RumbaBumba

Do I reference the CR-1 Process in my cover letter?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Hello Guys,

I've received tons of help since I began to post. THANK YOU!

I have a quick question: Do i reference the Cr-1 Process in my I-130 cover letter? I never see it in the examples but How do the reviewers know for what type of

visa you are filing for?

Do I just put,

I, so and so, a citizen of the United States, would like to file a petition for I-130 in relation to the CR-1 visa for my spouse, so and so.

Would that not be necessary?

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Switzerland

Marriage (if applicable): 2009-07-28

I-130 Sent : 2010-08-07

I-130 NOA1 : 2010-08-10

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The form you file, that is how the reviewers (or adjudicators) know what visa you are petitioning for. Since you are filing the I-130 the corresponding visa will be the CR-1 once applied for at the consulate

So you may cite the Cr-1 visa if you like, however based on the petition you are filing, the Cr-1 is a given

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We did reference it in our cover letter but as canadian_wife posted it will be obvious from the petition you file. Good luck on your journey.

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

The form you file, that is how the reviewers (or adjudicators) know what visa you are petitioning for. Since you are filing the I-130 the corresponding visa will be the CR-1 once applied for at the consulate

So you may cite the Cr-1 visa if you like, however based on the petition you are filing, the Cr-1 is a given

Good luck

It's an I-130 for spouse and you will have indicated the Consulate where a visa will be applied for. When the petition is approved, your spouse will be invited to apply for the visa they are then eligible for. No harm in mentioning CR1 on the cover letter though.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Oh sure - I'd keep that in there, then later on in the letter, write the list of attachments ...

IMO, mostly, that's what a cover letter contains - some introductory blurb about what yer doing (filing an I-130 ) then the list of attachments.

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Oh sure - I'd keep that in there, then later on in the letter, write the list of attachments ...

IMO, mostly, that's what a cover letter contains - some introductory blurb about what yer doing (filing an I-130 ) then the list of attachments.

Good Luck !

I second this.

I was trying to find a copy of the cover letter we sent so I could show you an example... but I can't find it. :blink:

Time to go panic about what other forms might be missing...

But I know that we found our example cover letter on these forums somewhere. Hopefully you can find them or someone can link you.

I remember we put his name and contact info, my name and contact info, "we are applying for a CR-1" (I think at the time we were still trying to do K3, so we probably actually put that), a list of all the enclosures (very important! be somewhat detailed)... we detailed the segments of the "bona fides," for example. Wedding photos, photos of us together on vacation, photos of us with friends and family, call records, emails we'd sent to each other, Facebook communications between him and me, Facebook communications between him and my mom... My reasoning was that they might be less likely to lose stuff this way. I don't know if that's actually true, though, but it couldn't hurt.

Married: March 16, 2010
Sent I-130: March 31, 2010
NOA1: April 21, 2010
Check cashed: April 22, 2010
Touched: April 23, 2010
NOA2: October 2, 2010
DONE with USCIS

NVC Received: October 27, 2010
Received DS-3032/I-864 bill: October 30, 2010
Paid I-864 bill: November 3, 2010
I-864 bill shows as PAID: November 5, 2010
Receive I-864 package: ????
Return completed I-864: ????
Return completed DS-3032 (email): November 4, 2010
Return completed DS-3032 (mail mail): November 24, 2010
Receive IV bill: ????
Pay IV bill: ????

ENTERED US: August 17, 2011

Removal of Conditions

Mail package to California Service Center: ????

Receive NOA: ????

Biometrics appointment: ????

Conditions removed: ????

event.png

I second this.

I was trying to find a copy of the cover letter we sent so I could show you an example... but I can't find it. :blink:

Time to go panic about what other forms might be missing...

But I know that we found our example cover letter on these forums somewhere. Hopefully you can find them or someone can link you.

I remember we put his name and contact info, my name and contact info, "we are applying for a CR-1" (I think at the time we were still trying to do K3, so we probably actually put that), a list of all the enclosures (very important! be somewhat detailed)... we detailed the segments of the "bona fides," for example. Wedding photos, photos of us together on vacation, photos of us with friends and family, call records, emails we'd sent to each other, Facebook communications between him and me, Facebook communications between him and my mom... My reasoning was that they might be less likely to lose stuff this way. I don't know if that's actually true, though, but it couldn't hurt.

For some reason it wouldn't let me edit this.

Our cover letter:

(addresses and such go up at the top like a formal letter, which you can google for)

Dear Sir or Madam:

Enclosed please find the form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, for B______ B______, along with supporting documents.

Contents of packet include:

Check for application fee, made out to U.S. Department of Homeland Security, in the amount of $355.00

Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative

Photocopy of all pages of non-expired U.S. passport of petitioner

Photocopy and original birth certificate (Nüfus Kayıt Örneği) of beneficiary and certified English translation

Photocopy of marriage certificate (Uluslararası Aile Cüzdanı) and certified English translation

Form G-325A, Biographic Information, with addendum (additional addresses and employment) and photo of petitioner

Form G-325A, Biographic Information, with photo of beneficiary

Evidence of the bona fides of the marital relationship

Photographs

Printouts of email correspondence

Records of phone calls

Printouts from Facebook (changing status to “Married,” etc.)

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Thank you very much for your help.

Sincerely,

(name, phone number)

So... I guess we didn't specifically mention the CR-1. And I guess we just put "photographs" on the cover letter but separated them into subsections as an actual enclosure. I don't think it will help or hurt either way to mention CR-1.

Good luck!

Married: March 16, 2010
Sent I-130: March 31, 2010
NOA1: April 21, 2010
Check cashed: April 22, 2010
Touched: April 23, 2010
NOA2: October 2, 2010
DONE with USCIS

NVC Received: October 27, 2010
Received DS-3032/I-864 bill: October 30, 2010
Paid I-864 bill: November 3, 2010
I-864 bill shows as PAID: November 5, 2010
Receive I-864 package: ????
Return completed I-864: ????
Return completed DS-3032 (email): November 4, 2010
Return completed DS-3032 (mail mail): November 24, 2010
Receive IV bill: ????
Pay IV bill: ????

ENTERED US: August 17, 2011

Removal of Conditions

Mail package to California Service Center: ????

Receive NOA: ????

Biometrics appointment: ????

Conditions removed: ????

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.