Veronik

Completely Terrified about Monday

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

So...

I flew back yesterday, made it back safe and sound... I had the worst nightmare! I dreamed that the consulate officer had hire a private investigator to found out how Chris and I met, and send bouties after me and my family. These two guys showed up at my parents house with machettes and wanted to kill us! Needless to say I wasn`t approved in my dream!!!

So I`m completely scared about Monday, scared of being denied or put in AP and wait another 5 months because Montreal is so slow. I`m terrified of being stuck here and not be able to live with Chris, home where I belong... I feel helpless and it`s driving me insane!

I`m scared they`re gonna say there`s a problem with Chris`pay stubs (he works for a small company, so they don`t have pay stubs, they made copies of his checks), scared they`re gonna say he doesn`t make enough (made 15,000$ last year 'cause he was up here for 6 months, but this year his employer`s letter states 29,000$, and he has 3,500 in savings) and I`m the most terrified about the 'how we met' question. I`m scared I`ll get so nervous that my French will come out and they`ll think I`m lying or something! I have a tendency to mix up the two languages when I`m nervous... BTW, are they expecting a novel of an answer to this question?

So, I need psychological support and help or whatever it is that you guys did to survive and to get approved on the I. Day!!!

:wacko:

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I was like you, I was terrified I was going to be slapped with a misrepresentation charge and so convinced I'd need a waiver of inadmissability we already had one done AND the I-601. However, I was amazed at how smoothly the interview went. They aren't trying to prove you SHOULDN'T get the visa, they are trying to simply verify the information you put on your forms.

It is really not something to get so stressed about. You will do fine! Montreal, although not without its problems, is not dealing with a lot of high fraud applications.

Maybe I missed this, but how did you guys meet anyway and why are you so nervous about it? I assume you've been honest about everything up until now correct?

Just tell the truth, be confident, and you'll be fine

Good luc

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

heya

lemme tell you something , they are humans as same as you , and you shouldn't be soo scared like that of some people you might be better than them even , they are not gonna eat you , contrary i want you to have a self confident and be vain if in cost but don't ever be scared , you have rights you are going there to take , you are not going to take something is not yours or is not your right , you payed money for it and you been tired for it , so you are gonna get it........darn consular :)

Beautiful patience.

Filed: Other Timeline

Vero and Chris-

Good luck with your interview coming up on Monday....

Don't worry, I don't think that the nightmare you had will come true...(lol..if it does, you must be psychic...)

Seriously, it's completely normal to be worried and anxious about such, as this is a nerve-racking situation....

But in most cases, if you have all your paperwork, and have adequately prepared for such, then you should have no problems..

As well, it should help too, that your haven't run into too many (or any) problems with immigration before, so that shouldn't be an issue for you now, as it's not an issue for you before..

Also, VJ is a great resource...As we've all "been there and done that"...So that can be of reassurance too....

If it makes you feel any better....I felt the same way too when I had my interview...

Although I was in a worse situation with my AOS interview...interrogated for 2 hours at POE...gettng married on a whim....and having 'no status' after my visa expired...and having co-sponsor issues.....and having other complicated issues....going broke....no time to prepare..We didn't know if I would be allowed to stay, or I had to go, or get a ban....

Uggh...But somehow we made it through and were approved...and thank goodness I was allowed to stay...

What helped me...having all my paperwork (lol..too much even...but better safe than sorry), having my husband with me during the interview, remembering to breathe, and having a lawyer with us (though our case was complicated)....

Oh yes, and remember: Just be yourself. Answer questions truthfully. Think positively And think: It will all be over in less than an hour..(and I'll get my visa and be on my way to the USA...)

Nevertheless, hope all goes well for you....Good luck....

You'll do great! (we're all cheering for you here on VJ) :dance:

Ant

So...

I flew back yesterday, made it back safe and sound... I had the worst nightmare! I dreamed that the consulate officer had hire a private investigator to found out how Chris and I met, and send bouties after me and my family. These two guys showed up at my parents house with machettes and wanted to kill us! Needless to say I wasn`t approved in my dream!!!

So I`m completely scared about Monday, scared of being denied or put in AP and wait another 5 months because Montreal is so slow. I`m terrified of being stuck here and not be able to live with Chris, home where I belong... I feel helpless and it`s driving me insane!

I`m scared they`re gonna say there`s a problem with Chris`pay stubs (he works for a small company, so they don`t have pay stubs, they made copies of his checks), scared they`re gonna say he doesn`t make enough (made 15,000$ last year 'cause he was up here for 6 months, but this year his employer`s letter states 29,000$, and he has 3,500 in savings) and I`m the most terrified about the 'how we met' question. I`m scared I`ll get so nervous that my French will come out and they`ll think I`m lying or something! I have a tendency to mix up the two languages when I`m nervous... BTW, are they expecting a novel of an answer to this question?

So, I need psychological support and help or whatever it is that you guys did to survive and to get approved on the I. Day!!!

:wacko:

Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Vero,

You have nothing to be nervous about. Your relationship is real! Be honest and confident and answer all of your questions with a smile. This whole K1 process is quite invasive, but if you've done the paperwork and been honest throughout you will come out of that interview smiling!

Be happy, you're almost at the finish line! Honestly, apart from the waiting, the interview was so easy. I felt proud and excited to talk about my fiance. The interviewer isn't looking for elaborate responses. They want the truth but it all goes so fast and it feels natural. I had originally been nervous because my fiance and I have only known each other for a year and last year we travelled and were unemployed. None of that came up at the interview.

You have a cosponsor right? You'll do great!!! Just believe in yourself because you have nothing to be afraid of. I've read your list of required documents. You've gone over and beyond what is expected. You are ready!!!

AOS

POE @ Toronto Pearson - 08/12/10

Civil Ceremony - 08/27/10

Applied for SSN in married name - 09/06/10 (I was told it will take 4 weeks to get the background check cleared and an additional 2 weeks to receive my card)

AOS/EAD/AP sent with FedEx - 09/25/10

E-Notice From Chicago - 10/05/10

I-797C, NOA1 Received - 10/08/10

SSN card received (FINALLY!)- 10/23/10

Biometrics appointment - 10/28/10

EAD Approved - 11/19/10 (USCIS Website Notice)

AP Approved & Received - 11/22/10

EAD Received- 11/23/10

Interview - 02/07/11 APPROVED!

I am now a U.S. Permanent Resident!!

My K1 Journey can be found on the 'About Me' page

I told them that I met my hubby through my step father and they met online.

It is just nerves, I know I was paranoid before the interview too. Had SO many crazy thoughts go through my head.

After the interview I was laughing at myself, it was so easy.

Removal of Conditions: 12/09/2011

ROC check cashed 12/15/11

NOA1 12/13/11

Biometrics 1/6/12 Complete

RFE 9/13/12

RFE package sent back 10/17/12

Card Production Ordered 12/04/12

10 year card arrived in mail 12/10/12

Timeline

You will be fine. The day of our interview, when we met SteflovesBran, stef was in tears that morning after her mom dropped her off. She had a minor conviction from years ago for shoplifting, if i remember correctly, and was terrified that they would not approve her. She was scared for so many reasons, just as you are. In the end? she got approved, with no problems what so ever, and she showed up solo.

I was scared as well. But i did not realize how easy simple quick and PAINLESS the interview really is. Trust me, you will be fine. As for AP, well that rarely rarely happens, especially to k1 in canada, i think i have only ever heard of one case where it happend.

Trust in yourself, your fiance and your relationship. And if you are going there together, even better!

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

All will be fine. :thumbs:

Most of of us have gone through the "before the interview panic". Once it is all over you will wonder what the fuss was all about. Hang in there, only a few more days to go :)

Edited by OBX

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Timeline

Oh, thank you so much guys! You are the best! :thumbs:

I keep trying to tell myself that I`m ready, and have everything I need documents wise. Chris keeps telling me to relax and that it`ll all be fine. We read reviews together, and when people wrote down 'I was way too stressed for nothing', he'd be like, see I told you!

I know I don`t have anything to hide, I guess I`m just a natural worrier! :unsure:

Thank you so much, you all have made me feel better! I will definitely let you know how it went Monday afternoon. I live 1 hour and a half away from Montreal, so it should be a short day overall... Gosh, I just want this whole being apart thing to be over!!! I guess I don`t have much longer to go now!

Alright, well knock on wood on Monday for me, and thanks again, you guys are the best!

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

So many reviews of Montréal say the people there are really nice and the interview itself was quick and easy. Nervousness and nightmares are understandable, totally normal. You are well prepared, you'll do fine. After your interview you'll wonder why you ever worried. :)

~ Long version of K-1 timeline in profile "About Me" ~

November 2007 - Met on Tortus server of Rappelz

3 October 2009 - Met IRL

13 November 2010 - POE Lewiston NY

28 November 2010 - Married!

23 December 2010 - Filed for AOS/EAD/AP

31 January 2011 - walk-in Biometrics

04 March 2011 - Green Card Production ordered - no interview

05 December 2012 - Mailed I-751

VJsig.png

Timeline

Maybe not the most helpful, but you have the evidence you have. Second guessing it now, 2 days before the interview will do nothing but make you sick by Monday morning.

Put it out to the universe girl - it's about all you're in control of right now.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Normal to be worried, but vast majority are approved. Kick butt--AND most important of all------ELEVATOR OPENS FROM THE REAR!!!!! LOL

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

The day I had my interview I was soooooooo nervous! I got there went through security and decided no point in worrying now...and then..I was at the wicket to pay my cash(at the time it was 100$ each..my daughter was a K2) and I realized I had left the money in my purse at the hotel!!I was like NOOOOOOOOOOOO but the guy behind me in line(his name was Angel..very fitting) loaned me 200$ cash and said we'll meet at the coffee shop after the interviews and pay me back! that guy was a total lifesaver! the interview went super smooth...they are actually really nice there....don't worry you'll do great!(and remember whatever cash you need! hehe)

AOS

02/25/08 sent AOS packet

02/26/08 packet received chicago lockbox

03/03/08 NOA(I-485,I765,I131)for daughter and myself

03/09/08 received biometrics appointment letter

03/25/08 RFE recieved for NOA for I129F(USCIS lost it! DOH!)

03/25/08 RFE sent

03/26/08 biometrics appointment(YAY!)

03/26/08 EAD touched(for daughter and myself)

03/28/08 EAD touch again!

04/03/08 RFE received case processing resumes

04/29/08 request AP expedited

05/01/08 AP sent out

05/02/08 case transfered to CSC

05/02/08 EAD card production ordered

05/05/08 EAD card production ordered again

05/10/08 EAD card received

05/16/08 AOS touched

05/18/08 AOS touched again!

06/11/08 AOS card production ordered!

06/16/08 green card received in mail!!

no more USCIS for almost 2 years!!

ROC

04/07/10 sent I-751 to VSC

04/09/10 NOA recieved

04/13/10 cheque cashed

05/17/10 early biometrics

06/29/10 card production ordered

07/10/10 card received

Timeline

Wow, you guys are really making me feel better! It`s all gonna go GREAT! Well, I`m sending good vibes so it does!!!

Does anyone know if you can bring your cigarettes inside the building?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

prob cant bring lighter/matches!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.