moroccogirlny

Citizenship From Birth

324 posts in this topic

why wouldn't you want it to change? and what is fair about taking a plane ride at 7 months pregnant to download a baby in an emergency room at taxpayer cost? and what is fair about jumping across the border to have a baby in an emergency room at taxpayer cost?

There are plenty of other laws that make sure that baby is born at tax payer expense. Citizenship has nothing to do with it.

if for good reason, it should change. given overwhelming support for the AZ law among everyday americans (not the special interest lobby), it seems most americans would agree that there is a good reason for changing the 14th amendment.

The majority of people don't come to the U.S, to have babies. They come here to work. Why don't we deal with protecting the border instead of trying to change a law that quite frankly I don't think stands a snowball chance in hell of ever being changed. Conservative President and conservative Congress change things? Yes sure. Regan legalized 1.7 million illegals. Bush Jr. tried to push his own amnesty bills.

Citizenship is something people should aspire to acquire and work towards, it should certainly not be mocked by being handed out like some discount coupons - for all to take. Thankfully my own country will never disrespect the country by handing out citizenship like that; which is probbaly why it means so much.

So prior to August 20, 1986 your countries citizenship didn't mean much? I am glad to see you finally feel it is worth something.

April 24, 2010: Married in Butuan City
May 23, 2010: Submitted I-130
May 28, 2010: NOA-1 Received
October 19, 2010: NOA-2 Received
October 26, 2010: Case Number Assigned
October 28, 2010: IIN Received
November 3, 2010: AOS paid
November 5, 2010: AOS status "PAID". Sent AOS packet
November 6, 2010: DS-3032 email received. Emailed DS-3032
November 8, 2010: IV paid, DS-3032 accepted
November 10, 2010: IV status "PAID". Sent IV packet
November 15, 2010: IV received at NVC
November 22, 2010: False Checklist for missing DS-230
November 29, 2010: AOS + IV entered into system
December 4, 2010: SIF, Case Completed
December 6, 2010: Interview Scheduled
December 27-28, 2010: Passed Physical
January 6, 2011: Interview @ 0830 Approved
January 14, 2011: Visa received
January 31, 2011: CFO seminar completed
February 11, 2011: POE- LAX

Removal of Conditions
January 8, 2013: Mailed I-751
January 10,2013: NOA1
February 6, 2013: Biometrics Appoint.

June 4, 2013: Received I-797 NOA removal of conditions

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Birthright citizenship for ant Tom, ####### or Harry was not what the framers of the 14th Amendment intended. They made that clear. It is activist courts that expanded birthright citizenship beyond the original target - freed slaves. At the time the amendment was passed, states determined citizenship and controlled immigration. The framers understood that freedmen would have been discriminated against by bigoted state legislatures, and the amendment was meant to circumvent that. This intent is a far cry from the birthright citizenship created by court rulings.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Birthright citizenship for ant Tom, ####### or Harry was not what the framers of the 14th Amendment intended. They made that clear. It is activist courts that expanded birthright citizenship beyond the original target - freed slaves. At the time the amendment was passed, states determined citizenship and controlled immigration. The framers understood that freedmen would have been discriminated against by bigoted state legislatures, and the amendment was meant to circumvent that. This intent is a far cry from the birthright citizenship created by court rulings.

Bullsh!t. Read the arguments made prior to the ratification of the Birthright Citizenship Clause.

I think you are referring to Civil Rights Act of 1866. The 14th Amendment did among other things give backing to the civil rights act.

April 24, 2010: Married in Butuan City
May 23, 2010: Submitted I-130
May 28, 2010: NOA-1 Received
October 19, 2010: NOA-2 Received
October 26, 2010: Case Number Assigned
October 28, 2010: IIN Received
November 3, 2010: AOS paid
November 5, 2010: AOS status "PAID". Sent AOS packet
November 6, 2010: DS-3032 email received. Emailed DS-3032
November 8, 2010: IV paid, DS-3032 accepted
November 10, 2010: IV status "PAID". Sent IV packet
November 15, 2010: IV received at NVC
November 22, 2010: False Checklist for missing DS-230
November 29, 2010: AOS + IV entered into system
December 4, 2010: SIF, Case Completed
December 6, 2010: Interview Scheduled
December 27-28, 2010: Passed Physical
January 6, 2011: Interview @ 0830 Approved
January 14, 2011: Visa received
January 31, 2011: CFO seminar completed
February 11, 2011: POE- LAX

Removal of Conditions
January 8, 2013: Mailed I-751
January 10,2013: NOA1
February 6, 2013: Biometrics Appoint.

June 4, 2013: Received I-797 NOA removal of conditions

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

The majority of people don't come to the U.S, to have babies. They come here to work. Why don't we deal with protecting the border instead of trying to change a law that quite frankly I don't think stands a snowball chance in hell of ever being changed. Conservative President and conservative Congress change things? Yes sure. Regan legalized 1.7 million illegals. Bush Jr. tried to push his own amnesty bills.

Reagan's misguided amnesty was actually passed by a Democratic congress...he signed it. Many close to him have suggested that had he known what harm it would eventually cause he never would have done it.

Bush got nowhere with his push for amnesty even with a Republican majority congress. The American people raised holy hell and that foolishness was dropped. Obummer isn't having much luck pushing his amnesty plans either even though his party controls both houses of congress. The American people don't want it and congress is reluctant to go out on a limb to rile voters. Obummer tries to play both sides of the fence, but just ends up looking like the liar he is.

There are millions and millions of anchor babies born to millions of illegal aliens, so to pretend it is an insignificant phenomenon is kind of ludicrous. Americans are starting to wake up to this lunacy and see it is not good for us or our country to be so open with our borders or cheapening US citizenship.

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

Bullsh!t. Read the arguments made prior to the ratification of the Birthright Citizenship Clause.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/268032-sen-kyl-backs-anchor-baby-hearing/page__p__4105378#entry4105378

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

why wouldn't you want it to change? and what is fair about taking a plane ride at 7 months pregnant to download a baby in an emergency room at taxpayer cost? and what is fair about jumping across the border to have a baby in an emergency room at taxpayer cost?

if for good reason, it should change. given overwhelming support for the AZ law among everyday americans (not the special interest lobby), it seems most americans would agree that there is a good reason for changing the 14th amendment.

facepalm-face-palm-facepalm-demotivational-poster-1223672935.jpg

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Quit trying to ** with the Constitution! We're not everybody else. This is America, dammit. Keep your grimy hands off the 14th Amendment! :angry:

The Constitution says "all persons born ... and subject to the jurisdiction [of the United States]",

not "all persons born". If the place of birth was all that was material, they wouldn't have added

the jurisdiction provision.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Quit trying to ** with the Constitution! We're not everybody else. This is America, dammit. Keep your grimy hands off the 14th Amendment! :angry:

Slim = Mark = ElBuscador

Basically, just replace the issue, insert fingers in ears and you guys have the same illogical / ideological stance.

Edited by Heracles

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

How do you know? It could change in the future.

They actually US style laws regarding this in their Constitution, but amended it.

Edited by Heracles

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Slim = Mark = ElBuscador

I am not Steven.

I used to be against a repeal of the 14th Amendment, but after seeing this, I believe it's now a national security issue.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

I am not Steven.

I used to be against a repeal of the 14th Amendment, but after seeing this, I believe it's now a national security issue.

Not you dude, the other clown.

How can anyone deny the problem with this, or refuse to ponder why no other civilized country allows it themselves. It's not even China only doing it, as ABC national news the other night had a segment on it, showing people from all over the world doing the same thing. Illustrating that there are now special hotels and clinics setup to exploit this.

Edited by Heracles