ual777

I-129(f) Approval! (Expedite)

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

I had posted about asking for an expedite 2 weeks earlier and here is what happened.

I went to my local field office on tuesday asking for an expedite because my sister has brain cancer. The cancer is located on her speech center and now she has severe speech and motion problems due to the surgury. She is also on seizure watch for the next 6 months and she has 3 children under the age of 6. Her husband is an Air Force officer and she lives in San Antonio as do I.

I waited in line at the San Antonio field office and spoke to an immigration officer about my problem, and my mother also attende. We explained that my sister has a glioma located on her speech center and recently had surgury. She also cannot drive due to the surgury, and she starts chemo in 3 weeks because only 80% of the brain cancer was removed.

We explained that we need an extra set of hands to help care for my sister and her children, as her husband is an Air Force officer and his medical leave to care for her expires soon.

To my utter astonishment and gratitude, she said "Let me make a phone call." She then called the NBC and talked to a guy and he said he would work on it in the next "48 hours", and well 24 hours later I got the approval via e-mail at 10:46 p.m.

She also gave me the phone and fax numbers for the NVC as the expedite is taken up with the state department from there on out. She told me to explain that USCIS expedited it and to include a doctor's letter explaining my sister's condition. She also told me to contact a senator to help as well.

Now, before I get flamed, I want to make clear that I am not taking advantage of the situation. My sister went to Oxford University, and is one of the brightest people I know. I am closer to her than my other 2 siblings and she has always helped me since I was little. I love her to death. However, now she talks like she is 4 years old and she cannot write. Her mind is sharp and she understand everything normally, but she cannot respond very well due to brain swelling and other complications around her speech center. My family has all taken time off to help her, but there is just too much to do with someone having to be around her 24/7. My wife told me she wanted to help, and so I made the appointment. I am more happy for being able to help my sister than I am for the actual approval.

I am writing this to show you that there are USCIS officers who really try to help, and listen when you have an emergency. I will be eternally grateful to that woman and may God bless her for helping my big sister. I hope to see her again for the AOS.

As for the details,

my NOA-1 was 6/26/06 with the new IMBRA form. No RFEs etc.

oh and as is tradition.....

The following is the latest information on your case status

Receipt Number: MSC*********

Application Type: I129F , PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On August 10, 2006, an approval notice was mailed. If 30 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please speak to an Immigration Information Officer during business hours.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you received from the USCIS.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

"Anyone who says the pen is mightier than the sword has obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

Aww, what a heart-breaking story. :( I'm so glad they were sympathetic to your situation. Best wishes to you and your family. (F)

Edited by girl 37

Congratulations! :dance:

Prayers for you and your family. (F)

K-1 Process

---------------------------

April 20, 2006 - Filed I-129F (Ahhhhh finally!)

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED!

September 28, 2006 - Interview!

September 29, 2006 - VISA in hand!

October 14, 2006 - WEDDING DATE!

AOS & EAD Process

----------------------------

December 26, 2006 - Darcy's last day of employment on his 90-day work authorization. Bummer!

December 27, 2006 - Filed AOS and EAD paperwork

January 3, 2006 - Receipt date of NOA1

January 11, 2007 - 'touched'

January 17, 2007 - transferred to CSC

January 19, 2007 - biometrics appointment

January 22, 2007 - 'touched'

January 23, 2007 - 'AOS touched'

January 24, 2007 - 'touched'

January 31, 2007 - 'AOS touched'

February 1, 2007 - GREEN CARD ORDERED!!!

February 5, 2007 - Received Welcome Letter

February 11, 2007 - received GREEN CARD!!

Lifting Conditions

----------------------------

December 31, 2008 - filed I-751

January 10, 2009 - received 1-year extension letter

January 28, 2009 - biometrics

February 13, 2009 - 10-year green card ordered

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I am so sorry to hear about your sister and hope that she responds well to treatment and makes an astounding recovery. Kudos to immigration for showing compassion and expediting your wife's visa. My prayers and best wishes with you all.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I am sorry to hear about your sister and hope she recovers soon. It is good to hear that your wife will be joining you shortly. At times like these you need your partner at your side.

Edited by Dylan'sWife

04-21-2006 | Marriage in Santa Ana, CA
I-130 Process
06-29-2006 | Mailed to CSC
08-23-2006 | Was told application was rejected & sent back
08-30-2006 | Recieved rejected package
09-01-2006 | Resubmitted I-130
09-08-2006 | NOA1 (now that's more like it)
09-13-2006 | Recieved NOA1 in the mail
12-19-2006 | Recieved email RFE
12-20-2006 | Recieved RFE in mail
12-22-2006 | Sent out RFE info
01-09-2007 | NOA2 Email received!
I-130 at NVC
01-24-2007 | Case Number Assigned
02-06-2007 | Emailed DS-3032 COA
02-09-2007 | NVC confirms COA in email
02-20-2007 | DS3032 & AOS Fee Bill Mailed
02-26-2007 | Received DS3032 and AOS Fee Bill
02-28-2007 | Mailed AOS Fee Bill and check
03-13-2007 | I-864 received
03-21-2007 | I-864 sent
05-16-2007 | IV Bill resent from NVC (never got the first)
06-02-2007 | IV Bill received
06-05-2007 | IV Bill payment sent
06-26-2007 | Received DS230
06-29-2007 | Mailed DS230 to NVC
08-15-2007 | NVC process complete but was sent back to US CIS (#@$%#$% this sucks)
11-08-2007 | I-130 returned to NVC
11-08-2007 | Requested expedited interview due to daughters illness
11-21-2007 | NVC approved expedited interview. Mailed to Montreal Embassy Nov 20th
12-11-2007 | Told by contact at US Consulate in Toronto that our interview date will be on Jan 4th.
01-04-2008 | Interview In Montreal. VISA GRANTED
01-11-2008 | Arrival in the US
11-09-2009 | Biometrics taken for 10 year green card
01-20-2010 | Approved- 10 GC ordered for production

06-22-2013 | N-400 package sent

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

So happy for you, congrats and many prayers for your family!

Sherry

I-130

03/29/06-Mailed to TSC

04/03/06-Recieved I-130 @TSC forwarded to CSC

04/05/06-NOA1

04/11/06-Recieved NOA1

07/18/06-NOA-2- Approved

02/09/07-CASE COMPLETED!!!!!!

02/13/07-Case forwarded to Dublin Embassy!!!

04/26/07-Interveiw!!

04/26/07- VISA in Hand!!!!

July-2007-Niall finishes work & comes home!!!

We had delays in our journey that were not part of the immigration process, please do not use our "timeline" as an accurate guide!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Why would you be flamed? There are times when an expedited case is necessary, this is obviously one of them. I only get upset when someone tries that claims they need them here for emotional reason....we are all in that boat.

I am truly sorry that you have endured this, and I hope the best for you and your family.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

That gives me hope also, my dad recently had open heart surgery with a quadruple heart bypass and valve replaement. He is not doing well, been hopitalized 3 times since and the docs say that he needs a caregiver. My wife in the Philippines is a profesional caregiver and so we also asked for an expedite so she could help me with dad. I sent a letter to ask for expedite at my local office in Phoenix and at NBC but have not had any reply yet, so please pray :help: for us also, wee need a miracle too!

Rob

I-129F

Filed New I-129F form with IMBRA June 19, 2006

NOA 1 June 26, 2006

Touched July 3, 2006

I-129F Approved by E mail August 21, 2006, Just 63 Days

NOA 2 for I-129F Received in the Mail August 26th, 2006

I-129F at NVC

Case Number assigned at NVC August 29, 2006 MNL2006XXXXXXXXX

NVC sends the I-129F to the Manila Embassy August 29th, 2006

Embassy in Manila Receives I-129F August 31st, 2006

Packet 4 Received by Melinda from Manila Embassy October 1, 2006

Interview at Us Embassy Manila, October 18, 2006

Visa Approved! Interview Completed.

Visa Delivered by DELBROS October 28th, 2006

October 30, 2006 Arrived back in LAX with Melinda, were going to Disneyland!!!

November 6th, 2006, Melinda and I are back home in Winslow Arizona loving Life!

Always nice to hear evidence of the USCIS actually being human.

Best wishes for your family situation,

Jen

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

I just lost a good friend's mom to cancer so I know what a strain it is on the family. I wish you the best for your family and the visa process. (F)

SA4userbar.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.