WARREN-IRINA

I-129 and services of an international marriage broker?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

In Sept 2004 I had an ad in Senior Friend Finder looking to find a woman to ride with me in my semi as I dove cross country. I got a bakers dozen replies from across the USA and one from Irina in Russia. Irina was the only one who read "traveling (and living in) across the USA in a truck". In a couple of weeks all but Irina were gone because I could not either go where they were or could not stop and party for a week.

I could not get time off to catch my last ex and finish my divorce as she had a habit of disappearing when I was home for a couple of days. She didn't even come to the hospital when I had a kidney removed because "the little kids at the day care center she worked at needed her worse that I did". When I quit driving in 2007 and was finally able to get my divorce Irina had retired and moved so her brother set a home stay invite but I was having problems with joints. I ended up having a hip then both knees replaced which took time to recover. Irina had got her residence changed by then and sent another invite but I was not sure I could walk good enough. Next invite got lost in the mail and came after I should have been there. Funny thing a woman was hanging around my place and I told her I was not interested. Get this her friend works in the local post office.

I received the 4th invite and it was in the embassy in SF being processed when I found out I had prostate cancer. Doc gave me as $1700 shot and said go see her. I spend 47 days there and explained to Irina what she could expect and not to expect sex to be normal. "I can get along with just living with you. I only want to not be alone," was her answer. The operation is over and 2 PSA tests were "Less than 0.01" the lowest number that they can legally give as a test result.

I also had trouble with getting a divorce certifies from the state Vital Records department. They said they had no record of it and the court said they had sent it to to the state. It finally came Saturday after 4 trip to VR and 2 to the court house.

Now as I am filling out the I-129 I can not find an answer to the International Marriage Broker question. Is Senior Friend Finder an international marriage broker? It would seem it does not apply to us as we met on line before the act was passed. Second it was her that found me and contacted me when I was not looking for a foreign woman. I think SFF fits into the exception below.[/size]

Page 14 IMB rules

4) INTERNATIONAL MARRIAGE BROKER.—

(B) EXCEPTIONS.—Such term does not include—

ii) an entity that provides dating services if its

principal business is not to provide international dating

services between United States citizens or United

States residents and foreign nationals and it charges

comparable rates and offers comparable services to

all individuals it serves regardless of the individual’s

gender or country of citizenship.

Having buried a wife of 23 years and a fiancée and three divorces I have been leery of another marriage but Irina is not any thing like the 3 money hungry b----s I am divorced from. Irina never had children and her first husband, a doctor got his medical assistant pregnant. Second marriage she won't say much about except it was not a pleasant experience and he was a lawyer.

She has been a tower of strength through it all. Well one time she lost it. She knew I was in Texas and called me just a sobbing, "Where are you? Are you OK? That terrible storm." She was watching Hurricane Rita tearing up the Texas gulf coast on Russian TV news.

The closest thing to an argument in 5 1/2 years she did yell, "No" at me once on the phone when I told her I had sent her money to get her phone line put into her new apartment so she could have Internet at home. She still had the money when I arrived to met her. She still has only her cell phone and goes to the post office or her brothers to use the internet. She has a masters in accounting. Did I learn much Russian from her during my visit? No, she spoke way too much English.

One other question do they reject or screen for older age? She is 59 and I'm 66 and have my DOT physical (goes with CDL license to drive trucks) good until June of 2012. My family has a lot of people who lived into their 80's & 90's. One emigrated to Salem Mass. in 1629 and died at 82 in 1690. His wife lived to 79.

First email 2004-09-05

Visit her in Russia 2009-09-18 to 2009-11-02

I-129F Sent : 2010-07-14

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-08-11

Touch : 2010-08-18

NOA2 :2010-01-13

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

seniorfriendfinder.com DOES NOT HAVE ANY IMBRA COMPLIANCE STATEMENT on it's publicly viewable web pages.

IIRC, this is owned by Various, Inc., and they DO have other IMBRA statements for their other 'finder' websites such as KoreanFriendFinder, AsianFriendFinder, etc etc - anything dealing with 'overseas' hookups.

To hit the nail , though - you should contact SFF customer support, inquire - use this phrase -

'Please provide me with your IMBRA compliance statement, or a paragraph clearly stating why your site does not need one. If you need to escalate this request to the proper person or entity, please do so'

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

SFF does not appear to be an IMB to me.

As long as you met within the 2 years of the filing of the petition, you should be good to go.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I have sent an email to SFF and ask them if they were. I may have to call if I can find a number after the 4th is over.

I will put it down on the I-129 and ask them if it is anyway.

Thank you all for your replies.

As for meeting her I met her in Moscow then we flwe to kal;iningrad a few days later. We never parted company betewwn 3 pm Sept 17, 2009 until I got on the train to go to Gdansk Poland to fly home at 7 PM Nov 2, 2009. She did go to the market a few times and left me watching TV. Every time he made or recieved a call she always told me who it was and never left the room to talk.

First email 2004-09-05

Visit her in Russia 2009-09-18 to 2009-11-02

I-129F Sent : 2010-07-14

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-08-11

Touch : 2010-08-18

NOA2 :2010-01-13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.