KINGDAN

REALLY NEED HELP

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline

This is my story my mother a usc filed i-130 in 2003 for me and my daughter, in 2005 my case went to the nvc and in 2010 adjusted my status and now a permanent resident since 05-04-2010 and i still have not received any info about my daughter who is still in my country, so i contacted nvc and said i should contact uscis but my case is finished at uscis, anyone with this experience please help.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

This is my story my mother a usc filed i-130 in 2003 for me and my daughter, in 2005 my case went to the nvc and in 2010 adjusted my status and now a permanent resident since 05-04-2010 and i still have not received any info about my daughter who is still in my country, so i contacted nvc and said i should contact uscis but my case is finished at uscis, anyone with this experience please help.

there's something I don't understand, she should have had the interview with you and receive the GC at the same time. or was she denied because she turned 21?

we need more information on what happened to her, since she should have gotten her GC with you and both come here. she was a derivative of your petition, so if you were approved, why wasn't she?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

So if I understand this right, you were in the USA at the time your priority date became current, and so simply adjusted status, but your daughter was still in your home country and so would have needed an interview at the embassy, but this has not happened?

If so, it may be an oversight by USCIS or a confusion with addresses, have you contacted USCIS and/ or the embassy to enquire what is happening with the case?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

That is correct i contacted uscis by phone and they did not know what i was talking about they said if i got my gc my case is finished with them, so i contacted nvc by phone they said to send copies of my documents gc etc.etc which i did ( i already paid all the nvc fees for her $70/$400) they said my case was returned to uscis and further inquiries should be directed to cis (uscis) so i schedule an infopass.

what do u think?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

That is correct i contacted uscis by phone and they did not know what i was talking about they said if i got my gc my case is finished with them, so i contacted nvc by phone they said to send copies of my documents gc etc.etc which i did ( i already paid all the nvc fees for her $70/$400) they said my case was returned to uscis and further inquiries should be directed to cis (uscis) so i schedule an infopass.

what do u think?

did you ever file an I824 for your daughter before you paid the fees, to transfer the case to NVC, together with the i130 of your mom and your Gc?

Timeline

MY ORIGINAL I-130 WAS FOR COUNSLER PROCESSING BECAUSE I WAS GOING BACK HOME TO DO IT, THEN A LAWYER TOLD ME THAT WAS A BAD IDEA BECAUSE I WOULD BE BARRED FOR OVERSTAY SO I ADJUSTED MY STATUS

Timeline

MY MOTHER A US CITIZEN FILED i-130 FOR ME AND MY DAUGHTER 5YO AT THE TIME (F1)IN 2003 FOR CONSULAR PROCESSING, MY PRIORITY DATE BECAME CURRENT IN 2009,MY DAUGHTER IS STILL ON MY PETITION AT NVC SO I PAID THE FEES FOR HER $70/$400 NOW SHE IS NOT ELIDGABLE FOR FURTHER PROCESSING BECAUSE SHE HAS TO WAIT FOR MY CASE TO BE FINISHED, BEFORE THAT I WAS ADVISED NOT TO RETURN TO MY COUNTRY FOR COUNSLER PROCESSING BECAUSE I WOULD BE BARRED FOR OVERSTAY, SO I ADJUSTED MY STATUS MY CASE IN NOW COMPLETED AND NOW A PERMANENT RESIDENT SINCE 05/04/2010, I HAVE NOT HEARD ANY THING ABOUT MY DAUGHTER'S CASE WHO IS STILL IN MY COUNTRY,SO I WROTE TO NVC WITH COPIES OF MY GREEN CARD AND APPROVED PETITIONS,THEY SAID MY CASE IS STILL AT USCIS AND SHOULD FURTHER ALL INQUIRIES THERE SHOULD I GET AN INFOPASS,DO I NEED TO FILL OUT I-824 OR IS IT JUST AN OVERSIGHT?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Six duplicates of the original thread or variations of it have been removed.

To KINGDAN - DO NOT START additional threads to ask exactly the same question, especially in forums that do not relate to the subject matter. This is the correct forum. I have merged the remaining duplicate threads from this forum into one location. Continue the discussion in this location only as new ones started any where else, including here, will be removed.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.