spookyturtle

Is it possible to be an all-American company?

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I disagree. The guys at Infosys who work on the big investment bank accounts are world-class.

That said, the guys at Patni who work on the Waste Management account (this is not a real example) are anything but :)

I have no experience with or knowledge of Infoys, so I'll have to take your word for this. My question to you is: why doesn't everyone use them then?

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Filed: Timeline

I have no experience with or knowledge of Infoys, so I'll have to take your word for this. My question to you is: why doesn't everyone use them then?

Because Infosys doesn't have enough world-class staff. They put their best staff on the accounts that pay the most and the rest of us get their 2nd and 3rd tier #######.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Because Infosys doesn't have enough world-class staff. They put their best staff on the accounts that pay the most and the rest of us get their 2nd and 3rd tier #######.

Taking this into account, it may be possible for some to outsource w/out a degradation in quality, but clearly not possible for all.

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

I try to buy as much as I can USA made product, but at times you just can't avoid it.

I don't go by brand because you can have a foreign brand that is made right here in the US and a

US brand that's made in Mexico, Canada or somewhere far, so between the two which one is more

American?

Do i care about the CEO who's pocketing big bonuses by outsourcing at the expense of the US engineers, the

US workforce.

Do I care for a company that might have a foreign name but made the product here in the US.

I had a discussion with a colleague, and he mentioned he doesn't care much who build

the Car as long as it's American, the money stays in the US, in US CEO Pocket, I just couldn't

beleive it a hard care republican fellah and he's saying he doesn't care about the US engineers

when he's one of them, I guess as long as you are not affected personally you don't feel the pinch.

Toyota Camry( Assembled in US)

CHEVY car Forgot the model( built and assembled 100% out of USA)

Which of these 2 cars would you rather drive

Do i care about the CEO or the US engineer whose taking care of his family because of this Foreign Company

Which one of the 2 is contributing more to the Job market and US economy?

Edited by Nikita2Charles

Gone but not Forgotten!

Filed: Other Timeline

I buy Made in USA whenever possible. Sometimes that's a tough one, i.e., when Levis jeans are made in China and I have to order online in order to get Made in USA, but I do it.

As a President, I would get a hold on this by adding import taxes based on the parts not Made in USA, starting at a certain percentage. For example, if you have a Chinese-made look-a-like flashlight that they want to sell for $1.00 in the store, whereas the real thing costs $14.99, I add a $10.00 per flashlight "you don't #### with American jobs" tax to the Chinese fake.

So, is this going to hurt the consumer who now has to pay $11.00 for the sh*tty one? I think not, and here's why.

1) The consumers who bought the crappy one for a dollar and it broke in a million pieces after one day wasted their dollar.

2) The company who outsourced the crappy flashlight will not see any merit in outsourcing anymore and will thus have their flashlights Made in the USA.

3) Instead of spending $11.00 on a crappy flashlight, many consumers will now opt for the quality item for $14.99 instead.

I would thus make Made in USA desirable for anyone involved, the corporations included.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Most people who buy Maglites don't have to buy Maglites multiple times a year. They buy one and it lasts for more than year. People can afford to pay a bit more for things they don't buy as often. But if Maglites made light bulbs which people by more frequently, they'd go out of business if they didn't outsource to cut cost drastically.

Noone really considers "Made in America" before buying their junk. They just want the best and the cheapest thing they can find, which are usually Made in China.

People who are calling for import taxes on important goods should realize that America is a member of WTO. It cannot just slap tariff on things at whim without violating WTO. If America starts to tax imports unfairly, other countries will start taxing American imports to their countries also. Then American economy will go down the shitter even more than it is now.

Also, many of you think anything made outside of America ends up being crappy automatically. You're wrong. All the exporting countries are improving their manufacturing processes and churning out better products then they did before. Products from Germany, Taiwan, Japan and much of Europe are high quality and lasts just as long as product made in America if not better. I bought jeans made in China has it's lasted (is lasting still) as long as the pair that says Made in America.

America is a knowledge-based service economy. We must focus on this and become more efficient on this. I don't care if my flashlight comes from China or Arkansas. But I do care that I am employed in high-skill industry. Leave the manufacturing to places which can do it for the least amount of money. That’s not to say America should completely unlearn its manufacturing process. We can excel in newer manufacturing areas like solar cells, batteries, etc.

N400 CITIZENSHIP STAGE

23-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox (USPS EXPRESS)

27-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form delivered/picked up by USCIS

01-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form fee check cashed by USCIS

04-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form received per NOA1

09-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 notice date

14-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 on hand through USPS

30-JAN-2017 -:- N400 fingerprint taken

01-FEB-2017 -:- N400 interview schedule process started

26-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview date set (01SEP2017)

29-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview letter on hand

01-SEP-2017 -:- N400 interview date - Interview passed

10-OCT-2017-:- N400 oath ceremony letter on hand (oath on 26OCT2017)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I never paid much attention in the past really (other then cars) but in the last couple of years I've been shifting to American made products all across the board, even if I have to spend a little more but the quality makes up for it (buy it once vs twice before buying what I should have originally). True, some foriegn products (with the exception of China) are good but it does no good for the U.S. I want all my money to support my country when possible. For fishing tackle I have bought my last Swedish made ambassadeur fishing reel as well as my last Japenese shimano reels. Both are quality products but I would rather support quality items made here. Not that I would ever be able to buy one, but if I could I also wouldn't consider a boat built by migrants or illigals who are sending their pay home. Let it be built by Americans were the money is supporting families here. I wish they would start taxing the hell out of all imports and bring manufacturing back to this country.