6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

So far we have contacted a few doctors in our area and they refuse to transfer the data from my husbands DS-3025 to the I-693 even though he had his medical check in Australia only four months ago. They state that they require him to have them do the physical all over again before they'll fill out the I-693. We don't have the money to pay for a whole new physical for him and still get the AOS in soon.

Has anyone just submitted the DS-3025 instead of getting it switched to an I-693? And could I just add a note that the surgeons in the area refused to fill out the I-693 per procedure without having him go through another physical.

~~~~~Ham + Bacon~~~~~

09-10-03 - Met online

10-31-03 - Started dating

09-30-06 - Broke things off Ham wasn't ready for immigration (stayed friends)

12-03-08 - Began dating again...after a certain someone finally realized I was right in what I had been telling him for 2 years. (Had to add that :P )

12-03-08 - Unofficially engaged :)

K1 Visa

10-19-2009 - Sent I-129F to VCS

10-21-2009 - Check cashed

10-22-2009 - NOA1 Hard Copy

10-23-2009 - Touched

01-22-2010 - NOA2

02-04-2010 - Received Package 3

02-22-2010 - Ham finally went to get his medical done

02-24-2010 - Received the all clear on the medical

03-13-2010 - Submitted paperwork for police check

03-25-2010 - Received the Police Check

04-06-2010 - Submitting the P3 to Consulate

04-11-2010 - Received P4

05-04-2010 - Interview! - Needed more evidence of relationship. :( Emailed pics and email convos one hour later.

05-05-2010 - Approved!!!!!!

05-06-2010 - VISA IN HAND!!!!!!

06-09-2010 - POE - LAX (Official Proposal!!!)

07-10-2010 - Wedding :D

AOS

08-31-2010 - Mailed off AOS

09-02-2010 - Packet Received

09-09-2010 - NOA1 Emails - AOS, EAD, AP

09-14-2010 - NOA1 Hard Copies - AOS, EAD, AP

10-04-2010 - Biometrics (AOS and EAD)

11-03-2010 - Email and Text that EAD and AP were approved

11-05-2010 - Email and Text that EAD was sent on for production of card.

11-09-2010 - Email and Text that notice regarding EAD was sent (EAD card, hopefully?)

11-30-2010 - AOS Interview Date

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

It's a 50/50 chance. Does it say "vaccinations incomplete"? My husband went to a CS and did the full exam just so we would not face any RFE's down the road. He needed additional vaccinations anyway.

01/2006 - Filed k1(1st time)

04/2006 - Interview (1st time) denied

Waited, waited...... no review

06/2009 - Filed k1 (2nd time)

09/2009 - NOA 2 approved

12/2009 - Interview (2nd time) APPROVED! VISA ISSUED

02/2010 - Arrived USA

04/2010 - Married

AOS Timeline

4/19/2010-Sent to Chicago Lockbox

4/26/2010-Received texts and emails 7th day

4/30/2010-Received NOA's(Hardcopies) 11th day

5/3/2010-Received ASC appointment notice(mailed 4/29/2010)14th day

5/7/2010-Walk-in Biometrics done(2 weeks earlier)18th day

5/13/2010-Case transferred to CSC

6/2/2010- Case received/resumed at CSC

6/18,6/22,6/23 AOS touches

6/28/2010- EAD production and touch on AP

6/29/2010-AOS APPROVED

7/2/2010- 2nd update on EAD production and touched on AP....

7/6/2010- Received "Welcome Letter" and AP document

7/12/2010-Received GREEN CARD and EAD

greencard.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

So far we have contacted a few doctors in our area and they refuse to transfer the data from my husbands DS-3025 to the I-693 even though he had his medical check in Australia only four months ago. They state that they require him to have them do the physical all over again before they'll fill out the I-693. We don't have the money to pay for a whole new physical for him and still get the AOS in soon.

Has anyone just submitted the DS-3025 instead of getting it switched to an I-693? And could I just add a note that the surgeons in the area refused to fill out the I-693 per procedure without having him go through another physical.

Yes. Astrid did. But her form was ticked "complete".

if your form is ticked incomplete then the likelihood of needing the I-693 is increased... though I do believe had i just sent mine because it WAS complete (stupid panel physician ticked the wrong box!) I would have saved the $50 fee for the I-693.

You have a few options:

1. Wait till you can afford a new medical and then send AOS off

2. Find a CS who knows what they're doing and travel to them, no matter how far away

3. Try and convince the CS's in your area (by showing them the form instructions) that he doesn't need a full medical

4. Send the AOS with the DS-3025 only, and if you do get an RFE, hopefully you'll have saved the money to get it, otherwise you saved some money if they don't request it. This will pause the AP and EAD as well.

Personally if money is an issue right now, and you don't mind getting an RFE (really not that scary except if you don't have the money to get the I-693 before they deadline they give you) then I'd do Number 4. If money is enough of an issue where it'll be a while before you can pay for the medical, consider borrowing from family/friends, or wait till you've saved more money, essentially the same as doing 4 and getting an RFE except you'll have the NOA1's to prove you filed if you do 4...

I had to convince my CS by showing her all the paperwork that a medical wasn't needed (it says it RIGHT there in the instructions) AND on the CS FAQ's... but I won in the end.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

It's a 50/50 chance. Does it say "vaccinations incomplete"? My husband went to a CS and did the full exam just so we would not face any RFE's down the road. He needed additional vaccinations anyway.

in this case I would have done the I-693 anyway (like you did) because he really WAS incomplete with vaccinations. Some people, like me, actually have completed their vaccinations but their stupid panel physicians ticked "incomplete" because some weren't given due to age restrictions etc.

So Bacon, if you think his shots ARE complete, but the form says they're not, I'd risk the RFE and just save save save because you won't get the RFE for at least 2 weeks (hopefully... that's how long the NOA1's take..), then it should give you about a month (maybe more) to return the I-693 giving you time to save. If you don't get an RFE great and you saved some money :D

CS Thread-Georgia

This posting lists a CS who does transcripions in Georgia (where I am guessing you are from based on your local office). I don't know how close they are but its worth a shot.

Edited by amykathleen2005

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

if your form is ticked incomplete then the likelihood of needing the I-693 is increased... though I do believe had i just sent mine because it WAS complete (stupid panel physician ticked the wrong box!) I would have saved the $50 fee for the I-693.

I don't think the Panel Physician ticked the wrong box according to the Vaccination Requirements for U.S. Immigration: Technical Instructions for Panel Physicians, page 8.

---------------

Completing "Part 2. Results."

After reviewing entries in "Part 1. Immunization Record" for all the vaccines, the appropriate box under "Part 2. Results" must be checked.

• Vaccination history incomplete: Applicant may be eligible for blanket waiver(s).

Completion of a vaccine series is
not
required to conclude the medical examination, because such a requirement would require multiple visits to a panel physician and could lead to unnecessary delay in the immigration process. If any of the boxes under the "Not Medically Appropriate" heading was checked, the "Applicant may be eligible for blanket waiver(s) because vaccination(s) not medically appropriate (as indicated above)" box must also be checked.
This box will probably always be checked because some vaccines may not be age appropriate for the applicant.

• Vaccine history is complete for each vaccine.
    If the applicant has met the vaccination requirements, i.e., completed the series for all required vaccines, the "Vaccine history complete for each vaccine, all requirements met" box must -be checked.

-----------------------------

To me that says if there are some age not appropriate ones (which is true for adults) then the "Vaccination history incomplete: Applicant may be eligible for blanket waiver(s)" box would be ticked. And the completed box would be if all vaccines in the list, as well as every shot if it's a series were done.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.