Tunaa

Why Vermont?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Norway
Timeline

Me and my fiance are filing for a fiance visa.

My fiance lives in Dallas, Texas, but our case is being processed in the Vermont office. Why is this?

Looking at the number of cases, I see that there are a lot more processed in Vermont than in Texas. Wouldn't this mean that Texas would be faster to get it approved? How do they decide where to process your case?

On the USCIS website it says our application was recieved on June 2nd. Still says initial interview.

How long should I espect until we get out NOA2 approved?

129f sent May 29th 2010

NOA1 date June 2nd 2010

NOA2 date June 24th 2010 (!!!)

NVC June 29th 2010

Embassy July 1st 2010

Packet 3 July 3rd 2010

Packet 3 returned and interview scheduled July 7th 2010

Medical July 12th 2010

Interview July 28th 2010 - APPROVED

Moved August 7th

Married October 23rd

-

AOS + EAD + AP sent 24th of February

EAD + AP approved April 21st, card received May 5th

AOS approved May 2nd, card received May 7th

NO INTERVIEW!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My fiance lives in Dallas, Texas, but our case is being processed in the Vermont office. Why is this?

Looking at the number of cases, I see that there are a lot more processed in Vermont than in Texas. Wouldn't this mean that Texas would be faster to get it approved? How do they decide where to process your case?

On the USCIS website it says our application was recieved on June 2nd. Still says initial interview.

From my understanding the only two Service Centers that process 129-f petitions are California and Vermont. I could be wrong, but I believe that is why your case was sent to Vermont.

From what I have seen you are looking at 2 to 3 months for an approval, but it can take as long as 5 to 6 months...Good Luck

Edited by Matt&Kaci

09-21-2009 - Met for the first time

10-31-2009 - Visited for 5 days

12-30-2009 - visited for 11 days (informal engagement)

1-13-2010 - Mailed I129F Petition

1-15-2010 - Recieved NOA1

1-21-2010 - Touched

3-09-2010 - visiting for 6 days

3-12-2010 - Formal Engagement in Ochee

4-20-2010 - Recieved NOA2 (no previous touches)

4-22-2010 - NVC Recieved my Petition, Assigned New Case#

4-23-2010 - Case leaving NVC (have DHL tracking# so I can follow case to Kingston)

4-23-2010 - Recieved NOA2 (hard copy) in the mail

4-26-2010 - Kingston Embassy Recieved Petition (signed by Mr. Morgan)

4-25-2010 - visiting for 5 days

4-30-2010 - Kingston Embassy mailed out Packet# 3

5-3-2010 - E-Mailed Kingston Embassy DS-230

5-4-2010 - Embassy e-mailed interview date

5-26-2010 - Medical

6-6-2010 - Flying down for interview

6-8-2010 - INTERVIEW...APPROVED!!!!

6-23-2010 - VISA RECIEVED!!!

6-27-2010 - Flying down to Jamaica

06-30-2010 - POE (JFK)

09-25-2010 - WEDDING!!!

event.png

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Because that's where I-129F cases from Texas petitioners are processed.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Because that's where I-129F cases from Texas petitioners are processed.

Since when? AFAIK it is still only VSC & CSC

YMMV

Timeline

Since when? AFAIK it is still only VSC & CSC

Question was "Why Vermont, not Texas?" Answer is, "Because that's where I-129F petitions from Texas get processed."

Vermont = VSC

Funny thing is that soon, the mailing instructions will be to Texas again, through a lock box and on to VSC or CSC after "intake".

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Question was "Why Vermont, not Texas?" Answer is, "Because that's where I-129F petitions from Texas get processed."

Vermont = VSC

Funny thing is that soon, the mailing instructions will be to Texas again, through a lock box and on to VSC or CSC after "intake".

I read that post three times and still missed that question written that way...

YMMV

Timeline

I read that post three times and still missed that question written that way...

I read the subject line.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

ah sweetty if you are waiting for vermont, you maybe waiting for a minute, i been waiting since feb 17 and i am also from Dallas TX, they seem to take their sweet time readin our emails or i dont know #######, but there is alot of us on the waitting list from january and febuary, so just hold on thigh

Timeline

i m confused my fiance is from Pa and we send the visa stuf at vermont and they moved us to texas center....

Are you sure? Texas has not done I-129F's for years...

YMMV

i m sure i was in sock because we sent the papers and after 11 days they sent them back because we in t sign a fosrn and theyv were saing that we need to send the papers to texas because vermont is to busy and the moved us to texas...i post here to ask to but nobady helped me

If God is for us, who can be against us." Romans 8:31

Timeline

i m sure i was in sock because we sent the papers and after 11 days they sent them back because we in t sign a fosrn and theyv were saing that we need to send the papers to texas because vermont is to busy and the moved us to texas...i post here to ask to but nobady helped me

They are now sending I-129F petitions to a center in Texas for "intake". After intake, they will still go to Vermont or California. Soon the instructions will be updated so petitions are mailed directly to a Texas address but the case numbers and actual processing after intake will be in Vermont or California.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.