10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

After my fiance arrives here when will she be issued a SS#?

ONLY IF SHE APPLIES FOR ONE, IN PERSON, AT SSA OFFICE.

Is a good thing to do, on or around Day 14, past the POE date.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline

I've wondered about this myself. I've read that some say to do it right away, others say to wait two weeks since that person wont be in the system yet?

VJAvatar.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I've wondered about this myself. I've read that some say to do it right away, others say to wait two weeks since that person wont be in the system yet?

I would wait for the 14 days before applying if I were you. I applied about 16 days after I arrived - and my name STILL wasn't in the system (the New Year holiday may have held things up though). If you apply before your name is in the system will only hold things up a few weeks - I think it took them a month to issue mine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ Bren & Ian & Matthew ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

04/05/2008 Met Online

06/30/2008 Ian visited Bren in US for 8 days

09/25/2008 Bren visited Ian in Scotland for six months

12/24/2008 We got engaged!

02/26/2009 We found out we are expecting a baby!!!

05/28/2009 Ian came to visit Bren in US for 8 days

10/07/2009 Baby Matthew born

01/25/2010 We got married!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~ AOS ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

12/29/2009 POE Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport

01/25/2010 Married

02/22/2010 SSN Received

03/18/2010 Appt with CS for I-693

03/18/2010 Mailed I-485, I-765, I-131

03/21/2010 AOS Package Delivered

03/29/2010 NOA1 email and text received for I-485, I-765 & I-131

04/01/2010 Hardcopies NOA1 received

04/21/2010 Biometrics letter received (scheduled 05/14/2010)

05/14/2010 Biometrics taken

05/15/2010 Touch on I-485 & I-765 (biometrics)

05/17/2010 Touch I-485 & I-765

05/20/2010 Letter received for interview

05/28/2010 I-131 & I-765 approved

06/04/2010 AP received in mail & EAD card production ordered

06/10/2010 EAD card received

06/25/2010 Interview (APPROVED!! YAYYY)

06/30/2010 Welcome to USA letter received

07/10/2010 Green Card Received!!!

04/30/2012 Removal of Conditions sent

11/13/2012 10 year Green Card received - no more USCIS until citizenship!!!!

scotland.gifusa.gif

Timeline

ya, it's a quandary, all hinged around 'when' you are found in the SAVE database at the SSA office.

for thousands of words, spewed by me, use the search tool here 'Advanced Search'

search term = 'verification'

member name = 'Darnell'

at bottom, tick on 'Display Results as posts'

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

I'm surprised, I mean I don't think you can get married without a SS#...

Sure ya can - is no 'federal' law about it - each state makes it's own requirements for ID.

Many states not require SSN for ONE of the ppl, some not need for BOTH, but MANY require it for both, as well.

Easiest Way to Know ? Check in with yer county clerk's office - they know everything about ID requirements. Did you try the search, as I suggested?

How'd it go ? Anything new you might have learned ?

Edited by Darnell

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I'm surprised, I mean I don't think you can get married without a SS#...

The foreigner will definitely need a passport as a minimum for ID and both or either party will need a divorce decree, anullment or death certificate to prove proper termination of any previous marriages as applicable to either of the parties, USC or alien.

Good luck.

Naturalization N-400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.