I AM NOT THAT GUY

The McChrystal affair has revived doubts about Barack Obama's qualities as a war president

70 posts in this topic

it's not about supporting it, i'm telling you what i've seen in my 45+ years of being around the military (18 years as a military brat, 20 years active duty, 10 years retired and working around the military).

generally speaking, the perception within the military is that the republicans tend to take care of the military better than the democrats. during my 20 years, i did see more pay raises when a republican president was in office than when a democrat one was. i also saw the "hollow army" that carter gave us, which i've mentioned several times, in that my first duty assignment had more vehicles than people in it.

but i'm sure you know better about everything anyways.

I guess you can not even see how what you have outlined here is not in the same as what was said in the post I objected to? No, I know you can't.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I guess you can not even see how what you have outlined here is not in the same as what was said in the post I objected to? No, I know you can't.

once again, you have a reading comprehension fail. you carry on about notions, i provide ground truth.

for an example of why the military doesn't trust democrats too much, find out who bragged about an outhouse couldn't be bombed without his permission.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

once again, you have a reading comprehension fail. you carry on about notions, i provide ground truth.

for an example of why the military doesn't trust democrats too much, find out who bragged about an outhouse couldn't be bombed without his permission.

an outhouse couldn't be bombed without his permission. :wow::rofl:

Timeline

an outhouse couldn't be bombed without his permission. :wow::rofl:

President Johnson boasted that our military couldn't bomb a viet outhouse without his permission.

link

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

You have the comprehension skills of a gnat. I said that if the military supported GOP presidents, but not Democrat ones as a matter of course, then the US was always only a hairs breath away from a right wing military dictatorship, which is an incredibly dangerous and politically unbalanced position for the US to be in. I then suggested that I doubted that this was really true, despite the individual political beliefs of individuals within the military, particularly the military leadership. I also suggested that if I am wrong, and it is true, then the notion that Obama is similar to Hitler is even more ridiculous than if the latter where true. I also suggested that the majority of the military (enlisted men, and lower rungs of the command structure) have no specific party political affiliation and further that it is entirely offensive to suggest that virtually no one who has some leanings in a Democratic direction would ever enlist, furthering this pathetic idea that only GOP supporters are true patriots.

Now that you understand what I have said, do you still believe your post contributed anything? Oh, that's a rhetorical question by the way, because I know you still have no idea what I am saying and can not wait to remind everyone how I have never been in the military so how can I possibly know anything about anything, whereas you are an absolute expert.

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline

You have the comprehension skills of a gnat. I said that if the military supported GOP presidents, but not Democrat ones as a matter of course, then the US was always only a hairs breath away from a right wing military dictatorship, which is an incredibly dangerous and politically unbalanced position for the US to be in. I then suggested that I doubted that this was really true, despite the individual political beliefs of individuals within the military, particularly the military leadership. I also suggested that if I am wrong, and it is true, then the notion that Obama is similar to Hitler is even more ridiculous than if the latter where true. I also suggested that the majority of the military (enlisted men, and lower rungs of the command structure) have no specific party political affiliation and further that it is entirely offensive to suggest that virtually no one who has some leanings in a Democratic direction would ever enlist, furthering this pathetic idea that only GOP supporters are true patriots.

Now that you understand what I have said, do you still believe your post contributed anything? Oh, that's a rhetorical question by the way, because I know you still have no idea what I am saying and can not wait to remind everyone how I have never been in the military so how can I possibly know anything about anything, whereas you are an absolute expert.

that in bold has been addressed already. that which is underlined is your theory, so feel free to run with it since you seem to have a bee in your bonnet about it. it is rather amusing you draw those conclusions and from what that is based on is anyone's guess. care to enlighten us as to how you arrived at those conclusions underlined?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Care to provide statistics that prove that the majority of enlisted men are card carrying members of the GOP?

You know what just do not even bother Charles, you just have no clue and I can not be bothered to continue this.

Filed: Timeline

McCrystal reportedly voted for Obama. Guess the Generals are the commies while the rank and file a red blooded Republicans...

Yep. Total sycophant. McChrystal sold Obama on the idea that he could engage a major offensive (surge) with minimal collateral damage and loss of civilian lives. Petraeus wants something a little more aggressive. You have to wonder how such a loyal staff could have torpedoed the outgoing general so thoroughly, just to prove a point. :whistle:

When I was a platoon leader, my squad leaders were always reminding me, "Sir, just remember who the enemy is." :lol:

Timeline

Care to provide statistics that prove that the majority of enlisted men are card carrying members of the GOP?

i don't believe i said that. and what i did say was quite clear, and based on personal experience. something you're lacking in this discussion.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

only 939 more days and Obama is out :thumbs:

Maybe. He was of course NEVER going to be in in the first place. Run Palin!

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Oh, it's perfectly ok to do that if your boss is a **, but woe betide he's a Conservative, the price for that transgression does not even bear thinking about.

It is ridiculous and a dsigrace, if true, that the armed forces only respect Conservative head's of state/Commander in Cheif, the armed forces are not meant to support any party political ideology, if it does, that is dangerous territory.

McChrystal voted for Obama.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

McCrystal reportedly voted for Obama. Guess the Generals are the commies while the rank and file a red blooded Republicans...

Alot of us did.

And I have stated before.

I am SORRY and feel ASHAMED that I did.

I can not speak for the other Democrats that did voe for him but the polls at this time are reflecting that the people are feeling as I do.

McChrystal just spoke out in the wrong way.

The only intelligent thing Obama did for the war was to put experience in to command; but this was only for show the moment they started to lead he through the choke hold on them. Now when they speak out (I understand in the wrong way) against his poor qualities and the failures he causing he gets rid of them.

DO NOT QUESTION THE AUTHORITY OF THE ALMIGHTY, THE ALL KNOWING, THE ALL POWERFUL.....OBAMA!!!!

OR

Thou shalt be Struck down. ..Obama verse 1:1 of the "New and Improved Holy Bible"

Edited by evli1966