GC2010

no SS# AN interview coming up wtf plz help!!!

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

ok i guys an girls i think i have a problem here an need sum advice.. well today i got my interview letter saying i need to come to a interview 8/26.. an that i should bring wit me sum doc.. to prof that my married is bonafide.. so let me tell ya'll a lil about me.. i came here about 6years ago an a B2/B1 visa an i ending up over stay i been out of status almost 6 years now.. been wit my wife almost 3years now ,been married 1years an a couple of months now.. my problem is i dont have a SSN so my wife cant add me to nothing because they wont let her add me witout a SSN .. my EAD is approve from the 7/13 but i'm still waiting for card so i dont know when i'm gong to get my EAD in hand so that i can apply for my SSN an when i do apply for SSN i dont knw when imma get that in hand so my wife could start adding me to her asset ..so basically what i'm sayin i dont have anything to prove that my marrage is bona fide.. well the preson interviewing me an my wife understand that i cant be added to nothing because i dont have an SSN ? or i'm basically ######???

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm in the same basic situation (I was in the U.S. visiting my boyfriend, we got married after 6 months and we have now been married for 3 years. We don't have a lot of money, so it took us that long to save up).

Like you, I don't have an SSN yet, but we were able to get my name added to:

Electricity bill,

Garbage Collection bill,

Internet Bill,

Phone Bill.

When he renewed his credit card, he was also able to get a second one for me, in my name (still his account tho).

We also had the taxes for the past three years amended to Filing Jointly Married (our previous tax person had given us bad information and said that my husband had to file as Single because I didn't have an SSN and therefor could not be added. We spoke with H&R Block and learned that we can in fact file Married Jointly and use an ITIN for me, instead of SSN.)

To our package, we are also adding random receipts that feature both our names. For example, we had to take one of our dog to the vet a few times. One receipt is in my name and another is in his.

I have also seen people including membership cards to Costo and things like that.

We are also including affidavits from friends and 6 pictures (2 from the wedding and 4 from random every day life).

*** edit ***

There ARE companies that refuse or cannot add a second name. In those cases, we had them add me as a "contact person" or "authorized user" and had them mail us a letter stating so.

Edited by Kittyfang

Adjustment of Status

11/03/10 ------- AoS (I-130/I-485) Package mailed out (Priority Mail)

11/07/10 ------- AoS Package received and singed for

11/10/10 ------- NOA1 received for I-130, I-485 and I-765 (emails)

11/12/10 ------- NOA1 received for I-130, I-485 and I-765 (hard copies)

11/12/10 ------- Touches on I-130, I-485 and I-765

11/19/10 ------- Biometrics appointment letter received

12/06/10 ------- RFE for I-693 (I think the issue is that it was not signed. Called USCIS and will receive a letter in a few days explaining)

12/13/10 ------- Biometrics done

12/16/10 ------- EAD card in production (email)

12/20/10 ------- Received "Letter of Explanation" for RFE (Service Request to expedite my case. Called USCIS and was told to ignore that and just send in response to RFE.)

12/22/10 ------- Touch (Email for Post Decision Activity on EAD saying that a letter of approval has been mailed out)

12/24/10 ------- Received EAD in the mail

12/27/10 ------- Applied for SSN

12/31/10 ------- Received Interview letter

01/03/11 ------- Received SSN card in the mail

01/07/11 ------- Mailed out response to RFE (I-693)

01/15/11 ------- Email confirming USCIS received RFE response

01/31/11 ------- Approved!

Pre-Adjustment of Status:

2006 -------- Met Online

02/07 ------- Visited him in the U.S. for what was suppose to be a few weeks (Came in with birth certificate and health card. Health card expired a few months after)

08/07 ------- Decided to get married because we didn't want to be apart (in the U.S.)

10/10 ------- USCIS Medical Done

ok i guys an girls i think i have a problem here an need sum advice.. well today i got my interview letter saying i need to come to a interview 8/26.. an that i should bring wit me sum doc.. to prof that my married is bonafide.. so let me tell ya'll a lil about me.. i came here about 6years ago an a B2/B1 visa an i ending up over stay i been out of status almost 6 years now.. been wit my wife almost 3years now ,been married 1years an a couple of months now.. my problem is i dont have a SSN so my wife cant add me to nothing because they wont let her add me witout a SSN .. my EAD is approve from the 7/13 but i'm still waiting for card so i dont know when i'm gong to get my EAD in hand so that i can apply for my SSN an when i do apply for SSN i dont knw when imma get that in hand so my wife could start adding me to her asset ..so basically what i'm sayin i dont have anything to prove that my marrage is bona fide.. well the preson interviewing me an my wife understand that i cant be added to nothing because i dont have an SSN ? or i'm basically ######???

If she is only adding your name to the bill they can do it without SSN, I was able to add my husband even before we were married - I added him to the cable, telephone, light and gas, it became effective immediately. Im in NY so it might be different. If she can get it done and they make it effective immediately you can go online line if she has account set up and print out the statement. Good Luck!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

oh i for got to add that we stay with family so she don't have any bills in her name other from her credit card ect but when she try to add me to those they said she can't because i don't have a SSN

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

lack of SSN is not an issue , usually.

lack of 'other evidence' CAN BE A PROBLEM.

live with parents, you say ?

can get :

1. internet access account, through spouse, with both names on it

2. satellite tv account, through spouse, with both names on it

3. cell phone accounts, through spouse, with both names on it

Good Luck, however it goes, ah ?

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Don't worry, I came here on a B1-B2 and we couldn't add our name to ANYTHING, the only thing we had with both of our names in it was the lease for our apartment. We just told the interviewer that we couldn't add me to anything and he said it was ok. :D Just make sure you have other proof like photos and stuff.

Edited by squirrely

event.png

free_squirrel_and_acorn_avie_by_cremecake.gif

March 16, 2010- We got married!

AOS

May 04, 2010-Sent I-485 and I-765 on its way

May 08, 2010-Notices of arrival for applications

May 17, 2010- Received Biometrics appointment for June 3rd

June 03, 2010- Biometrics done! also both I-485 and I-765 touched

June 4, 2010- Touch

June 18, 2010- Received interview letter for July 23, 2010 (no touches)

June 23, 2010- Touch on EAD, but not on AOS #######

July 14, 2010- EAD Card production ordered

July 19, 2010-EAD Card production ordered again

July 20, 2010-EAD touch

July 23, 2010-Interview-APPROVED!

July 28, 2010-EAD card arrives in mail

July 30, 2010-Welcome letter in mail

August 5, 2010-Green Card in mail!

ROC

April 23, 2012- Window for ROC application opens

May 14, 2012- Sent packet via USPS with delivery confirmation

May 16, 2012- Packet arrives at Laguna Niguel

June 5, 2012-Check cashed

June 28, 2012-Biometrics done

August 28, 2012-Sent change of address form

December 20, 2012-Green card sent per USCIS

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I have heard of people living with their family having those family member write up an affidavit staying that they live with them, and/or pay rent and/or utilities.

Adjustment of Status

11/03/10 ------- AoS (I-130/I-485) Package mailed out (Priority Mail)

11/07/10 ------- AoS Package received and singed for

11/10/10 ------- NOA1 received for I-130, I-485 and I-765 (emails)

11/12/10 ------- NOA1 received for I-130, I-485 and I-765 (hard copies)

11/12/10 ------- Touches on I-130, I-485 and I-765

11/19/10 ------- Biometrics appointment letter received

12/06/10 ------- RFE for I-693 (I think the issue is that it was not signed. Called USCIS and will receive a letter in a few days explaining)

12/13/10 ------- Biometrics done

12/16/10 ------- EAD card in production (email)

12/20/10 ------- Received "Letter of Explanation" for RFE (Service Request to expedite my case. Called USCIS and was told to ignore that and just send in response to RFE.)

12/22/10 ------- Touch (Email for Post Decision Activity on EAD saying that a letter of approval has been mailed out)

12/24/10 ------- Received EAD in the mail

12/27/10 ------- Applied for SSN

12/31/10 ------- Received Interview letter

01/03/11 ------- Received SSN card in the mail

01/07/11 ------- Mailed out response to RFE (I-693)

01/15/11 ------- Email confirming USCIS received RFE response

01/31/11 ------- Approved!

Pre-Adjustment of Status:

2006 -------- Met Online

02/07 ------- Visited him in the U.S. for what was suppose to be a few weeks (Came in with birth certificate and health card. Health card expired a few months after)

08/07 ------- Decided to get married because we didn't want to be apart (in the U.S.)

10/10 ------- USCIS Medical Done

Filed: Other Timeline

If you worked these 6 years, you will need to pay income tax now. For that you don't need a SSN, but an ITIN, which you can apply for by printing out the form from an online source.

Remember Uncle Sam requires you to pay taxes like any other resident, and you have been a resident for 6 years now. This can more backfire than anything else. It's called tax evasion, which is a felony.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: Timeline

When my wife and I went for our marriage based AOS interview, the IO never even looked at anything. He just asked us some basic relationship question. Take as much evidence as possible and be able to explain why you may not have something. We did not have an SSN for my wife and we were approved. When we went to get her SSN, the guy said that he could not find her info in the DHS database. He made copies of our paperwork and said we should get a response in 30 days. We heard back 2 months later and he said he everything checked out, but that we could not get an SSn for my wife because her I-94 was too close to expiring. Try not to worry. As long as your relationship is based on love and IS genuine, then you have nothing to worry about. Good luck and God Bless!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.