y2catalyst

USA is now Arizona

84 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Okay I have a question in regards to what is actually sent to Guangzhou. Do they actually receive all of the evidence you send in when you initially file your paperwork with USCIS to start with whether it's a K-1, K-3 or IR1? Or do they just get the I-130 form? I have been told before after they gave my wife a white slip June 2009 that the decision is made before the interview ever happens. Sorry if this seems like stupid questions but it's not to me.

Bob S.

Timeline

Hey Bob - It's my understanding that anything submitted with initial I-130 submittal snakes it way, in toto, from USCIS to NVC to GUZ IV, as whatever else you filed, with initial submittal, becomes part of the casefile, automatically.

So, with concept of front-loading on initial submittal - anything you put in with the I-130, is in the casefile at GUZ IV prior to interview day, and YES - the Visa Officers DO REVIEW everything in the file, prior to interview day.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Hey Bob - It's my understanding that anything submitted with initial I-130 submittal snakes it way, in toto, from USCIS to NVC to GUZ IV, as whatever else you filed, with initial submittal, becomes part of the casefile, automatically.

So, with concept of front-loading on initial submittal - anything you put in with the I-130, is in the casefile at GUZ IV prior to interview day, and YES - the Visa Officers DO REVIEW everything in the file, prior to interview day.

Thanks for the quick response Darnell. I really feel for this guy because I have been thru the same ####### with GZ once before.

I met my wife in Shenzhen, China. She is American and was teaching English there, I was at a trade convention, she is reading this post with me at the moment. To cut a long story short she knew an American woman who tried to marry a Chinese man in China. The embassy in Guangzhou gave my wifes friend quite a few problems and they weren't even trying to immigrate to the United States. The woman needed a paper from the embassy saying she is single before the Chinese authorities would allow them to get married. To cut a long story short it took like 6 months of trip after trip to the embassy in Guangzhou before they would give her the paper that the Chinese authorities were requesting. I think they are basically sh*theads to everyone trying to marry a Chinese citizen.

I-751 Timeline

ROC sent 6-12-2010

Package received by CSC 6-14-2010

NOA sent 6-14-2010

Check Cashed 6-16-2010

NOA received 6-21-2010

Biometrics letter received 7-6-2010 dated 7-01-2010

Biometrics appointment 7-23-2010

Touched 7-23-2010

Touched 7-26-2010

Interview letter recieved 10-13-2010

Interview date 11-5-2010

Approved and approval letter given at interview 11-5-2010

Waiting on card now

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

You may only file the I-129f petition if both of you are free and able to marry.

If your divorce was just finalized, then at the time of filing you were clearly not free to marry.

That is enough reason to deny the K-1.

Geez that's too easy of an explanation..... I like the whole racist oppression conspiracy better.

OP, for someone that hates this country so much, sounds like you've mastered the whole Free Market system that you despise so much w/ all the money you make.

You can be frustrated, and understandably so, you want to be with your loved one, everyone here can appreciate that.

But the whole "I'm going to move to China to get my way because I'm oppressed...blah blah" is a bit sophomoric and silly.

Fact is, sounds like you didn't read the rules, and quite frankly it's no one's fault but your own if your divorce wasn't finalized, the instructions are pretty clear on that and even the USCIS call center goons know that.

Hope you don't mind giving up things like human rights, etc. I hear China still has a ways to go with that.

K-1,VSC, Moscow Consulate

I-129F sent:2009-06-04

NOA1: 2009-06-09

NOA2: 2009-09-16

NVC Received: 2009-09-17

NVC Left: 2009-09-22

Consulate Received: 2009-09-25

Medical: IOM, Moscow, 2009-12-07

Interview: 2009-12-08

Visa Received: 2009-12-14

Arrival to USA: 2010-01-15

Marriage: 2010-03-27

AOS, EAD, AP

CIS Office: Charleston, SC

Filed AOS Package: 2010-05-26

NOA: 2010-06-04

Bio Appt: 2010-07-09

AOS Transfer to CSC: 2010-06-30

EAD Card Production Order: 2010-08-04

AP Received: 2010-08-09

ROC

I-751 sent: 2012-7-11

NOA-1: 2012-8-1

Bio-Appointment: 2012-9-19

Timeline

Fact is, sounds like you didn't read the rules, and quite frankly it's no one's fault but your own if your divorce wasn't finalized, the instructions are pretty clear on that and even the USCIS call center goons know that.

Geez - he explained it was a typo - divorce finalized in 2009, not 2010. Please read all, yes?

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Un Freaking believable, All our paperwork was perfect to my knowledge. Zheng had so much support at Guangzhou from other Visa goers and they help to verify again our paper work and evidence. The interviewer asked my Fiancee 2 questions which she answered them perfect. She speaks very good English and she tried to present my EOR letter at the interview and other sufficient evidence but they did not want to accept anything and gave her a white slip. I am very successful and have made so much freaking money in this country and paid so much taxes in this country and this makes me furious that they would treat me like sh#$%, and they treat her like sh#$%, then it is as if my country who I can’t imagine how much I have paid in taxes would not accept any of our evidence. Like most of you we have spent over a year in our relationship committed and in love and it comes down to this B.S. #######. What Freaking proof do they need with a white slip,, , no offense, I am American Indian and I did everything next to NOT being WHITE, so #######, is this why I have a WHITE SLIP, USA is still in the Freaking south, it's now USA called Arizona, can't give an American Indian a break who loves a Chinese Woman.

Wow what a temper. I understand your frusteration but for you to say these things are wrong. Its been too long, stop blaming the white man for all your troubles. your best bet would be to calm down and look over your paperwork. See if a congressman can help by writing a letter for you. You see this is why I love the US, because it don't matter how much money you make.

Timeline

Many of us got denied on our K1, mine 29 Dec, 09. First going into this Visa process, April 08, I did not understand what is "really" required to get a Visa. The government instructions and information only tells you the basics of what you need, and need to do. One must do alot of homework, preparation, timing, and you still may not be sucessful if not lucky to get a fair Visa Officer. It is 100 degrees in Chongqing today, and the rest of the week, so I will wait for awhile before my next trip, #3..........Good Luck,,,,Bob,,,

April 2008 Met online ..................... March 2010.. 3 week visit......... 19 Nov...Sent DS230 & I-864

April 2009 Met in Chongqing .......... 09 March 2010 .. Marry.................17Dec...NVC lost 230 and 864

04 May 09 Apply K1 .................... 10 April .. Apply CR1....................20Dec..NVC found 230

18 May 09 NOA 1......................... 20 April... NOA1...........................28Dec..sent more 864 docs

16 Sep 09 NOA 2......................... 06 Oct..... NOA2...........................2011

08 Nov 09 P3................................... 21 Oct..... Have Case #..............21 Jan...SIF

06 Dec 09 P4............................... 30 OCt..... Have DS-3032...............26 Jan .. CC

29 Dec 09. Interview..................... 1 Nov..... email Ds-3032...............1 Apr, 3 week visit

29 Dec,,,,No Visa.......................... 1 Nov......paid AOS.......................4 May Interview.Approved..

9 Aug 2010 I-129F ended.............. 5 Nov......paid IV.........,,,,,,,,,,, ..... 28 June, Received Visa

............................................................................................................22 July, arrive USA..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

FIRST, everyone on this site is totally free to bash this poster if they choose, but SOME slack should be cut. Did he say some stupid, unqualified things...yes; however, I am sure that given the kick to the jewels he has just experienced they were purely uncontrolled emotion. The point of our forum is to guide and keep on point. If everyone who reads through this thread just piles one more negative, unhelpful comment onto this poor guy then there will be no real value added and the thread should just be closed. Forgive his transgressions and keep on point, please.

Now to the issue....

I suspect that a lack of front loading combined with only one visit is the primary reason for the white slip. It seems GUZ has a track record of dinging people with only one visit unless you are also at the interview. This one visit might also have not allowed for enough pictorial documentation with family that GUZ also likes to see these days. The VO does review the file and is able to draw and instinct decision about the couple. That is why many times we see "pinks" handed out with only a couple of pedestrian questions, the VO has already seen enough from the initial filing to know the bona-fida is met. The converse is also true, a scant file gives immediate suspicion. The embassy is not charged with handing out visas, rather they are gatekeepers and will bounce anything that isn't rock solid (this is my personal view based on over a year of following MANY members through GUZ). Without seeing the OP's full petition there is no way to know what could have given the VO suspicion but something raised an eyebrow.

Nov 6, 2009: "I had breakfast in Korea, lunch in Shanghai, and dinner in Chongqing...now I just need to find a squat toilet..."

K1 completion: 03-10-2010, PINK!!!(well..it's orangish)
POE: Chicago/ORD 05-21-2010
Married: 05-26-2010
AOS completion: 10-28-2010
ROC completion: 05-16-2013

Naturalized: 11-21-2014

Timeline

To Darnell,

This is one of the 'up-dates' I wanted to discuss in my PM to you. Since this specific topic came up here. I will talk about it here. However, I think the word needs to get out so I think it may be more appropriate in another thread. Or, if I may say very humbly, perhaps you may consider to add it (at least in a foot-note) in your NVC guide. I think in your case you were as studious and ####### as I have been in our case :D I know you will understand me completely when I say we have called NVC enough times that you have a sense from the conversation whether you're talking with an operator or supervisor who truly competent, knows their job and the ins and outs of the process or whether you're talking with someone who really doesn't give a damn and is just going through the motions and quickly giving generic answers. Additionally you can sometimes tell the agent's proficiency by how matter-of-fact and detailed the forthcoming answer is. or whether you hear them clicking away on their computer trying to find an answer. (You know what I'm talking about Darnell!!!!). Anyway, I would like to contribute to the awesome work you have done here and would like to provide an update regarding this topic.

To Everyone:

Since I'm in a legitimate process for my wife, I have used the opportunity to call NVC multiple times... not only for our case... but also to do random questioning to collect information to provide here. The specific question of 'front loading' at USCIS and whether ALL of it gets sent to NVC, was a specific topic I really concentrated on a lot. Regarding this, I made multiple calls on it and took a detailed survey of answers. I will add that most of my questions about this was directly to supervisors and I was also fortunate to get a few who really knew their stuff even specifically about China and the recent infancy of the electronic process.

Here are the results of my investigation:

NVC DOES NOT always or necessarily get everything that you may have front loaded at USCIS. Many times, they get as little as only the I-130 / G325A (x2) / Proof of US Citizenship docs / Proof of Marriageability.

The majority consensus of NVC supervisors is that they often don't get all the proof of bona fide marriage stuff that was submitted to USCIS. This seems to be a random thing and I believe easily comes down to one simple thing... it depends on the person who happens to prepare the file to be sent to NVC. Some include all / many don't include more than the bare minimum required to send to NVC.

HOWEVER!!!!!!!!! The good news is (and I did confirm multiple times):

You CAN 'front load' again to NVC -AND- NVC DOES accept and forward to the consulate ALL things sent to them by the petitioner and beneficiary. As you know, NVC is ####### in every document (and on the DOS site)... NOT to send anything before being asked to do so. (They 'say' this all over the place). SO, equally, I did a random survey with various supervisors to get input on WHEN in the NVC process would be the appropriate time to send additional supporting documents and proofs of bona fide marriage / relationship. The overwhelming consensus to that question was as follows:

• 1)

When sending the beneficiary's / applicant's DS-230 is the best and most appropriate time to send in (or email... if your in the electronic process) any additional documents. This is the best timing to use to ensure ALL things will be forwarded to the consulate when the case is closed.

BUT, if you missed that chance it's not too late:

• 2)

NVC will continue to accept material / emails even after the case has been forwarded to the Consulate and they will forward it. However, I would strongly suggest this only be done by people in the electronic processing simply because of timing issues (i.e. if you thought of something you want to send or add, it can be done instantly with email. -versus- Sending it by post... who knows when it will reach the Consulate).

For those processing through the GUZ / GZO (Guangzhou) Consulate:

• 3)

Another option (if your case has already been sent to the Consulate) is to send your things directly to the consulate. The correct email address to send your things for the best possible chance for it to reach the VO is:

NVCguangzhou@state.gov

BE AWARE of two important things:

1) Sending the additional front loading material with the DS-230 means there is that much more to review by NVC = may or probably will take longer to complete the review = may take longer for you to get the next communication. In my opinion, even if it takes a little longer for the review to be completed, it's still totally worth it. As is described in many posts, it all comes down to the VO that you have. So, rather than running into one that won't accept looking at anything (supporting evidence), I think it's much wiser to take every opportunity to get things into the consulate's hands BEFORE the interview.

2) If you forgot to send something after the case has been forwarded to the consulate by NVC -or- you remembered something pertinent that you want to add. Try to send it as soon as possible soon after NVC has closed the case and forwarded it. BECAUSE, although NVC will still forward things to the consulate. They CAN'T guarantee it will reach the VO prior to the interview date. So, if you forgot something... send it immediately!!

Hope this information will enlighten and benefit everyone and help shed some more specific light on this topic. I think it's an extremely important one.

Best of Luck and Blessings,

~Bleauwolf

Timeline

Bluewolf - this is a major revelation - and I think needs it's own topic in the CR-1/IR-1 forum. plus a new wiki topic. asap. xie xie ! Will PM later.. You've done some stellar research, but we shouldn't hijaak this topic, too much, aye?

Edited by Darnell

Timeline

Bluewolf - this is a major revelation - and I think needs it's own topic in the CR-1/IR-1 forum. plus a new wiki topic. asap. xie xie ! Will PM later.. You've done some stellar research, but we shouldn't hijaak this topic, too much, aye?

Yeah I agree. Which why I mentioned it would probably be more appropriate elsewhere. But, I need your help. 'Cause I don't know how to make those changes you mentioned!!!! xiexieni wo de peng you!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

y2catalyst -- Think about how long you spent on waiting and processing this stuff. The one poster is right -- immigration is not a right and another is right when you say you can overcome. Waiting a little longer will be worth it if you can focus. Don't waste energy on the blame game of events occuring at the interview or events in centeruies past. You need resolution on what the denial was for:

a. Chinese National doing interview? We are required to hire so many nationals when we have an embassy in foreign countries? I know normally on military bases over seas there is that requirement. If so, Chineese sentiments towards the US are not always good--could be the issue (which is reportable and fixable).

b. Maybe something was discovered in her background (previous marriage not dissolved--criminal record) could be something (lets pray not). If, god forbid there was, then the process saved you time, money, and future potential problems if this is the case.

c. Don't assume anything--there is a way to find out and report any abuses of the system by the interviewing official.

Best wishes and refocus your energy to taking positive steps towards getting the woman you love here with you--don't waste too much energy on unknowns.

I agree...yep, I was also thinking about the letter B....since you were saying that you have all the proof and evidences they needed prior to her interview,,then this time, during the interview, it's her time to do her best..did she really told you what happened during her interview and the reason given by the Consulate officer??..yes, better talk about it...sorry to ask, but we really don't know what caused your visa denied....On my country's portal here in VJ, there was one there who got their visa denied due to a previous petition filed by another USC before that was not cancelled(although the new petitioner was aware of it, we really felt sorry for them coz their visa was denied..but they are doing all they can do now to fix it..)...anyways, just have faith and be a warrior(my fiance told me that an American Indian will always be a warrior and must fight like a warrior....hehe..)...God bless..we sympathize on your case..God is always good to provide...have a good day!! :D:D:thumbs:

* K1 Journey

2009-12-09 -met online

2009-23-09 -became a couple(was so happy:)

2010-21-03 -visited Philippines(spent wonderful times together)

2010=27-03 -engaged(Yes!!)

2010-09-04 -went back to US :(

2010-29-04 -Filed I-29F

2010-04-05 -Received NOA1

2010-12-07 -NOA2 approved

2010-18-07 -Received NOA2 hardcopy

2010-26-07 -US Embassy(Manila) received our petition!!..(yahoo!!)

2010-04-08 -HAPPY BDAY MATT!!

2010-18-08 -Medical Exam-PASSED!!..God is so good!!

2010-26-08 -Interview @ USEmbassy- APPROVED( Thank you Lord!)

2010-03-09 -Got my Visa in Hand!!..Yepey..Thank God!!..

2010-17-09 -POE:SFO,CA

2010-23-10 -Wedding @ Springfield, MO

* AOS Journey

2010-07-12 -Filed for AOS & EAD(USPS Express Mail)

2010-08-12 -USCIS received the package

2010-14-12 -Received text & email from USCIS that they accepted our AOS & EAD Application..HAPPY BDAY MARIA!!

2010-20-12 -Got our NOA1 letters in the mail for our I-485 & I-765...A wonderful Christmas gift for us!!

2011-19-01 -Received Biometrics schedule!!

2011-07-02 -Biometrics done!!..thanked God!!

2011-17-03 -AOS Interview..APPROVED!!

2011-24-03 -GREENCARD received!!..it's green indeed!!..lol..

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Thank you all for both your negative and positive comments. Either way some good will come of this thread and yes calmer minds prevail. Yes, I am calmer, I started this thread in the heat of the moment when I listen to the anguish of my Fiancée which I was never prepared to hear and thus my anguish.

Ok, thanks, I have read every comment and advice. Maybe this thread will help other’s in the future. I think I maybe I know where the issue is, she was refused a visitor visa in the past. I have already wrote my Congressman with a copy to Guangzhou Embassy and I am prepared do go the distance.

Who can I blame, no I cannot blame anyone and especially my race. Purely being emotional. I have struggled like many on this visa journey. I am sure many here started from little to getting where you are and what you have because you are a warrior. Yes, by nature I am a warrior and will I go for it, thank you.

After this post I think I know the specific issue which was likely her past visitor visa refusal in 2007 which I did not think would be an issue. I would be happy to share the detail of her circumstance for others to learn but I have already put myself out there so I want to go back in my personal shell (Teepee) and just fight for her like a warrior and I am sure we will be ok, just a little more time.

Sorry again to everyone here

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Geez that's too easy of an explanation..... I like the whole racist oppression conspiracy better.

OP, for someone that hates this country so much, sounds like you've mastered the whole Free Market system that you despise so much w/ all the money you make.

You can be frustrated, and understandably so, you want to be with your loved one, everyone here can appreciate that.

But the whole "I'm going to move to China to get my way because I'm oppressed...blah blah" is a bit sophomoric and silly.

Hope you don't mind giving up things like human rights, etc. I hear China still has a ways to go with that.

Wow what a temper. I understand your frusteration but for you to say these things are wrong. Its been too long, stop blaming the white man for all your troubles. your best bet would be to calm down and look over your paperwork. See if a congressman can help by writing a letter for you. You see this is why I love the US, because it don't matter how much money you make.

Come on, give the guy a break!

He has already appologised for the emotional outbreak and he explained the typo , divorced in 2009 and not 2010.

Please read the whole topic before posting!

April 2007 : Met
07/28/07 : Officialy dating
06/07/09 : Engaged
09/04/09 : Married

10/06/09 : I-130 Sent
10/15/09 : NOA1
01/11/10 : Expedite Request Sent Through Congressman
01/14/10 : NOA2

01/22/10 : Got NVC casenumber
03/16/10 : Case Complete

05/04/10 : Medical
05/11/10 : Interview - APPROVED!!
05/14/10 : Passport w/ Visa recieved

05/29/10 : POE JFK
06/25/10 : Apply for SSN
06/29/10 : Received Welcome Letter
07/01/10 : Recieved SSN (33 days after POE)
07/07/10 : Greencard production ordered
07/13/10 : Second Welcome Letter recieved
07/15/10 : Green Card recieved (47 days after POE)

04/02/12 : ROC NOA1
05/24/12 : ROC Biometrics
12/19/12 : ROC Approval
12/24/12 : New GC recieved

3/18/16 : N-400 Application sent
3/25/16 : Text/Email confirmation NOA
4/22/16 : Biometrics Appt

6/24/16 : NOA date for Interview

7/28/2016: Interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.