

7/16/10 NOA2

7/22/10 NVC received Case

7/24/10 NOA2 received in mail

7/26/10 Packet left NVC for Bridgetown

8/9/10 Consulate received Petition

8/10/10 Consulate mailed Package 3

8/23/10 Consulate re-mailed Package 3

9/3/10 Received packet 3

9/9/10 Mailed Packet 3

9/15/10 Consulate received packet 3

10/1/10 Interview scheduled (packet 4 en route)

10/8/10 Received packet 4

10/28/10 Went for Medical Exam

11/2/10 Interview at 9 a.m. - Approved!

12/11/10 Point of Entry via San Juan

Yay!

I so try to not think about this.... B-)

Just don't save the receipts so you won't see it all add up.

Seriously though, it is all worth it to be with the one you love!

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

WOW...thanks everybody for all your input! :D Yes, I agree that to have the one you love with you in the end makes everything worthwhile! :) Reading all your posts has been immensely educational, so thanks to each of you who took the time to post! :D My journey is soon to begin, as soon as I can get all the paperwork together, so just wanted to plan ahead for the costs that I need to expect, so I am much appreciative and grateful to know all of this on the outset of things... ;)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

WOW...thanks everybody for all your input! :D Yes, I agree that to have the one you love with you in the end makes everything worthwhile! :) Reading all your posts has been immensely educational, so thanks to each of you who took the time to post! :D My journey is soon to begin, as soon as I can get all the paperwork together, so just wanted to plan ahead for the costs that I need to expect, so I am much appreciative and grateful to know all of this on the outset of things... ;)

Here is what I have paid so far:

455.00 - i-129f

235.00 - medical ( her son and her )

700.00 - Interview Fees

1578.00 - Plane tickets

--------------------

2968.00 So far...

Just when we thought we winning the rat race... along comes a faster rat (i.e USCIS)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Oh, but you forgot the most important thing.....the cost of bringing all of her family and aunts and uncles and nieces, nephews, grandma and grandpa, neighbors, relatives she didn't know she had to their new life in the USA and they will all want to live with YOU in YOUR house so tack on the

additional expense of either buying a HUGE house or paying to add on lots of room to whatever house you have!!! Then the added utilities, food, clothing for them since they won't have jobs. Good luck!!!! :bonk::rofl:

This is only regionally applicable.

jeez the guy was just trying to plan ahead, he wasn't complaining about it or asking for a lecture! :blink:

I am not complaining either. The poster above you understands.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

is that a typo? $1010! for adjust status? one thousand! why on earth is it so much?

No typo. And it will go up. (government fees never go down) The fee to adjust status is the best bargain on earth. It is the passport to the world's largest economy that millions of people would pay far more to attain. The DOS is flooded every year with people filing for the visa lottery. All so they can pay the same fees usually from an economy where $1000 is a lot more money than it is here. Heck, a brake job can cost $1000. TVs and refrigerators cost more than $1000. Plane tickets to Europe can easily exceed $1000. A set of tires easily sets you back $700 and that isn't for fancy ones.

A green card for 12 years ($1010 + $535) is the best bargain on earth. The BEST BARGAIN ON EARTH. That is $128 pre YEAR...35 CENTS per day. even if she becomes a citizen after three years it is still less than $500 per year, less than what you pay for cable TV, or even internet service to post on this forum, to have your dream girl as your wife and for her to be a US resident. Best deal I ever got.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.