Chilenitaaa

Mailing format of I-129F package

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hey everyone,

I know this might be a trivial concern, but I'm a fan of binders and sheet protectors, and I was wondering

if I could send my I-129F package in this format? It's a black binder, and it would allow for a very

organized presentation of the documents.

Anyhow, no big deal if it can't be done, but I was wondering if anyone else had used this format.

Thank you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Chile
Timeline

Hey everyone,

I know this might be a trivial concern, but I'm a fan of binders and sheet protectors, and I was wondering

if I could send my I-129F package in this format? It's a black binder, and it would allow for a very

organized presentation of the documents.

Anyhow, no big deal if it can't be done, but I was wondering if anyone else had used this format.

Thank you!

Check this out :)http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=ff053d146a7ee010VgnVCM1000000ecd190aRCRD&vgnextchannel=fe529c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

God bless

Patty ♥

xQPW.jpg

For with God nothing will be impossible

Luke 1:37

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I am the same way and I was advice not to do any binders or anything. I wish I took a picture of my packet ( I was very proud lol) What I did was get all the documents together and then at the top, hole punch two holes enough apart to place Acco Fasteners. And then places a sheet of paper stating what documents followed for clear indication of where everything was. Might have been overboard but I wanted it to be organized and it worked well.... we were approved with no issues. Your choice but this worked well and we had a lot of papers that I included ( I did not want an RFE:P) Good Luck!

Edited by Larysa

"When love is not madness, it is not love" -Pedro Calderon de la Barca

Lucky in Love <3

K-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

I-129F Sent : April 28th 2010

I-129F Received : April 30th 2010

Check cashed and in Initial Review : May 3rd 2010

I-129F NOA1 Hard Copy : May 4th 2010

Touched: May 5th 2010

I-129F RFE(s) : None!

I-129F NOA2 : July 19th 2010

NVC Received : July 23rd 2010

NVC Left : July 26th 2010

Consulate Received : July 29th 2010

Packet 3 Received : July 30th 2010

Packet 3 Sent : August 18th,2010

Medical Exam : August 17th 2010

Packet 4 Received :August 25th 2010

Interview Date : September 21st 2010

Interview Result : APPROVED! ( at 5 months exactly)

Visa Received : October 4th 2010

US Entry : October 18th 2010

Marriage : November 20th 2010

Filed AOS and EAD: December 8th 2010

NOA date for AOS and EAD: December 15th 2010

Biometrics Appointment: January 14th 2010

EAD Approved:February 12 20111

EAD Card Received: February 22 2011

Adjustment of Status Approved: February 17th 2011

Green Card Received: February 24th 2011

Simon Got A Job!!: March 2011

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I send my K-1 Package the way you are telling, in a binder, all inside sheet protectors with tabs. Got no problem, petition package approved without delay or RFE ;):star: Good luck!

Uniting for Ukraine

1-134 submitted - 4/25/2022

I-134 approved - 4/29/2022

Email received by beneficiary - 5/4/2022

Beneficiary submits data to USCBP - 5/4/2022

Received information about travel authorization from USCBP - 5/6/2022 (Approval but no Travel Authorization Document)

Travel Authorization Document- 5/16/2022

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Oh, that's great Patty. Thank you! We've completed our forms for the I-129F Petition and we're gathering evidence... but we didn't know how to assemble the package. Your post was a sign from God. :P

27 NOV 2019 - I-129F mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox

02 DEC 2019 - NOA1

23 MAR 2020 - NOA2

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Wow great guide! I never saw that link before sending our application! :) Probably they had lot of work with our application :hehe:

Edited by Islapaz

Uniting for Ukraine

1-134 submitted - 4/25/2022

I-134 approved - 4/29/2022

Email received by beneficiary - 5/4/2022

Beneficiary submits data to USCBP - 5/4/2022

Received information about travel authorization from USCBP - 5/6/2022 (Approval but no Travel Authorization Document)

Travel Authorization Document- 5/16/2022

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Chile
Timeline

Wow great guide! I never saw that link before sending our application! :) Probably they had lot of work with our application :hehe:

Hey guys here's another really good info that helped us a lot with all the assembling stuff. Its a lot of reading so get comfortable :rofl:

Hi. I am passing forward how we did ours. I hope this helps you as well as it did to us. This is a very detailed instruction on how you do the whole package.

How to make the I-129 F petition folder to send to Immigration:

This is what I had: the US Citizen will be the one doing all the work at this stage. All the foreigner has to do is sign 4 sheets of paper and submit passport pix to the US Citizen, so that the US citizen can start putting the application together.

First, I bought a manila folder, the kind that opens up, like this http://en.wikipedia....iki/File_folder.

On the cover of the folder I glued a sheet of paper that said, “ I-129F petition” . And I put our names on it.

Ok, now the inside of the folder:

First I put 2 holes at the top and I two hole punched everything, all the papers.

I fastened everything with the ACCO fasteners—

http://www.instaoffi...992-ctn.0.7.htm

Then I had dividers, the kind you put in a Binder with the colored tabs, they are three hole punched on the sides, but I 2 hole punched the top.. these kind of dividers: http://www.jiffysupp...Dividers/Detail

With these dividers they come with the sheet of paper that allows me to write in what the topic is on the tab.

Ok, so now for assembling—everything I am saying applies to the US Citizen—

A. The first thing you will put in the folder will be the I 129 Cover letter. This letter will look like the following (look below for example - edit it based on your needs. And make sure you put the right USCIS address on it—vermont, Ca, or somewhere else):

US Citizen name,address, number

United States Department of Homeland Security

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

Accurate address

Date

Nature of the submission: I-129F ORIGINAL SUBMISSION

To whom it may concern:

Enclosed please find my form I-129F, Petition for K-1 Fiance(e) Visa for (put your fiance(e) name here), and supporting documents.

Contents Include:

-Payment in the amount of $XX – whatever the current amount is—look here--it was 455, but it always increases:

http://www.uscis.gov...00045f3d6a1RCRD

-I-129F Petition

-I-129F Supplement: Part B, Question 18, Explanation of meeting in person

-G-325A and Passport Style photograph (petitioner)

-G-325A and Passport Style Photograph (Beneficiary)

Letter Certifying intent to marry (Petitioner and Beneficiary)

Petitioners Birth Certificate

Petitioners Passport –(copies of passport and all the entry /leave stamps that sghow you visited your persons country)

-Letter Certifying intent to marry (Petitioner and Beneficiary)

-Proof of having met in person in the past two years (state the proof you are including)

Copies of documents submitted are exact photocopies of unaltered documents and I understand that I may be required to submit original documents to an immigration or consular officer at a later date.

Sincerely,

your name, sign it

---------------------

Ok, so lets talk about the contents of the package:

1. The petition –the I-129F petition- you the US Citizen will sign that petition.

2. i-129 F supplement: this is just a brief detail of how you met your honey.thats all—just type it up on a sheet of paper because that box they give you in the petition is too small. Sign it and date it.

3. the G 325 A- the US Citizen will fill out 4 copies of it and sign each copy. The immigrant also needs to sign four copies of it and sign it. You will see how each copy says something different in the left bottom corner, like consulate, etc. Make sure you, the US Citizen send immigration the copies with the ORIGINAL signatures. So if you need to send the immigrant the forms to sign and then have that person send them back to you in the mail, that is what you will have to do.

Make sure you fill out these forms accurate and accordingly. Look here for

examples of how to fill out the form right.

This website is GOLD!!! Look at it because it gives you EXACT examples of what you will need: Look at how they filled out the I-129F petition and the G-325A.

http://www.visajourn...p;page=examples

4. You and your honeys passport pictures. Write your name in pencil on the back of your passport picture and on the back of the foreigners picture, write their name and “ No alien number” on the back of the foreigners pix cuz they probably dot have an alien number... When your foreigner goes to take his/her passport picture , make sure HE/She tells the photographer that it is for a US PASSPORT/Immigration, so that the photographer will give the foreigner the picture in the RIGHT size. It needs to be the right size. So when you have the picture, and you have written on the back, stick it in a clear Ziploc bag. Zip up the Ziploc bag. Print a sheet of paper that has your name on it. Put the picture in the bag. And staple the bag to the sheet of paper that has your name on it. Do it for both pictures.

Proof of relationship:

You , the US Citizen, can include: used phone cards, copies of envelopes you have been sent through the mail, some emails, some Skype calls, pictures, your plane itinerary when you went to the foreigners country, the boarding pass, the stamps in your passport are proof, receipts of things you may have purchased while in the foreign land, the stickers they stick on your suitcase that show the destination, copies of the money receipts you have sent to the foreigner- like money gram or western union, post office receipts that show you sent something to the foreign country.

On the back of the photos, make sure you write your names, date, and where you were in the photo.

ASSEMBLING

So you will have the manila folder and all your stuff will be 2-hole punched at the top. Don’t STAPLE ANYTHING – only staple the Ziploc bag with the picture to a white sheet of paper that has your names on it. So you will only use two-3 staples.

Ok, you have your manila folder:And all your papers, including the dividers that are 2 hole punched at the top

1. get your cover letter , the one that says what is in the folder, example above. Type this letter (US citizen) and date it and sign it. turn it over.

2. get the divider and write i-129F on the white tab that comes with it. Turn it over.

3. get your 1-129F petition form. Make sure it is signed and dated by the US citizen, Hole punch it and turn it over. Take your 1-129F supplement, sign and date it and turn it over

4. get the divider and write G325A. turn it over

5. get the US Citizen G-325 As. There should be 4 with the same exact data,all with the original signatures and all signed. All 2 hole punched at the top. Flip them over get the US Citizen photo. Write the name in pencil on the back. Stick it in a Ziploc bag. Staple the bag (make sure you don’t staple the actual picture) to a sheet of paper that has the US citizens name on it. Flip it over get the foreigners G-325 As. There should be 4 with the same exact data,all with the original signatures and all signed. All 2 hole punched at the top. Flip them over. Get the foreigners pic. Write the name in pencil on the back and write ,”no alien number”. Stick it in a Ziploc bag. Staple the bag (make sure you don’t staple the actual picture) to a sheet of paper that simply has the foreigners name on it. Flip it over

6. Get the divider and write : Letter of intent to Marry on the tab

7. Print out the letter of intent to marry which should have original signatures by both of you. This is simply a three sentence letter stating that you and the other person plan on getting married within 90 days of receiving the K1 visa. The Us citizen can type the letter and email it foreigner. Foreigner prints it, signs it, and sends it through the mail to U S citizen. Then Us citizen gets that letter and signs his/her signature too—this way two signatures will be on the same page. Hole punch this letter and flip it over.

8. Divider – write birth certificate or passport . Flip it over on top of everything else that is flipped over.

9. Us Citizens birth certificate. If you don’t have it, you can submit a copy of the pages of your passport (copies- do NOT send the original of these document). On the copies of your passport pages, highlight the stamps which show when you visited the country of your foreign fiancé. Hole punch the copies and flip them over.

10. get divider tab and write : Proof

11. Now, put a sample of your phone cards on a photocopy machine and photocopy the front and back, if you have any. Hole punch, flip over.

B. Print phone records of the times you have called your foreigner or/anf when the foreigner called/texted the US American. Hole punch,flip over

C. Us citizen should photocopy plane itineraries, boarding passes, luggage tags. Hole punch the photocopy and flip over.

D. US Citizen should photocopy envelopes he/she has received from foreigner. Hole punch and flip over.

E. US citizen should photocopy money receipts he/she has sent. Hole punch and flip over.

F. US citizen should photocopy some emails that have been sent to each other. Hole punch and flip over.

G. US Citizen should photocopy receipts from post office showing he/she sent packages/letters to the foreigner.

H. US Citizen should submit pictures of the couple together – at least 2. Make sure you write your names and locations on the back of the pictures..Put these pictures in an envelope or a strong Ziploc bag.Seal the bag and punch two holes in the bag so you can fasten it. Flip it over.

That’s it. Now flip everything over and put it on the fasteners – the two pronged fasteners. Get a paperclip and attach your check/money order to the cover sheet in the folder. Everything is in order – make sure your pictures are not backwards. Make sure the check is the right amount.

Now, make two copies of this file—the petitioner and the beneficiary will need EXACT copies of the file. So now you, the US Citizen, will have 3 files which are IDENTICAL. Us citizen keeps one for themselves, foreigner will eventually get the other copy when the US citizen gives it to him/her, and the copy with the live check will go to USCIS.

Send it off in a waterproof enevlope--staples has them. Send it through the post offuice and get some type of signature confirmation so that you know for sure that it was received.

Send it off and wait.

Edited by Patty♥Paul

xQPW.jpg

For with God nothing will be impossible

Luke 1:37

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.