whitepearl

divorce....calling 911

44 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

hi,i got a concern now coz my husband and his family is sending me home without my consent...our marriage is not in good faith, he's having an affair with other woman and its like they are throwing me up...they took all the paper works from me ,the mariage license,they cut my phone,accounts, and all the paper works...and even my conditional green card,but i dont give it to them...we ended up calling 911 becaus they're chasing me already...would u think i can still file for a removal of condition?what are the documents i will be needing?...how will i use the waiver in the removal of conition?

thank you so much in advance

Go to a women's shelter, and also contact the Catholic Charities nearest you. Catholic Charities has an immigration staff that will help you with removal of conditions. The women's shelter will help you get legal help to file for divorce as soon as possible,and also how to get your papers back. Don't delay!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

should i be the one to file the divorce or just wait for him to do it?... i am afraid too that his mom will mess up my social security,because the mom already call my work this morning and tell my employer that i already move to other state...i am planning to get restraining order from the court to protect myself from them,would this be a good move?

Oh, my! I am so sorry you are going through all these. No, do not wait, get a divorce, NOW. And get out of there, pronto!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

that is rather sad.. seeing that u've only been married for 9 months and he's been already cheating..

what a strange family they have... :hehe:

i am just wondering.. are u worried about how to get a divorce or how to stay in the country?

IR-5 Petition Parent (this is going to be a long journey)

02.12.2018 - I130 form sent (via USPS) 

02.21.2018 - I130 form delivered (via USPS) mail shipment delayed delivery

02.23.2018 - NOA1 Date 

02.24.2018 - Text Notification received 

03.05.2018 - NOA1 Received

10.05.2018 - NOA2 Received (NOA date 10.02.2018) -- Petition approved.  Petition sent to NVC in Portsmouth, NH  

Something similar is happening to me - my husband was arrested for domestic assault and since then he's cleared the bank accounts and stopped paying rent and utilities to force me and our baby out of the apartment. I went to a domestic abuse shelter and they helped me file a protection order. I advise you to do the same. It'll stop him and his family from trying to control you and it'll give you some documentation to file alone under the abuse category. They also helped me with divorce paperwork.

March 2005 - Met in Japan

5 August 2006 - Married in Iowa

September 2006 - Military paperwork filed

5 June 2007 - I130 sent

29 June 2007 - NOA1

05 July 2007 - NOA2

07 July 2007 - touched

23 July 2007 - NVC assigns case no

25 July 2007 - Choice of agent form recieved and sent

23 August 2007 - IV bill (says it was generated August 6th but only just recieved it.....)

4 November 2007 - I-864 recieved and sent back. Message says DS-230 has been sent (grrr to postal strike!)

15 November 2007 - DS-230 finally recieved!

11 Jan 2008 - Interview letter recieved from embassy

06 Feb 2008 - Inverview and medical - paperwork incomplete

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

First, Your marriage was in good Faith. Its just that your husband didn't turn out to be the faithful kind. Keep all your papers safe. Gather any form of evidence regarding your hardship in this marriage as proof will be required that you have been subject to domestic violence. Keep track of the account closures, Credit cards cancellations and any such matter that can prove you were the victim. What happened when you called 911? DId they make a report? If so, then you need to get a copy of that. Yes, you can file for removal of conditions seperately but have to prove that you marriage was in good faith. Unfortunately it didn't last long.

Good Luck and sorry to hear about your situation. Preferably, I would hire the services of an attorney.

IR5 For Parent

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

thank you for all the advices, right now i would go to catholic charities...as part of it i move to other state where i can be safe...i only have joint account and phone bills,and the utility bills is on his hand,and other paper works, so i dont have a copy of it..when i call the 911, the police just asked me if i have the green card and if i am legal...

its not only the paper that is important to me but my reputation that they destroyed,especially the mom that keeps on tellin other people that im like this and that...it was a nightmare...

thank you for all the replies...

Timeline

good -- you'll find help at Catholic Charities. Moving to another state may not be the best step as far as keeping legal matters as simple as possible but they'll advise you

hi,i got a concern now coz my husband and his family is sending me home without my consent...our marriage is not in good faith, he's having an affair with other woman and its like they are throwing me up...they took all the paper works from me ,the mariage license,they cut my phone,accounts, and all the paper works...and even my conditional green card,but i dont give it to them...we ended up calling 911 becaus they're chasing me already...would u think i can still file for a removal of condition?what are the documents i will be needing?...how will i use the waiver in the removal of conition?

thank you so much in advance

Call the National Domestic Violence Hotline 1-800-799-7233

These guys can help you in the right direction. This husband is a monster and his family is trash.

1. Get a restraining order on this guy. Press charges when asked by the police

2. Call the number above

3. Talk to a divorce lawyer

4. Talk to an immigration lawyer

5. Apply for public assistance, you will qualify and you don't have to live in that terrible household

6. Have a good life, and trust me there are good men here in the US.

Something similar is happening to me - my husband was arrested for domestic assault and since then he's cleared the bank accounts and stopped paying rent and utilities to force me and our baby out of the apartment. I went to a domestic abuse shelter and they helped me file a protection order. I advise you to do the same. It'll stop him and his family from trying to control you and it'll give you some documentation to file alone under the abuse category. They also helped me with divorce paperwork.

thank you for all the advices, right now i would go to catholic charities...as part of it i move to other state where i can be safe...i only have joint account and phone bills,and the utility bills is on his hand,and other paper works, so i dont have a copy of it..when i call the 911, the police just asked me if i have the green card and if i am legal...

its not only the paper that is important to me but my reputation that they destroyed,especially the mom that keeps on tellin other people that im like this and that...it was a nightmare...

thank you for all the replies...

Call the National Domestic Violence Hotline 1-800-799-7233

These guys can help you in the right direction. This husband is a monster and his family is trash.

1. Get a restraining order on this guy. Press charges when asked by the police

2. Call the number above

3. Talk to a divorce lawyer

4. Talk to an immigration lawyer

5. Apply for public assistance, you will qualify and you don't have to live in that terrible household

6. Have a good life, and trust me there are good men here in the US.

I am sorry to hear you are having problems you are not alone. You have good advice here. talk to a lawyer before you leave the state. You will have to get the protection order before you leave. If you contact the local crisis helpine, or even your local helpline, they will help you get the protection order and recover the documents that they are holding. Please do not do anything before contacting an immigration lawyer, the shelter will help you with this also. Call the police and tell them you want to leave, but they are withholding your documents.

Immigration dont care who filed for divorce. You do not need to have the divorce before filing for waiver. A good immigration lawyer will guide through the process. Catholic Charities will provide divorce & immigration lawyer. The sheler will help you with pro bono lawyers and help you get you life back on track.

It is not ok to let them do this to you. Please let us know when you are safe.

I feel Good...........like the moon is shining just for me!

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

Eligible in November 2012

Timeline

I am sorry to hear you are having problems you are not alone. You have good advice here. talk to a lawyer before you leave the state. You will have to get the protection order before you leave. If you contact the local crisis helpine, or even your local helpline, they will help you get the protection order and recover the documents that they are holding. Please do not do anything before contacting an immigration lawyer, the shelter will help you with this also. Call the police and tell them you want to leave, but they are withholding your documents.

Immigration dont care who filed for divorce. You do not need to have the divorce before filing for waiver. A good immigration lawyer will guide through the process. Catholic Charities will provide divorce & immigration lawyer. The sheler will help you with pro bono lawyers and help you get you life back on track.

It is not ok to let them do this to you. Please let us know when you are safe.

Catholic Charities will not become involved in advising on divorces.

Catholic Charities will not become involved in advising on divorces.

NO PROBLEM. Once you are being sheltered, you will have access to the legal help you need. The shelter will have a curfew but it is for your protection. You will also have a caseworker and a counsellor that will work with you. I wish you the best.

I feel Good...........like the moon is shining just for me!

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

Eligible in November 2012

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

what kind of waiver is it?is it the waiver that i can use in my removal of condition?...i was planning to wait for him to divorce, would that be good idea?i already called the catholic charities but the person concern in immigration is on vacation, i feel much more safe now, i move out the state and stay with relatives....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

timing is an issue, reread my post here in yer topic about it ?

as for 'the waiver' - is a written letter, requesting the waiver of 'current marriage requirement'.

Also -

I suggest YOU file the divorce, instead of HIM filing the divorce.

He/She who FILES the divorce, controls the process.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

what kind of waiver is it?is it the waiver that i can use in my removal of condition?...i was planning to wait for him to divorce, would that be good idea?i already called the catholic charities but the person concern in immigration is on vacation, i feel much more safe now, i move out the state and stay with relatives....

Did you get your green card back and were you able to gather any paperwork or police reports from the 911 call?

I-751 Timeline

ROC sent 6-12-2010

Package received by CSC 6-14-2010

NOA sent 6-14-2010

Check Cashed 6-16-2010

NOA received 6-21-2010

Biometrics letter received 7-6-2010 dated 7-01-2010

Biometrics appointment 7-23-2010

Touched 7-23-2010

Touched 7-26-2010

Interview letter recieved 10-13-2010

Interview date 11-5-2010

Approved and approval letter given at interview 11-5-2010

Waiting on card now

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.