mrs.T

July 2010 CR-1 filers

1,697 posts in this topic

Hi cutiezoe,

No I was dealt with by the CSC office throughout, I was however told that when my 5 months were up I had to wait an additional 16 days prior to being passed over to tier 2, that was in order to see why the case was taking so long.

I got my citizenship through the Houston branch and know them to be efficient - at least for me, I'm not sure if thats the Tx office thats being used.

I think that the California Service Center was going to fail their 5 month service pledge on many July cases so a decision was made to ship out the cases to another area, allowing them to catch up on other cases, its really sad that July applications are getting passed by, maybe we need to get everyone who is stuck in limbo to email their senator and get all those files moving.

I know how you feel as i was there a couple of weeks ago, but no where in the same 180 day ball park, that would have got me mad.mad.gif

I don't think I would put up with an additional 180 days after my 5 months though, why not also contact your senator helpsmilie.gif via email and have them additionally chase up your case, you don't have anything to loose and the extra pressure on the USCIS may make them process your case quicker, as they now have someone to answer to and that they have also failed to meet their 5 month goals.

Best of luck and I hope your wait is a short one.

Thanks Starbeam :)

We mailed today my letter to the congressman, hope they can help us to know our status and with the processing also.

I was hoping that there are July filers here who was also transferred at TSC that got their approval already to give me a peace of mind that there's really a chance for me to be approved this December. I am done with the 5 month period and I am now on our 154th day from our NOA1.

Thanks again :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

We mailed today my letter to the congressman, hope they can help us to know our status and with the processing also.

I was hoping that there are July filers here who was also transferred at TSC that got their approval already to give me a peace of mind that there's really a chance for me to be approved this December. I am done with the 5 month period and I am now on our 154th day from our NOA1.

Nothing here until now, just 9 days before 5 months and waiting to have some news :)

07.19.2010 - NOA1

05.23.2011 - POE - LAX

06.01.2011 - Welcome letter arrived :)

06.04.2011 - 10 year GC received by mail :)

I am expecting that NOA2 will come this coming january 2011..although my 5months mark is on dec.21 .. i still expect that our case will be approve by 6months not 5months .. :blink::wacko:

USCIS:

07/21/2010 - NOA1

02/07/2011 - NOA2 approved! 201 days since NOA1!!!

02/14/2011 - NOA2 HARDCOPY RECEIVED

NVC:

02/15/2011 - NVC case number assigned

02/16/2011 - emailed ds3032 to nvc

02/17/2011 - gave both our email address.

02/18/2011 - DS3032 accepted.

03/15/2011 - AOS & IV paid. both "IN PROCESS"

03/16/2011 - AOS & IV show's "PAID"

03/24/2011 - Mailed AOS & IV pack to nvc

04/13/19/2011 - received an RFE email from NVC about my ds-230 and AOS form =/

04/22/2011 - (ds230 & Aos)Checklist sent to nvc

05/04/2011 - Sign In Failed!!! :)

05/05/2011 - Case Complete! :)

05/16/2011 - Interview Scheduled!

06/09/2011 - Interview date "APPROVED"

MEDICAL:

03/21/2011 - first day

03/22/2011 - medical result: IMMUNIZATION! =) thank god.

POE:

06/17/2011 - Received VISA

06/21/2011 - poe to SF :)yay!

06/21/2013 - 2year green card expiration date!

03/20/2013 - Mailed I-751 overnight express

07/19/2013 - Received RFE

08/19/2013 - RFE Received by CSC

08/22/2013 - GC APPROVED! :)

Cutiezoe,

One additional thing you could do is to call USCIS and ask them what office is processing your request, then ask them what date that office is currently processing, that should give you a rough idea of how long before your date comes up, but please note you may process before or after that date, but at least you will have a better idea and you should process in the same ball park.

Edited by starbeam

Did she say that she was married? What info did she give them? My wife has come to visit me several times and she just doesn't mention the fact that she is married to a USC. Makes it so much easier. But my wife is from Canada and Canadians vist U.S. often. She is still nervous each time she crosses though.

when asked reason for visit....she told them to spend christmas with my husband, he then asked how long she was staying and that was it. didnt even ask if she had return ticket.....which she does :angry: ......

Met online June 27, 2008

May 15 2010 -- The Wedding in Castlemain, Victoria Australia

June 22, 2010 -- Mailed to Chicago lock box

July 5th recieved NOA1

Nov 1 2010 Case transfered to Texas Service Center

Nov 24 2010 Case Transfered to USCIS Office ???

Feb 7th Changed address on USCIS web site

Feb 17th Wifes case approved

Feb 18Th Step-Son's case RFE

Feb 27th Both Cases put back into "Initial Review"

Mar 28Th Case approved at USCIS

Apr 14Th AOS Fee Paid

Apr 19Th IV Fee paid

Apr 19Th AOS packets Sent

Apr 21St IV Packets Sent

May 19Th RFE for Wife IV Recieved

May 19Th RFE for Stepson IV Recieved

May 22nd RFE reply for wife and stepson sent to NVC (Overnight)

June 3rd NVC message changed to show that RFE being processed

June 6th NVC payment portal SIF

June 9th NVC message changed to case closed

June 11th Interview scheduled in Sydney for July 26th

June 15th NVC mailed package to Sydney

June 20Th Package delivered to consulate

June 23rd emailed consulate for earlier interview

June 26th reply from consulate Intervirw moved to July 12th

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

U r right, I read August/September filers page yesterday, it is unfair , some people gets their approval less than 3 months and others wait 4 or 5 months till now and who's know? till when we will waitting maybe 6 or 7..and wait 4 NVC the Consular interview, there is countries between me and my husband, its long distance..plz if any one call the USCIS to tell us what's going on...My five months wil end on 24 Dec, two weeks remainingwhistling.gif

I'm hoping a large number of us get approvals for Christmas! Great gift!

Chantéa's USCIS Journey:

2010 Jul 17 -- Filed I-130

2010 Aug 4 -- NOA 1

2010 Aug 9 -- NOA 1 Hardcopy

2010 Nov 2 -- Transferred from CSC to TSC

2010 Nov 24--Touched

2011 Feb 9 -- Touched

2011 Feb 10--Transferred BACK to CSC *rolls eyes*

2011 Feb 11-- Touched AGAIN (uscis office)

2011 Feb 25--email notification of APPROVAL!!!! (Thank ya Jesus)

2011 Mar 3--NOA2 Hardcopy

Your I-130 was approved in 205 days from your NOA1 date.

Chantéa's NVC Journey:

2011 Mar 8--received case # dated Mar 7, sent OPTIN email for electronic processing with attached DS-3032 form.

2011 Mar 9--received IIN and Beneficiary ID #, AOS bill invoiced/paid, submitted DS-261 (Choice of Agent)

2011 Mar 11--AOS bill shows as PAID and IV bill invoiced

2011 Mar 14--paid IV bill

2011 Mar 16-- IV bill shows as PAID

2011 Apr 11--submitted AOS and IV package and resent OPTIN email

2011 Apr 12--received OPTIN acceptance email

2011 Apr 13--received email notifying that my AOS and IV package was received

2011 May 4--received RFE email

2011 May 5--resent both packages

2011 May 14--received RFE email

2011 May 30--sent in missing document

2011 June 6--received CC email (Case Complete) and SIF (Sign in Failed)

2011 June 14-- interview date assigned for July 20!!

2011 Jul 11--Medical at Dr. Seiden & Associates

2011 Jul 20-- The big day

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Did she say that she was married? What info did she give them? My wife has come to visit me several times and she just doesn't mention the fact that she is married to a USC. Makes it so much easier. But my wife is from Canada and Canadians vist U.S. often. She is still nervous each time she crosses though.

I always say I'm married when I go to visit my husband in the U.S. I always feel they have my whole life story is in that computer! I've been sent to secondary inspection a number of times but my last several visits have been ok. I have the worse anxiety traveling because of my experiences in secondary. I just feel now that I've said I'm married I can't take it back, I'm sure they documented something. I rather just tell the truth. I always bring proof of ties back with me. It's really just up in the air, and depends on your officer. Some of them are complete idiots, but I guess they feel it's their job to make sure some people are not slipping through the cracks. Still causes me the most stress though!

Chantéa's USCIS Journey:

2010 Jul 17 -- Filed I-130

2010 Aug 4 -- NOA 1

2010 Aug 9 -- NOA 1 Hardcopy

2010 Nov 2 -- Transferred from CSC to TSC

2010 Nov 24--Touched

2011 Feb 9 -- Touched

2011 Feb 10--Transferred BACK to CSC *rolls eyes*

2011 Feb 11-- Touched AGAIN (uscis office)

2011 Feb 25--email notification of APPROVAL!!!! (Thank ya Jesus)

2011 Mar 3--NOA2 Hardcopy

Your I-130 was approved in 205 days from your NOA1 date.

Chantéa's NVC Journey:

2011 Mar 8--received case # dated Mar 7, sent OPTIN email for electronic processing with attached DS-3032 form.

2011 Mar 9--received IIN and Beneficiary ID #, AOS bill invoiced/paid, submitted DS-261 (Choice of Agent)

2011 Mar 11--AOS bill shows as PAID and IV bill invoiced

2011 Mar 14--paid IV bill

2011 Mar 16-- IV bill shows as PAID

2011 Apr 11--submitted AOS and IV package and resent OPTIN email

2011 Apr 12--received OPTIN acceptance email

2011 Apr 13--received email notifying that my AOS and IV package was received

2011 May 4--received RFE email

2011 May 5--resent both packages

2011 May 14--received RFE email

2011 May 30--sent in missing document

2011 June 6--received CC email (Case Complete) and SIF (Sign in Failed)

2011 June 14-- interview date assigned for July 20!!

2011 Jul 11--Medical at Dr. Seiden & Associates

2011 Jul 20-- The big day

Does it hurt if we contacted two senators at the same time to look on our case? Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Does it hurt if we contacted two senators at the same time to look on our case? Thanks

Hello

As long as you state to the other senator your also seeking the 2nd Senator and give the name

they usually ask if you have or had contact with any other federal agency also.

Be honest and it take's 2 weeks for a reply back with your USCIS case number also and you must

state why your inquiring for their help. If accepted they will assign you a case worker and

a case number who will be helping you. If your asking to be EXPEDITED you need to have a

major illness and doctor letter stating why you need to be expedited. And for example I'm disabled

from SS and asked to be expedited due to my condition and ask to be expedited.

I sent a letter of my SS award disablity letter and a doctor statement why i need to have my

case expedited. The Senator takes it from there and does the expedite directly with USCIS.

Good Luck

Hello

As long as you state to the other senator your also seeking the 2nd Senator and give the name

they usually ask if you have or had contact with any other federal agency also.

Be honest and it take's 2 weeks for a reply back with your USCIS case number also and you must

state why your inquiring for their help. If accepted they will assign you a case worker and

a case number who will be helping you. If your asking to be EXPEDITED you need to have a

major illness and doctor letter stating why you need to be expedited. And for example I'm disabled

from SS and asked to be expedited due to my condition and ask to be expedited.

I sent a letter of my SS award disablity letter and a doctor statement why i need to have my

case expedited. The Senator takes it from there and does the expedite directly with USCIS.

Good Luck

I have not had to do this, but I can not foresee a problem as each Senator will individually write to USCIS and they will get individual replys back, but you will have to state that you went to the USCIS website and from there you went to Check Processing times and choose the CSC for a I-130 and got the following

Form......Title Classification or Basis for Filing: Processing.......................................................Time frame:

I-130......Petition for Alien Relative Permanent resident filling for a spouse or child under 21.........5 Months...........(sorry had to use dots to format the text)

Then you will need do describe what information you were given, explain that you have almost reached (or passes) your 5 months processing time frame mentioned by USCIS and the additional time if any that you have been quoted on the phone,

You may also want to mention that looking around on the internet you see that other people (no names or websites) who applied after you one example in Sept have been processes before you from this site it also looks like Aug is being processed.

You may also want to mention that your file was transfered and ask then why, where it was sent to and what effect that has on your case to make sure you are not disadvantaged.

If you have spoken to USCIS let them know what they said and ask why your case is taking so long to process.

end up you saying that you are missing your partner and that it seems the process in being mismanaged an you are still waiting when you are past or very close to passing the 5 month time frame promised by USCIS while others that applied several months after you have been processed through the USCIS CSC.

I believe you have already sent your senators a letter (or email), if you want further information just add it to your original note once they have contacted you with a reference number (or phone).

Hope that helps.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Offfff, I get very bored, any one finished his 5months. i will 24/12 , and the vacation will start from 24 to 26 and back to work 27, if any one cal the uscis b4 the vacation plz told us what they says

Mary&Besho

Well i decided to give them a call today and got human and i know the robot says wait 180 days after transfer but when i talked to the human was def confirmed that my case is out of the processing time and she submitted a service request dunno if it does anything really but meh at least i know the date of our noa 1 is what really matters and not what the robot tells us. She confirmed to me that we were out of processing time. Hopefully someone hears more soon or gets there noa 2.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Well i decided to give them a call today and got human and i know the robot says wait 180 days after transfer but when i talked to the human was def confirmed that my case is out of the processing time and she submitted a service request dunno if it does anything really but meh at least i know the date of our noa 1 is what really matters and not what the robot tells us. She confirmed to me that we were out of processing time. Hopefully someone hears more soon or gets there noa 2.

thanks

dvs98

Mary&Besho

Hello July filiers.. Hang in there your Noa2 will come sooner than you think!!! We were waiting before also,,,we know what it feels like....Godbless and takecare!

Noa1-2010-01-06 Noa2-2010-27-10

Nvc recieve 2010-02-11

Ds-3032 e-mailed 2010-03-11

Recieved Aos bill 2010-05-11

Paid Aos bill 2010-05-11

Sent Aos -n- IV 2010-07-11

Aos accepted 2010-17-11

Paid IV bill 2010-11-11

RFD 2010-??-12 They want the green NBI police clearance

not the one from the local municipal

Nvc received RFD response and avr back to review 2010-16-12 (Some reason it now says received RFD 2010-30-12)

Sif 2010-N/a

Sif 2011-04-01

Case complete 2011-05-01 Wow a real Journey

Interview date notification Feb 20th,,2011

Interview Feb 4th,,,2011 8:30 a.m. Only two weeks from Notification Date

Medical Jan 31st

Approved Feb 4th Only three questions!!!

Visa recieved Feb 10th

Landed on American soil Feb 12th

5 months 5 days for me =/ had a bunch of touches in late November on the I130 but nothing changed.

Your close cause on our touch we got approved,,,it showed up in the mail a week later,,,and still to this day Uscis website still says the same thing....

Noa1-2010-01-06 Noa2-2010-27-10

Nvc recieve 2010-02-11

Ds-3032 e-mailed 2010-03-11

Recieved Aos bill 2010-05-11

Paid Aos bill 2010-05-11

Sent Aos -n- IV 2010-07-11

Aos accepted 2010-17-11

Paid IV bill 2010-11-11

RFD 2010-??-12 They want the green NBI police clearance

not the one from the local municipal

Nvc received RFD response and avr back to review 2010-16-12 (Some reason it now says received RFD 2010-30-12)

Sif 2010-N/a

Sif 2011-04-01

Case complete 2011-05-01 Wow a real Journey

Interview date notification Feb 20th,,2011

Interview Feb 4th,,,2011 8:30 a.m. Only two weeks from Notification Date

Medical Jan 31st

Approved Feb 4th Only three questions!!!

Visa recieved Feb 10th

Landed on American soil Feb 12th

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.