moroccogirlny

Citizenship From Birth

324 posts in this topic

Nope, I'm referring to the amendment.

Oh sorry, I see you wrote beyond slaves. Did not notice that.

April 24, 2010: Married in Butuan City
May 23, 2010: Submitted I-130
May 28, 2010: NOA-1 Received
October 19, 2010: NOA-2 Received
October 26, 2010: Case Number Assigned
October 28, 2010: IIN Received
November 3, 2010: AOS paid
November 5, 2010: AOS status "PAID". Sent AOS packet
November 6, 2010: DS-3032 email received. Emailed DS-3032
November 8, 2010: IV paid, DS-3032 accepted
November 10, 2010: IV status "PAID". Sent IV packet
November 15, 2010: IV received at NVC
November 22, 2010: False Checklist for missing DS-230
November 29, 2010: AOS + IV entered into system
December 4, 2010: SIF, Case Completed
December 6, 2010: Interview Scheduled
December 27-28, 2010: Passed Physical
January 6, 2011: Interview @ 0830 Approved
January 14, 2011: Visa received
January 31, 2011: CFO seminar completed
February 11, 2011: POE- LAX

Removal of Conditions
January 8, 2013: Mailed I-751
January 10,2013: NOA1
February 6, 2013: Biometrics Appoint.

June 4, 2013: Received I-797 NOA removal of conditions

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I still don't think there should be an amnesty. Granted, it would be impossible to round everyone up and deport them, but it's time to make E-Verify mandatory and crack down on all the US employers who knowingly hire illegals. Same thing for drivers licenses. It's way too easy for illegals to stay here and it is our fault, not theirs.

Nah, give them drivers licenses - special "temporary visitor" licenses for non-citizens.

Many states issue them (examples here and here.)

That way we'll know who they are and where they live, and so will the cops.

Did not notice that.

Pay atencio!

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Nah, give them drivers licenses - special "temporary visitor" licenses for non-citizens.

Many states issue them (examples here and here.)

That way we'll know who they are and where they live, and so will the cops.

I suppose that would work for some of them. Many have a fake passport and others will drive without a license anyway. If they can't work, drive or do anything else, some will leave and as others are caught for various violation they can be deported to Mexico, even if they didn't come from there.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

It's a slap in the face to generations of immigrants. If they give amnesty, why not just open the floodgates and do away with the legal process. Let everyone in. It's ridiculous.

While everyone else tightens their border and immigration, to keep track of who comes in and ensure immigration is fair, some here want everyone in. Furthermore, forget or ignore this is not the 1800s or the early 1900s, when there were millions of manufacturing jobs - they're gone. And as Mark pointed out a while back, it isn't people with PhDs jumping the border either.

These people coming here illegally are poor, unskilled and most don't even know the language nor care to learn it, therefore, once naturalized will be a massive burden on the system, that is the reality. Now if you guys recall, you basically had to sponsor us spouses, therefore, we can never become a burden. Once again, look at the double standards and idiocy of allowing them in.

For those loonies who advocate open borders, immigration is apparently a right, rather than a privilege. I might say stuff about the US versus other first world countries but not for a second have I forgotten that I am a guest here and at the request of my spouse; which is also why I follow the rules [laws] to the tee. I guess when you actually have to do something legitimately and work for it, you appreciate it.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

They are already a massive burden on our system. How many of their kids are in our schools? How much do we spend providing services to them? Again, I blame the government and American businesses for allowing this to happen and for doing nothing to stop it. Walls aren't the answer.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

I suppose that would work for some of them. Many have a fake passport and others will drive without a license anyway. If they can't work, drive or do anything else, some will leave and as others are caught for various violation they can be deported to Mexico, even if they didn't come from there.

An old lady in the area was killed the other day because a repeated DUI illegal alien, smashed into her family while drunk. Even if he had a license, like he'd give a ###### if it was taken. The county prosecutor basically said, the IA has run out of luck waiting for ICE to deport, he is now going to be charged with some sort of murder offense.

When you think about it, you basically have a group of people running around the country who are above the law. If they're caught and released on bail, they're off to Latin America. Whereas if I ran, I'd be caught in Aus and resent back here to be charged.

Edited by Heracles

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

An old lady in the area was killed the other day because a repeated DUI illegal alien, smashed into her family while drunk. Even if he had a license, like he'd give a ###### if it was taken. The county prosecutor basically said, the IA has run out of luck waiting for ICE to deport, he is now going to be charged with some sort of murder offense.

When you think about it, you basically have a group of people running around the country who are above the law.

There are many here who pay an American to marry them, go thru the process to get papers to become legal. How about then joining the US military for a shortened path to citizenship? And then start bringing family members here?

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

They are already a massive burden on our system. How many of their kids are in our schools? How much do we spend providing services to them? Again, I blame the government and American businesses for allowing this to happen and for doing nothing to stop it. Walls aren't the answer.

Steven will find an article from someone that claims they pay all these taxes but disregard any articles form reputable news sources that illustrate about things like the $1 billion California alone spends every year on incarcerating illegal aliens for non-immigration based crimes. Or the billions spent educating anchor-babies or children of illegal aliens, that could go to towards American kids that live in poverty [struggle], have run down schools and classrooms of 30 kids; pretty-much like so many Californian schools. Oh no, we need to look out for illegals and their plight.

Walls, yes and no, depending on where. The border needs 24/7 surveillance period. There should not be one square inch of the border that is not being looked at, with border patrol able to intersect people within minutes. As long as you can come here and drop a kid out, the can eventually become a president, every other measure is pointless and useless.

“But you are damaging relations with the Latino community.”

This is the only reason there's been no resolution yet.

Until you get a group of politicians in there that could care less about 20 million new votes, there will be no change in the current system. When Obama talked about change I think he was murmuring something under his breath about "and that means more new voters."

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

There shouldn't be a "Latino" community to cowtow to. The division into racial and ethnic communities is part of the identity politics the Left plays to benefit from White guilt. If the Latinos that matter are US citizens, then their concerns should be the same as other law abiding Americans- to protect our borders, preserve our sovereignty, and allow us to enforce our immigration laws in our best interest.

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

Peejay,

My point is the Republican's wet dream for a President and a Republican President and Congress did nothing, shall I repeat, nothing to stop illegal immigration. You really beleive that is going to change?

First of all, I'm not a registered Republican. Actually I'm an independent and can vote in either primary. However, I am a conservative and pretty much vote that way no matter which party has the most conservative candidate.

That said, there is a lot to dislike about Bush and the direction he took the country. As president and defacto party leader he set the direction and many in congress went along with it in the name of party unity even though they disagreed. That is one reason I refuse to be a party hack and am proud to be an Independent.

With Bush gone many in the Republican party are no longer shackled to his open border / pro-illegal immigration ideology. Sure, there are Democrats in conservative districts that want to crack down on illegal immigration and would vote that way, but the present bunch running the Democratic agenda are far Left and believe the cheap votes from amnestied illegal aliens is the future of the party. Just another minority hungry for social programs that are the stock and trade of liberal Left wing of the Democratic party that now controls that party.

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

If the Latinos that matter are US citizens, then their concerns should be the same as other law abiding Americans- to protect our borders, preserve our sovereignty, and allow us to enforce our immigration laws in our best interest.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

We have a winner.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Timeline

So, a friend of my wife just came to the US for the second time to give birth to her second child. Yes, you guessed it, she came the first time to give birth to her first one. The only reason why she comes here to give birth is to ensure that her kids are US citizens. And we all pay for the pre-natal care for the last couple of month of her pregnancy and for the full cost of the delivery - somewhere around 20K for each birth. Clearly, my wife's friend as well as her baby are subject to the jurisdiction of the Ethiopian government as they are citizens of that country and she came here only on a temporary visa. I don't believe that bestowing citizenship rights on the child in a scenario like this furthers any legitimate goal.

And no, this is not an isolated incident. I am aware of dozens of such cases just from the relatively small circle of Ethiopians known to me.

So, a friend of my wife just came to the US for the second time to give birth to her second child.

What's her visa status and why haven't you reported her?

Also, how can your wife be friends with people who do this?

Русский форум член.

Filed: Timeline
What's her visa status and why haven't you reported her?

Also, how can your wife be friends with people who do this?

There's nothing to be reported as there is wrong with her visa status - she's here on a regular tourist visa and she'll be departing back to Ethiopia shortly just as she did when she came here to have her first child. She has no interest in living in the US. And my wife has known this friend for a couple of decades - they went to school together. It's not exactly my wife's problem that the US has a retarded citizenship policy that people from all over the world take advantage of. Why would this have any impact on a decade-long friendship?