Six-Twelve

Mixed Signals

19 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

On July 9th I decided to call USCIS CSC because we were over 70 days in the K-1 process. I talked with agent James who after verifying my identity asked what he could help me with. I told him that i wanted to check the status of our case because we should be getting close to receiving our NOA2 by now. He asked for my case number and then asked what was an NOA2. That should have given me a clue, he then quoted the forms official number "I-797" I that I've noticed that several applicants from various service centers including Vermont were receiving theirs fairly quickly, and most recently we've seen some approved in less than 30 days. To make a long story short, he offered to open the Vermont site to take a look at their processing times. within seconds later he said no i don see that they're moving any faster than the others.

A few things went though my mind, and he moved on to the next question....is there anything else i can help you with? Thinking this was the perfect opportunity to get some inside Intel on my case and if we're almost finished, I said yes, can you tell me if there are any problems with our case, and can we expect to be through this without any issues? James then said let's see, your case look good I don't see any problems, but it could take a few months, up to 5 months before it's approved. I GUESS TODAY WAS OUR DAY: at 09:47 this morning, I received both a text message and an e-mail from USCIS informing me of a RFE! #######!! :o The text was misleading at first it read " your case WA************is now updated. Check "My Case Status" at www.uscis.gov." so when I checked my portfolio in the account that we've setup, it indicated that I received an RFE. I'm thinking this has to be a mistake, Agent James told me that everything look good, immigrations wouldn't lie to me...would they? hmmm, but then I realized that, that was immigrations talk for shut up asking questions, and wait until you hear from us. Ok, so I read the text message and for lack of a better word, those messages don't provide any usable information.

So then I called my attorney to give them heads up, and they wanted to know what the message said, but because I since I didn't have my USCIS decoder ring, I couldn't tell them. My attorney said that they will send e-mail too, which should say more. Now I'm both anxious and scared that something is seriously wrong, but i also know that it could be something as simple as a incorrect date, misspelled name etc. Anyway I go to my e-mail, and sure enough there it is! e-mail from USCIS and now I'll see what flaming hoops they want me to jump through, but to my disappointment, it's the same identical message that was text to me earlier...now what? I have it! being the smart guy that I am, I'll simply call them and see what's up, after all Agent James and I had a good report on July 9th, and he seem like a sincere person, so after several minutes of chasing the USCIS phone carrot, I hit 0 and then 2 or 4 or whatever number got me to a live person.

After giving him my case number and telling him why I wanted to speak to a live person there, he quoted the same identical message that I read in both text & e-mail, and my response to that was OOkkk, so what is the reason for the RFE? the answer was, as he studdared to get his words out, I,I, ca, can't see what's on file for you (another red flag...is he lying?), you'll have to wait until you receive information in the mail that was sent out on July 20th. So now with any luck at all, I'll receive the letter tomorrow, and it will be something minute....hopefully. So I'll be updating my timeline with the infamous "RFE" badge of honor :lol:

Edited by Six-Twelve

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Ta Da !!!

Ready for it ? Ready ? Are ya Sure ?!?!?!??!

You won't know what the RFE is for, exactly, until you receive a POSTAL LETTER to yer mailing address.

Sorry, I wish was some other 'method of notification' for you. There isn't.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

OK, first off, the USCIS doesn't use the terms NOA1 and NOA2. That's simply an acronym that people going through the process have applied to the Notices of Action. It's not a sign of anything with James the Immigration Rep. They simply don't use those terms. It is an I-797 Notice of Action. We use NOA1 for receipt notice because that's the first Notice of Action you'll get, and NOA2 for the approval because that's generally the 2nd Notice of Action you'll get.

2nd, the Immigration Reps can't tell you what's in an RFE letter. They can't see your file in front of them. All they see is a transcript of what's been updated into their system. It will say an RFE was sent, but it won't tell what it's about. If you want to know what's in the RFE you'll have to wait until you get the letter. That's the standard procedure. It doesn't mean the people you're speaking to don't know what they're doing, it simply means they can't give you the information you're looking for because they don't have access to it.

I'm sorry you're going through this, and I wish you the best of luck with the rest of the process.

Edited by Dodi

Angela & Peter

usa.gift4527.gifuk.gif

K-1 Process (Condensed)

02/01/10: Took atty's bad advice and applied for B2 visa

02/16/10: B2 Visa Interview: DENIED - K1 Required

05/07/10: Atty sent I-129F Petition to Chicago Lockbox

05/31/10: Atty rec'd Petition back due to wrong location

06/01/10: I-129F pkg sent to VSC

06/11/10: NOA1 Rec'd/Touch

09/17/10: INTERVIEW = APPROVED

10/22/10: Marriage in the US

AOS Process

11/13/10: Mailed Packet to CHI Lockbox

11/18/10: NOA1 Rec'd via Text

11/20/10: Soc. Sec. fixed mistake/Processed SSN

11/23/10: Rec'd SSN

11/23/10: Touch

12/09/10: RFE - Supposedly didn't sign I-864 when I KNOW I did. (Copies to prove it.)

12/20/10: Biometrics Appt

12/20/10: RFE Response Rec'd/Processing Resumed

12/27/10: Transferred to CSC

12/29/10: Contacted Senator re: EAD Expedite Request

12/30/10: AOS Touch

12/30/10: EAD & AP Approved (Card Production Ordered)

01/05/11: AOS Touch (Rec'd @ CSC)

01/06/11: AOS Touch/EAD Mailed

01/08/11: EAD & AP Rec'd

01/10/11: AOS Touch

01/14/11: EAD Touch

01/26/11: AOS APPROVED!!

02/02/11: Green Card Received

Timeline

OK, first off, the USCIS doesn't use the terms NOA1 and NOA2. That's simply an acronym that people going through the process have applied to the Notices of Action. It's not a sign of anything with James the Immigration Rep. They simply don't use those terms. It is an I-797 Notice of Action. We use NOA1 for receipt notice because that's the first Notice of Action you'll get, and NOA2 for the approval because that's generally the 2nd Notice of Action you'll get.

2nd, the Immigration Reps can't tell you what's in an RFE letter. They can't see your file in front of them. All they see is a transcript of what's been updated into their system. It will say an RFE was sent, but it won't tell what it's about. If you want to know what's in the RFE you'll have to wait until you get the letter. That's the standard procedure. It doesn't mean the people you're speaking to don't know what they're doing, it simply means they can't give you the information you're looking for because they don't have access to it.

I'm sorry you're going through this, and I wish you the best of luck with the rest of the process.

Thanks, I'm well aware of this but it's just my way of venting without having my post blocked out :innocent: . It's just that they ask you what can they do to help you, and if they can answer any questions that you may have, but it seems that there is not much they can tell you. But on that note, is there anyone who has experienced the horrid "RFE" and have a little insight on what the procedure is once whatever corrects are made, where do they place you in line (if there is a line), and how much time is generally added to the entire process. If anyone has that info,it will be greatly appreciated. My finance' is on line with me now from Rio, and needles to say, she'd not very happy :no: . So I hope someone will interject with some positive information.

Thanks all!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Thanks, I'm well aware of this but it's just my way of venting without having my post blocked out :innocent: . It's just that they ask you what can they do to help you, and if they can answer any questions that you may have, but it seems that there is not much they can tell you. But on that note, is there anyone who has experienced the horrid "RFE" and have a little insight on what the procedure is once whatever corrects are made, where do they place you in line (if there is a line), and how much time is generally added to the entire process. If anyone has that info,it will be greatly appreciated. My finance' is on line with me now from Rio, and needles to say, she'd not very happy :no: . So I hope someone will interject with some positive information.

Thanks all!

In all likelihood, the adjudicator who sent the RFE still has your petition file, and it's just waiting for you to respond. When your response is received, they usually return to adjudicating your petition pretty quickly. You don't generally get shoved back in line again. Respond quickly and it shouldn't add more than a few weeks to your wait.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't think James said anything wrong, I think he was saying legitimately your case looks fine but maybe there was a signature or mistyped info somewhere. Doesn't mean something is 'WRONG' just that something needs fixing before it can be approved.

See profile for our K-1 Visa/AOS story from 2010-2011Apparently we love USCIS/NVC so much we left and are doing it again! This time giving IR-1 a whirl. Rock on immigrators.

07/09/2014 sent in IR-1 packet to Chicago Lockbox

07/16/2014 NOA1

07/17/2014 check cashed by USCIS

10/01/2014 found out we are expecting baby #2 June 2015!

12/15/2014 NOA2

12/30/2014 Case received by NVC

03/23/2015 Received Case and Inv # from NVC after many calls and bogus excuses.

03/24/2015 AOS payment accepted by NVC

04/09/2015 IV payment finally accepted by NVC after the set the wrong fee and took weeks to correct it.

*many more delays thanks to the agency processing my fingers prints to the RCMP and the post office losing our mail*

05/20/2015 Packet sent to NVC via UPS, eta May 28.

06/16/2015 Baby #2 due - homebirth in Scottsdale, AZ

I've been through a RFE, and all went nice and good once we sent the document that was missing.

This is what happens:

1. RFE e-mail, with no info, just saying that you'll receive a letter.

2. You receive the letter, it says what is missing for them to resume the case.

3. You send them what they want, with a copy of the RFE letter and a page identifying your case (check the guides for details on that)

4. They receive what they asked, and you receive and e-mail saying that they received it, and will continue to process your case.

This is what happened to me:

10/08/09 --- RFE on e-mail.

10/15/09 --- RFE hardcopy.

10/16/09 --- RFE answer sent.

10/18/09 --- USPS sent our package back, wrong postage, errr! :bonk:

10/19/09 --- RFE full of postage travelling to USCIS.

10/30/09 --- USCIS receives RFE response and "Touch".

11/01/09 --- "Touch".

11/02/09 --- "Touch", maybe a poke.

11/03/09 --- "Touch"

11/12/09 --- NOA2 on e-mail.

So:

- Your letters traveling time will depend on where you live! Vermont to Oklahoma and vice versa took that long, to you might take more or less, I know it is difficult, but try to be patient. I was crawling up the walls, was horrible :o

- To my despair... wrong postage, and the letter went all the way up to Vermont and back to Oklahoma, just so I had to send it back again. ("There and back again"!) :bonk: I laugh now that it is over, but I was sooooo upset.

- We always used standard USPS, because when we used the speedy one, it actually took longer since there was nobody there to sign it and pick it up. Maybe they changed that, or maybe we just got unlucky... just mentioning so you understand the times on my timeline better.

IN THE END, even though I did have an RFE, on my interview, I was the first of the 15 or so cases to go see the consul, he didn't ask for even one piece of hard evidence, just simple questions, and BANG, approved. I just say all this because I don't want you to feel bad just because of an RFE. It might be just something really simple like it was to me, and all will be good soon (F)

5oMDm5.png

For the detailed timeline, please click "Timeline" under my avatar and check the "comments".

ROC Journey:-

05.12.2012 -- Mailed I-751 packet

05.21.2012 -- Check Cashed

05.15.2012 -- NOA1

05.30.2012 -- Biometric notice issued

06.06.2012 -- Biometrics Date (walk-in). Was scheduled for 06/14

xx.xx.2012 -- Card Production Ordered.

xx.xx.2012 -- 10 Year Green Card Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I GUESS TODAY WAS OUR DAY: at 09:47 this morning, I received both a text message and an e-mail from USCIS informing me of a RFE! #######!! :o The text was misleading at first it read " your case WA************is now updated. Check "My Case Status" at www.uscis.gov." so when I checked my portfolio in the account that we've setup, it indicated that I received an RFE.

So then I called my attorney to give them heads up, and they wanted to know what the message said, but because I since I didn't have my USCIS decoder ring, I couldn't tell them.

:rofl:

We are TWINS we got one too on the same day!! Now waiting for the 'hard'copy so I cross the 'T', check the box, or whatever they want!!!

Wishing you all the luck hope we get thru this FAST!

OUR TIMELINE:

Met in June 2009 a silly little comment, that changed our lives forever...

I-129F sent: April 19, 2010

APPROVED October 27, 2010

MARRIED NOVEMBER 20, 2010!!!

AOS: Sent March 2nd

Recieved March 3rd

NOA1 March 8th!!! via txt

Timeline

:rofl:

We are TWINS we got one too on the same day!! Now waiting for the 'hard'copy so I cross the 'T', check the box, or whatever they want!!!

Wishing you all the luck hope we get thru this FAST!

Thanks for all the positive feed back from everyone, especially from my "Twin" :lol: Luckily, the USCIS CSC in within driving distance from me here in California, so I expect to receive the hard copy within the next day if not sooner. My fiancé' and I went over copies of our documents last night, and we've already found errors in the spelling of her parents names and incorrect addresses (thanks law firm :bonk: ), so we're hoping that those are the issues...we'll see!

Edited by Six-Twelve

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks for all the positive feed back from everyone, especially from my "Twin" :lol: Luckily, the USCIS CSC in within driving distance from me here in California, so I expect to receive the hard copy within the next day if not sooner. My fiancé' and I went over copies of our documents last night, and we've already found errors in the spelling of her parents names and incorrect addresses (thanks law firm :bonk: ), so we're hoping that those are the issues...we'll see!

LOL Nick and I did the same thing there one box I didn't mark maybe that is it! I have gathered more evidence of us meeting so that I can just send back WHATEVER they want! Jealous you live so close, here in Wisconsin I am sure I have a wait awhile to recieve the 'hard' copy!!! Ughhhh I just want it NOWWWW!!! :devil:

Wishing you Luck hope you get it today!! Keep me posted!! fingers crossed

OUR TIMELINE:

Met in June 2009 a silly little comment, that changed our lives forever...

I-129F sent: April 19, 2010

APPROVED October 27, 2010

MARRIED NOVEMBER 20, 2010!!!

AOS: Sent March 2nd

Recieved March 3rd

NOA1 March 8th!!! via txt

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

On July 9th I decided to call USCIS CSC because we were over 70 days in the K-1 process. I talked with agent James who after verifying my identity asked what he could help me with. I told him that i wanted to check the status of our case because we should be getting close to receiving our NOA2 by now. He asked for my case number and then asked what was an NOA2. That should have given me a clue, he then quoted the forms official number "I-797" I that I've noticed that several applicants from various service centers including Vermont were receiving theirs fairly quickly, and most recently we've seen some approved in less than 30 days. To make a long story short, he offered to open the Vermont site to take a look at their processing times. within seconds later he said no i don see that they're moving any faster than the others.

A few things went though my mind, and he moved on to the next question....is there anything else i can help you with? Thinking this was the perfect opportunity to get some inside Intel on my case and if we're almost finished, I said yes, can you tell me if there are any problems with our case, and can we expect to be through this without any issues? James then said let's see, your case look good I don't see any problems, but it could take a few months, up to 5 months before it's approved. I GUESS TODAY WAS OUR DAY: at 09:47 this morning, I received both a text message and an e-mail from USCIS informing me of a RFE! #######!! :o The text was misleading at first it read " your case WA************is now updated. Check "My Case Status" at www.uscis.gov." so when I checked my portfolio in the account that we've setup, it indicated that I received an RFE. I'm thinking this has to be a mistake, Agent James told me that everything look good, immigrations wouldn't lie to me...would they? hmmm, but then I realized that, that was immigrations talk for shut up asking questions, and wait until you hear from us. Ok, so I read the text message and for lack of a better word, those messages don't provide any usable information.

So then I called my attorney to give them heads up, and they wanted to know what the message said, but because I since I didn't have my USCIS decoder ring, I couldn't tell them. My attorney said that they will send e-mail too, which should say more. Now I'm both anxious and scared that something is seriously wrong, but i also know that it could be something as simple as a incorrect date, misspelled name etc. Anyway I go to my e-mail, and sure enough there it is! e-mail from USCIS and now I'll see what flaming hoops they want me to jump through, but to my disappointment, it's the same identical message that was text to me earlier...now what? I have it! being the smart guy that I am, I'll simply call them and see what's up, after all Agent James and I had a good report on July 9th, and he seem like a sincere person, so after several minutes of chasing the USCIS phone carrot, I hit 0 and then 2 or 4 or whatever number got me to a live person.

After giving him my case number and telling him why I wanted to speak to a live person there, he quoted the same identical message that I read in both text & e-mail, and my response to that was OOkkk, so what is the reason for the RFE? the answer was, as he studdared to get his words out, I,I, ca, can't see what's on file for you (another red flag...is he lying?), you'll have to wait until you receive information in the mail that was sent out on July 20th. So now with any luck at all, I'll receive the letter tomorrow, and it will be something minute....hopefully. So I'll be updating my timeline with the infamous "RFE" badge of honor :lol:

don't call the 1800 unless u need to do a SR because it seem like that the only thing they train them to do good there.. an plus they dont tell you nothing u don't know aready because all them do is to read what they see on the uscis website..

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

mispelling in her parent name wont be the reason for RFE bc how well uscis know the correct name to know that its mispelling.. its proble be some lil stuff like u miss a duc or sumthing

Timeline

mispelling in her parent name wont be the reason for RFE bc how well uscis know the correct name to know that its mispelling.. its proble be some lil stuff like u miss a duc or sumthing

Thanks guys for the info, my fiancé thinks the RFE will set us back about 3 months, but based on what I've read and a little bit of information from all of you, it seems that they will sort of pick up where they left off, minus a few weeks as a result to the RFE pending that the corrections were satisfactory....am I somewhere in the ball park with this? We're hoping that the hard-copy will arrive tomorrow (Friday) so we can get the ball rolling.

Thanks again.

Timeline

Thanks guys for the info, my fiancé thinks the RFE will set us back about 3 months, but based on what I've read and a little bit of information from all of you, it seems that they will sort of pick up where they left off, minus a few weeks as a result to the RFE pending that the corrections were satisfactory....am I somewhere in the ball park with this? We're hoping that the hard-copy will arrive tomorrow (Friday) so we can get the ball rolling.

Thanks again.

...by the way, regarding misspellings on documents, we found that her parents names were not written out completely on some documents, but was on the birth certificate, which lead us to suspect that this could be related

Timeline

Just received my RFE hard copy at 12:30 today. They're asking for a supplement to the old version of a form that was used, to explain the first K-1 that I file for over 2 years ago. I'm thinking that apparently my attorney used an out dated form or "waiver" last April when my current fiancé and I started this process. Anyway, I thought we had ample time to get this done, but USCIS is giving us only until August 19th to get it back to them. When my attorney mentioned that they can file for an extension if necessary, I flipped the I-797E over, and on the back it states that "if there is a certain date, and we do not reply by that date, they will make a decision based on the evidence that they have. No extensions will be granted." So we have to get things in on time! or it could lead to a denial down the line.

Edited by Six-Twelve

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.