6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello guys, I receive a REF letter today on the mail, and I am wondering if I can file for an advance parole while I am sending the documents need it to continue the AOS process? if so where can I download the form and how much is the fee?

thanks in advance

Jo.

I received an RFE when we did the AOS, people told me it actually has nothing to do with the advance parole :)

but i'm not sure coz after i sent the rely for my RFE, my AP was approved about 2-3 weeks later i think.

anyway, respond to the RFE ASAP though :)

oh, the AP and EAD is already included in the AOS process . Did you fill out the form I-131 when you sent in the AOS package?

if you file for the I-131(advance parole form) separately, it would be abother $300+ i thin, it's on the USCIS site.

But the AP and EAD is actually covered with the $1,010 provided you sent in the forms with it.

Luke 18:27 Jesus said" what is impossible to men is possible with God."

Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.

03/02/09-k-1 visa starts

09/09/09-K-1 visa approved

10/24/09 - WEDDING

11/09/09 - AOS

02/25/10-GC approved

08/26/10-319B n400 starts

11-09-10 Interview 10 AM >Approved

11-09-10 oath 2 PM Fairfax, VA

All glory, praises, thanksgiving and admiration belong only to God.

Jeremiah 29:11 "for i know the plans i have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you¬ harm you, plans to give you hope & a future"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

oh, the AP and EAD is already included in the AOS process . Did you fill out the form I-131 when you sent in the AOS package?

if you file for the I-131(advance parole form) separately, it would be abother $300+ i thin, it's on the USCIS site.

But the AP and EAD is actually covered with the $1,010 provided you sent in the forms with it.

I need to reply to this to make sure people know it's WRONG

Firstly the AP and EAD aren't "included" in the AOS process, if they're filed at the same time as, or before AOS is finalised, then the fees for them are waived.

If you have filed AOS but haven't have it approved yet, you CAN still file the EAD or AP. You would send it including a copy of the NOA1 from the AOS in order to have the fee waived. Once AOS has been approved, you can't apply for them but you're about the get the GC anyway so it doesn't matter.

Thanks for the info, unfortunately we have decide to cancel the AOS, now I need to find out how to do that and proceed we our new plans,

If this is something you've carefully considered - you could simply respond to the RFE with a letter explaining you guys wish to withdraw the I-485. (I would include both your NOA1 and the RFE notice with your letter.) Again - hopefully this is something you've carefully considered.

I need to reply to this to make sure people know it's WRONG

Firstly the AP and EAD aren't "included" in the AOS process, if they're filed at the same time as, or before AOS is finalised, then the fees for them are waived.

If you have filed AOS but haven't have it approved yet, you CAN still file the EAD or AP. You would send it including a copy of the NOA1 from the AOS in order to have the fee waived. Once AOS has been approved, you can't apply for them but you're about the get the GC anyway so it doesn't matter.

lol sorry about that.. I was talking about the fees.. I should've made the correct term waived lol thanks for correcting that info!

Luke 18:27 Jesus said" what is impossible to men is possible with God."

Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.

03/02/09-k-1 visa starts

09/09/09-K-1 visa approved

10/24/09 - WEDDING

11/09/09 - AOS

02/25/10-GC approved

08/26/10-319B n400 starts

11-09-10 Interview 10 AM >Approved

11-09-10 oath 2 PM Fairfax, VA

All glory, praises, thanksgiving and admiration belong only to God.

Jeremiah 29:11 "for i know the plans i have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you¬ harm you, plans to give you hope & a future"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.