Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Can I get a I-551 stamp?

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia

You will need to make an infopass appointment unless you have an AP document, at which stage you can just have someone check your mail and forward you the greencard when it arrives.

** moved from "Adjustment of Status (Green Card) from Family Based Visas" to "Adjustment of Status from Work, Student, & Tourist Visas" as you are adjusting from an J1 visa (while you applied for an F1 it wasn't approved so you AOSd from a J1) and the prior forum is for K1, K2, K3 & K4**

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I do have an AP. I'm just really freaked out about leaving without my GC, but I guess my husband can mail it to me when it gets here.

Would they still stamp my passport though if I made an infopass appointment?

Yes, they will stamp your passport as you are approved and received welcome letter which makes your AP invalid.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...