Veronik

Completely Terrified about Monday

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

prob cant bring lighter/matches!!

Yeah I figured that much, but I wonder if they`ll let me keep them or have me check them in or something... I guess we`ll find out!

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Hi,

You'll be fine!!! You know how nervous we get when crossing the border as everyone is a suspecthuh.gif. You've managed that with confidence and no problems. Well they have already done your background check, you've been cleared by your police check, and you have a true love who supports you! yes.gif

We all find love in the strangest places, that's what love is about. Not an arranged marriage, and you already live in a great country so your not escaping from horrible conditions. RELAX... BREATHE.... EXHALE... All of us here are with you in spirit! This is a poem I wrote I'll share with you to ponder and maybe it will bring some peace of mind to you!luv.gif

TRUE LOVE MEANS

Will you walk with me through this fragile world?

Will you be my friend and share my thoughts and dreams?

Will you whisper my name in your darkest hour?

I hold all the moments we've treasured so dear.

Each like a delicate snowflake never repeated.

Will you rest in my heart? May I rest in your?

Whether together or apart held by a prayer.

Life in an everlasting garden of peace and love.

Like bubbles I will blow away any sadness and despair.

With a hug and a smile and a soft touch may we express our love.

Love is a gift given freely no strings attached.

Trust proven by genuine love and constant attention.

So take my hand and kiss it gently.

Never will we have to part for we are joined in one heart.

Silence will envelope us with ease and breath.

Knowing we will always share a special glance,

A knowing smile, and three meaningful words.

Don't hide your thoughts from me.

Release all the darkness so the light will shine forth.

If tears like raindrops fall,

Rest assured a rainbow will follow.

For I will then in a moment be by your side.

A commitment we have made before friends and family.

Sharing a joy of a united love.

A vow not taken lightly,

To remain faithful and respectful.

Of our precious LOVE.heart.gif

Jewel copyright 2008

ALL THE BEST LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR REVIEW!!!!!!

Timeline

Jadenjewel,

Thank you so much for sharing your art! Beautiful!

I feel more and more confident with each post! Thank you guys!

:energy:

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

They took my hubby's smokes and lighter and gave him a ticket. On the way out he gave the ticket back and got them back.

Removal of Conditions: 12/09/2011

ROC check cashed 12/15/11

NOA1 12/13/11

Biometrics 1/6/12 Complete

RFE 9/13/12

RFE package sent back 10/17/12

Card Production Ordered 12/04/12

10 year card arrived in mail 12/10/12

Timeline

They took my hubby's smokes and lighter and gave him a ticket. On the way out he gave the ticket back and got them back.

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

That does sound like a pretty serious nightmare! Yikes! I suspect it is because this is so important to you, but maybe you can take something positive from that nightmare as well - that 'not to approve you' means they would have to do something so extreme as to hire private detectives to follow you and threaten you and come after you with machetes because your case is so obviously approvable only something ridiculous like that would get in the way! :) Besides which, Montreal is having enough trouble getting staff to do the interviews let alone hiring private investigators and guys to carry machetes :D . You'll be fine.

Most of us found the interview part actually very anti-climatic but we all understand the nervousness 'cause we went through it too. Good luck to you - and we'll be looking forward to reading about your success.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Like everyone has said, it is not as bad as you're imaging it! I was very nervous too, and after the interview I laughed at myself for being so worked up. It was the easiest part of the entire process- the only part I felt where I really felt a sense of control!

As far as the "how you met" question, I think every interviewer expects a different amount of detail. I wrote up a paragraph long statement of how we met and included it in the I-129F, and the CO just pulled that out and went over it herself. When she was done she just asked some follow up questions. She seemed more interested in how we met and how often we visited more than anything else. But we also met fairly young (17 and 20) so that may be part of it.

But, honestly, there is nothing to worry about, unless of course you met under some very questionable circumstances. I've read a lot of strange meeting stories on here and I can't recall anyone being denied on the basis of how they met. If your story is strange you may get some extra questions, but unless you met while robbing a bank or on a street corner (if you know what I mean...) I don't think it's going to be a big problem.

Timeline

Hugglebuggles,

Haha, no, no street corner for us! Actually our story is pretty simple, I just got freaked out by that dream!

Kathryn41,

You make a lot of sense! Wish I had your down-to-earthness!

I feel better this morning, I realize that I have all the documents they requested, Chris and I did everything by the book, and they`re not out to get me, so I feel like I should be ok! Of course, I might get another panic attack tomorrow morning who knows!

Thanks everyone!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Good luck today, Vero!

You'll be fine!!!! We'll be waiting to hear your successful interview review! :)

May 25th, 2010 : Filed I-129F at CSC

June 1st, 2010 : NoA1

June 7th, 2010 : Touch

October 19th, 2010: Touch

October 20th, 2010: NoA2! (141 days)

November 8th, 2010: Received Packet 3 from Montreal

November 10th, 2010: Sent Packet 3 back to Montreal

November 25th: Received Packet 4 & Scheduled interview!

March 8th, 2011: Interview in Montreal - Approved!

April 30th, 2011: Move to CA

May 6th, 2011: Married <3

May 31st, 2011: Filed AOS

June 6th, 2011: NoA1

June 13th, 2011: Received Notice for Biometrics

July 7th, 2011: Biometrics

August 22, 2011: AOS Interview - Approved!

August 29th, 2011: Greencard in hand!

Timeline

Good Luck

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.