17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

ok I'm doing the AOS. I had a few questions.

1. In the guide would the applicant by my wife?

2. What's the I-94? do I absolutely need one?

3. My wife doesn't have her birth certificate...can we use something else?

4. Can I give a xerox copy of the marriage certificate or do I have to order an original?

5. For the G-325A do I just send in the same one we used for our I-129F or what?

6. For the I-693 we don't have any proof or anything like that. I figured we would have enough proof considering that she's been here only about a month and a half. We'll fill out what we can but do we really need to go to a civil surgeon?

7. Can someone please review my cover sheet and tell me if it looks ok? it will be attached here. (for my security reasons I didn't put any of my personal information....just want a response on the format etc.)

sample AOS COVER.doc

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thread should be moved to AOS from Family Based Visas forum.

1. In the guide would the applicant by my wife? Yes.

2. What's the I-94? do I absolutely need one? It's the white piece of paper clipped inside your wife's passport upon entry.

3. My wife doesn't have her birth certificate...can we use something else? Do you have a copy of her birth certficate? That would do. Make sure you have an English copy of the birth certificate as well.

4. Can I give a xerox copy of the marriage certificate or do I have to order an original? Xerox a copy of the marriage certificate.

5. For the G-325A do I just send in the same one we used for our I-129F or what? Your wife needs to fill out a new one. This is a different petition.

6. For the I-693 we don't have any proof or anything like that. I figured we would have enough proof considering that she's been here only about a month and a half. We'll fill out what we can but do we really need to go to a civil surgeon? You need to go to a civil surgeon. If your wife entered the US on a K1 visa, her medical exam is good for a year starting from the date she had her visa medical exam on. If her medical exam is still valid, the civil surgeon will only need to transcribe her shots on form I-693. But you do need to go to a civil surgeon anyway.

7. Can someone please review my cover sheet and tell me if it looks ok? it will be attached here. (for my security reasons I didn't put any of my personal information....just want a response on the format etc.)

Here's my AOS cover letter for comparison:

June 9th, 2010

Aya XXXXX XXXXXXXXX,

XXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX rd,

XXXXX XXXXXXXXXX, XX, XXXXXX

Cover Letter for Adjustment of Status Application [Form I-485]

To Whom it May Concern;

I entered The United States of America on a K-1 visa on March 14th, 2010. My Port of Entry was Miami, Florida. I got married to my-now-husband, John XXXXXXXX, on May 3rd, 2010 (within the 90-day period).

I am enclosing to this packet; the following attachments:

1. Fee $1010 (personal check).

2. Photocopy of the Personal Check.

3. Form G-1145, signed and dated.

4. Form I-485, signed and dated.

5. Form G-325A, signed and dated.

6. 2 Passport-Style Photos.

7. USCIS Immigration Medical Examination in a Sealed Envelope.

8. Form I-693, signed and dated.

9. Form I-765, signed and dated.

10. Form I-131, signed and dated.

11. Cover Letter for Form I-131, signed and dated.

11. Photocopy of My Passport’s Biographical Page.

12. Photocopy of My Non-immigrant Visa.

13. Photocopy of My I-94 (front).

14. Photocopy of I-94 (back).

15. Photocopy of My Passport Stamps (2 pages).

16. Photocopy of My Birth Certificate in Arabic.

17. Photocopy of My Birth Certificate in English.

18. Photocopy of My Husband’s Passport’s Biographical Page.

19. Photocopy of My Husband’s Birth Certificate.

20. Photocopy of John and Aya XXXXXXXXX’s Copy of Marriage Certificate.

22. Photocopy of I-797C, First Notice of Action.

22. Photocopy of I-797, Second Notice of Action.

23. Form I-864, signed and dated by My Husband.

24. Photocopy of My Husband’s 2009 Tax Returns.

25. Photocopy of My Husband’s 2008 Tax Returns.

26. Photocopy of My Husband’s 2007 Tax Returns.

27. Form I-864, signed and dated by Joint Sponsor.

28. Photocopy of Joint Sponsor’s 2009 Tax Returns.

29. Photocopy of Joint Sponsor’s 2008 Tax Returns.

30. Photocopy of Joint Sponsor’s 2007 Tax Returns.

31. Photocopy of Letter from Social Security to Aya XXXXXXXX.

32. Photocopy of Letter for Aya XXXXXXXXX in the Mail.

33. Cover Letter from Grandparents-in-law.

35. Pictures of Aya and John XXXXXXXXX’s Marriage Ceremony.

Sincerely,

(Applican't Name)

N.B: You do NOT need evidence of your marriage/relationship in the AOS packet. The last 4 contents of my AOS packet are EXTRA.

Also, please read this thread: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/235331-aos-ead-ap-from-k1-the-aussie-way-doc-list-included/

Hope that helped! :thumbs:

Aya

Edited by Aya&John

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes the applicant is your wife, k! fiancee.

I-94 is a piece of paper attached to the passport upon entry in the US. Admission number needed for I-485 application.

I think copy of birth certificate is needed.

4. Can I give a xerox copy of the marriage certificate or do I have to order an original?

Copy is fine. Certified true copies are okay too.

5. For the G-325A do I just send in the same one we used for our I-129F or what?

Just follow what the guide says, not sure about this.

6. For the I-693 we don't have any proof or anything like that. I figured we would have enough proof considering that she's been here only about a month and a half. We'll fill out what we can but do we really need to go to a civil surgeon?

DS3025 proof of vaccination needed to transcribe the records to form I-693 by a civil surgeon.

Adjustment of Status

May 4, 2010 - Date Filed I-485,I-765,I-131

May 11, 2010 - NOA for I-485,I-765,I-131 May 17, 2010 - Biometrics appointment received in the mail

May 24, 2010 - Walk-in Biometrics successful (ASC Michigan City, IN)

June 1, 2010 - Case transferred to CSC

July 14, 2010 - EAD approved, for card production

July 19, 2010 - Received AP in the mail

July 21, 2010 - I-485 GC approved, for card production

July 26, 2010 - Welcome letter received

July 28, 2010 - EAD card received

July 31, 2010 - Greencard received

Removal of Conditions

May 7, 2012 - Date Filed I-751

May 9, 2012 - Date of NOA!

June 8, 2012 - Biometrics Schedule

Timeline

This is the content of my cover letter.

Contents include:

Check: Payment in the amount of $1,010.00

(Biometrics fee included)

I-485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS

• Copy of Form I-797C Notice of Action (K1 Approval Notice)
  • Copy of passport page with non-immigrant K1 visa
  • Copy of valid I-94 form (front and back)
  • Copy of passport's biographical page
  • Copy of passport's entry stamps
  • Certified True Copy of Marriage Certificate
  • Copy of Birth Certificate
  • G-325A Biographic Information Sheet (4 original copies)
  • Two (2) passport-type pictures (placed in a small plastic bag, labeled with name of intending immigrant & alien #)
  • I-693 Vaccination Supplement (Completed by a Civil Surgeon sealed in an envelope)
    ▪ Copy of DS-3025 Vaccination Documentation Worksheet

I-864 AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT

PETITIONER

• Copy of the Federal Income Tax Return for the year 2007-2009
  • Copy of W-2s for the year 2007-2009
  • Copy of Employment Letter

• Copy of Petitioner passport’s biographical page

I-765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT DOCUMENT

• Copy of passport’s biographical page
  • Copy of Form I-94 form (front & back)
  • Two (2) Passport-type photos

I-131 APPLICATION FOR TRAVEL DOCUMENT

• Explanation for Eligibility on a separate sheet dated & signed
  • Copy of passport’s biographical page
  • Copy of Form I-94 form (front & back)
  • Two (2) Passport-type photos

Goodluck :)

Adjustment of Status

May 11, 2010 - NOA for I-485,I-765,I-131 May 17, 2010 - Biometrics appointment received in the mail

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

If you don't have a copy of the birth certificate, then yes you absolutely NEED one.

As for the civil surgeon. You need to go to this LINK and enter your ZIP code to find a civil surgeon near you. Keep calling around for better prices. We paid 200 USD for the civil surgeon which was much.

Good luck!

Aya

ROC Timeline

Timeline

Wondering this thread has not been moved to the right forum yet...

ROC Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

1. In the guide would the applicant by my wife? - Whoever is the one applying to adjust their status is the applicant.

2. What's the I-94? do I absolutely need one? Yes. It's proof she entered legally. There's an example in the AOS thread in my signature. it's white and usually stapled to a passport page.

3. My wife doesn't have her birth certificate...can we use something else? What did she use for the K1? She needed one for that too, so what did she use?

4. Can I give a xerox copy of the marriage certificate or do I have to order an original? Yes photocopy is fine.

5. For the G-325A do I just send in the same one we used for our I-129F or what? No of course not. Because I assume she's since moved from filing the K1, and she's now married and not single, and she may have also stopped working in her home country.

6. For the I-693 we don't have any proof or anything like that. I figured we would have enough proof considering that she's been here only about a month and a half. We'll fill out what we can but do we really need to go to a civil surgeon? What proof are you talking about? I-693 are her immunisations. She should have got a copy of her DS-3025 Immunisation record from the panel physician in her home country, does she need any more shots?

7. Can someone please review my cover sheet and tell me if it looks ok? it will be attached here. (for my security reasons I didn't put any of my personal information....just want a response on the format etc.) Sure i'll look

Replies in red above.

**Edit - your cover letter looks nothing like a letter but I suppose yours is just a cover sheet. Examples of mine here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/235331-aos-ead-ap-from-k1-the-aussie-way-doc-list-included/page__view__findpost__p__3607999 Please also make sure to read the AOS thread in my signature.

Good luck

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Timeline

Replies in red above.

**Edit - your cover letter looks nothing like a letter but I suppose yours is just a cover sheet. Examples of mine here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/235331-aos-ead-ap-from-k1-the-aussie-way-doc-list-included/page__view__findpost__p__3607999 Please also make sure to read the AOS thread in my signature.

Good luck

As of question 3 goes she gave them the birth certificate but they never gave it back. She made a xerox of it though. is a xerox ok to use?

Question 6, she doesn't need anymore shots...we just found the DS-3025...is that all she needs and how many pages should the DS-3025 be?

Timeline

As of question 3 goes she gave them the birth certificate but they never gave it back. She made a xerox of it though. is a xerox ok to use?

Question 6, she doesn't need anymore shots...we just found the DS-3025...is that all she needs and how many pages should the DS-3025 be?

She just need to submit copy/xerox of her birth certificate.

Some get RFE by sending DS-3025 alone but some cases goes along well by just sending DS-3025. It's a gamble. I would suggest to let the DS-3025 transcribed to I-693 by designated civil surgeon to ensure you won't get RFE related to this matter.

Good luck!:thumbs:

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

She just need to submit copy/xerox of her birth certificate.

Some get RFE by sending DS-3025 alone but some cases goes along well by just sending DS-3025. It's a gamble. I would suggest to let the DS-3025 transcribed to I-693 by designated civil surgeon to ensure you won't get RFE related to this matter.

Good luck!:thumbs:

she also got a cd with her DS-3025. would this help reduce the risk of getting an RFE?

Timeline

she also got a cd with her DS-3025. would this help reduce the risk of getting an RFE?

The CD was her X-ray result. It bear no value because they don't consider reading the result of that CD. You don't need to submit it with the AOS package, its not needed.

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

A photocopy is fine. She should try and get the original back if she has an interview so take an extra copy or two just in case.

You might not THINK she needs shots but she might. Personally I KNOW I didn't, 100% knew but my doc ticked the wrong box on the DS-3025 so I ended up seeing a CS anyway. Cost me $50 but I liked the piece of mind anyway.. I don't want an RFE, I just don't want more delays.

Timeline

A photocopy is fine. She should try and get the original back if she has an interview so take an extra copy or two just in case.

You might not THINK she needs shots but she might. Personally I KNOW I didn't, 100% knew but my doc ticked the wrong box on the DS-3025 so I ended up seeing a CS anyway. Cost me $50 but I liked the piece of mind anyway.. I don't want an RFE, I just don't want more delays.

is there a website I where I can locate my local CS?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.