Alektra

Waiting for Work permit after Biometrics.

10 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello my lovely people..

I have a question for anyone that has experienced what I am going through right now...

I have just gotten my biometrics taken here in Jacksonville FL, and I filled my AOS

to Chicago..

Does anyone know how long it usually takes to receive anything after the Biometrics?

I am thinking here that I should be expecting my Work Permit, but I am not sure what to expect,

and what worse than that, "HOW LONG TO WAIT" for anything...

How long does it usually take to receive something after the Biometrics?

I know you all have gone through this, but I am just home all the time and I can't work..

Please, help me by telling me how long does it usually take to receive everything up until the Greencard..

Thank you so very much, I love you all..

May God Bless you... (F)

-Alektra

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello my lovely people..

I have a question for anyone that has experienced what I am going through right now...

I have just gotten my biometrics taken here in Jacksonville FL, and I filled my AOS

to Chicago..

Does anyone know how long it usually takes to receive anything after the Biometrics?

I am thinking here that I should be expecting my Work Permit, but I am not sure what to expect,

and what worse than that, "HOW LONG TO WAIT" for anything...

How long does it usually take to receive something after the Biometrics?

I know you all have gone through this, but I am just home all the time and I can't work..

Please, help me by telling me how long does it usually take to receive everything up until the Greencard..

Thank you so very much, I love you all..

May God Bless you... (F)

-Alektra

In our case, it was a little more than a month for approval after biometrics. Then we received the card shortly after that. Good luck!

event.png

Each case may be different and also depends whether your case was transfer to CSC or not, even this may not have a much greater effect on your timing. In theory, after biometrics you are closer to the last steps but it could take from a month or 2, we all hope in receiving at least the AP/EAD a couple of weeks after biometrics but as I said before, is different for everybody. In my wife's case, she never got her AP or EAD until after she received her GC.

Read closer the your month trade and that will give you a much better idea since you will see other peoples cases that have file at the same time..

Good luck

Edited by DoneWaiting

"Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all. Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity. It is right and it is duty." -- NAPF page on Oscar Romero

Wife'sTime Line My link

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

I received my interview notice 2 weeks after biometrics. My EAD was approved exactly 1 month after biometrics, but I received the actual card after 6 weeks.

Check your status online to see how it's moving once a weee; usually you get updates the day of biometrics and the day after or just the day after.

Good luck!

event.png

AOS Journey

Marriage: 2010-03-06

Date Filed: 2010-03-23

NOA: 2010-04-02 (via texts and emails)+check cashed

NOA1 in the mail: 2010-04-07

Bio Appointment letter: 04/29 (FINALLY!!!!)

Bio Appointment: scheduled 05/24, walk-in on 05/03, yay!

**Touch on AOS and EAD: 05/03 and 05/04

Interview notice: 05/14, dated 05/11. It's for 06/17

EAD and AP approved: 06/03

**Touch on EAD and AP: 06/04

**Touch on AP: 06/07

**Touch on EAD and 2nd card production ordered: 06/08

**Touch on EAD: 06/09

AP received: 06/09

**Touch on EAD: 06/11. 3rd approval email received!

EAD received: 06/11 step 2 of 3 completed!

Interview scheduled: 06/17 @ 915 am APPROVED and card production ordered same day!!!!

Welcome letter received:06/21

2nd email Green Card production ordered:06/22

**Touch on AOS:06/23

3rd email received, blue dot went to post decision: 06/30

Tik tok tik tok....GREEN CARD IN HAND: 07/02!!!!!Less than a year since filing for the k1!

K1 Journey

I-129F Sent: 2009-08-12

I-129F NOA1: 2009-08-14

I-129F NOA2: 2009-10-29

Packet 3 Received: 2009-11-17

Interview: 2010-02-16, approved, visa the same day!

POE: 2010-03-03 @ LAX

Timeline

Each case may be different and also depends whether your case was transfer to CSC or not, even this may not have a much greater effect on your timing. In theory, after biometrics you are closer to the last steps but it could take from a month or 2, we all hope in receiving at least the AP/EAD a couple of weeks after biometrics but as I said before, is different for everybody. In my wife's case, she never got her AP or EAD until after she received her GC.

Read closer the your month trade and that will give you a much better idea since you will see other peoples cases that have file at the same time..

Good luck

Thank you very much for the information you provided me, it makes me feel better about the timing of all this.

I am just not patient at all, I haven't been back home it's been 6 years, and I miss it very much, I am counting down these

3 months.

I have a question to you..

You and your wife never went for an interview? Because as I was analyzing your timeline I never saw an interview date on it.

I wish you the best of all, thank you so much!

-Alektra

Timeline

I received my interview notice 2 weeks after biometrics. My EAD was approved exactly 1 month after biometrics, but I received the actual card after 6 weeks.

Check your status online to see how it's moving once a weee; usually you get updates the day of biometrics and the day after or just the day after.

Good luck!

Thank you so much for the information!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't tell you how much better I feel!!

Grazie!

-Alektra

In our case, it was a little more than a month for approval after biometrics. Then we received the card shortly after that. Good luck!

Thank you very much!!! = )

Thank you very much for the information you provided me, it makes me feel better about the timing of all this.

I am just not patient at all, I haven't been back home it's been 6 years, and I miss it very much, I am counting down these

3 months.

I have a question to you..

You and your wife never went for an interview? Because as I was analyzing your timeline I never saw an interview date on it.

I wish you the best of all, thank you so much!

-Alektra

No, her case was transfer to CSC.. when cases are transfer there, most likely no interview will be necessary unless they request it and case is return to the local office..

We filed in February and the waiting was incredible.. The online service is not of much help, is not updated periodically and doesnt give you a clear idea of the current status.. We didn't get a lot of updates and until today, the AP and EAD in the system still shows as review..

In any event, waiting is the name of the game.. but you are getting closer to the end.. Enjoy your trip back to your home country, I am sure is more than rewarding for your.. I will be there in August too...

Take Care and Many Blessings

Edited by DoneWaiting

"Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all. Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity. It is right and it is duty." -- NAPF page on Oscar Romero

Wife'sTime Line My link

• 8 years later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 9:19 PM, Vman9 said:

hi to all of you...

i did my biometrics April 10, 2018 from that time till now i just home waiting for my work permit... can someone please why it is taken long???

I definitely would not compare current timeframes to timeframes from 2010, which is when this thread and original posts are from.

Right now, it's taking around 6 months for most EADs/APs to be approved after AOS NOA1. Green card is much longer. There have been some cases processing much faster, and a few here and there were the green card is issued before EAD/AP even is received, but that doesn't seem to happen often.

If you fill in your timeline, it should give you an estimated time for adjudication of your EAD/AP based on your application dates and current processing times.

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.