Eric & Lizeth

Packet 4 (but no packet 3)?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bolivia
Timeline

Today I received an e-mail from the Consulate in Boliva, with the news that my fiancee's interview has been scheduled! Attached to the email was the Packet 4 instructions of what forms are needed, etc.

I've read a lot of postings regarding "Packet 3" but I never received anything like that. I received my NOA2 from USCIS stating that everything was being handed over to the NVC but it looks as though the Embassy in Bolivia has received our packet. Did something get crossed in the mail? What exactly is the "Packet 3" or is this one of those things that varies from country to country?

I also have one more question...

In the instructions that I received it said to have the visa fee in hand on the day of the interview. I thought I read somewhere that this is a fee that is usually paid to a local bank in exchange for some type of receipt of payment. My fiancee is excited as all get out but I'm the one that's making sure that all the steps are being completed correctly. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

b935d5d962.png

K-1 TIMELINE

Feb 22, 2010 - I-129F sent to Vermont

Mar 03, 2010 - Arrived at CSC

Mar 08, 2010 - NOA-1

Mar 09, 2010 - Touched

May 25, 2010 - NOA2 (Approved in 83 days from NOA1 date)

Jun 17, 2010 - Packet 4

Jun 30, 2010 - Medicals & Vaccinations

Jul 15, 2010 - Interview Date (221g "Pending Approval-Police Certificate)

Sep 15, 2010 - Visa adjudicated, printed, & Mailed via DHL

Sep 17, 2010 - Visa pick-up date

?? - POE USA

?? - Apply for SSN

?? - Marriage

?? - Start AOS process

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Today I received an e-mail from the Consulate in Boliva, with the news that my fiancee's interview has been scheduled! Attached to the email was the Packet 4 instructions of what forms are needed, etc.

I've read a lot of postings regarding "Packet 3" but I never received anything like that. I received my NOA2 from USCIS stating that everything was being handed over to the NVC but it looks as though the Embassy in Bolivia has received our packet. Did something get crossed in the mail? What exactly is the "Packet 3" or is this one of those things that varies from country to country?

I also have one more question...

In the instructions that I received it said to have the visa fee in hand on the day of the interview. I thought I read somewhere that this is a fee that is usually paid to a local bank in exchange for some type of receipt of payment. My fiancee is excited as all get out but I'm the one that's making sure that all the steps are being completed correctly. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

not every consulate follows exactly the "packet" system... some combine them into one

moving to consulate forum

US Embassy and Consulate Discussion

This is the place to post your experiences or questions related to this last step before moving to the US. Topics relating to I-134's, packets sent from consulate and medical & police certificates should be posted here.

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

The process is definitely dependent on the country and/or Embassy/Consulate. You might want to check the web site of the Embassy for Bolivia to see if Packet 3 is listed on their web site if you have not already done so.

The fee should be taken to the Embassy as they instructed. Many Embassies/Consulates do not handle cash or fees and have arrangements with a bank or the Post Office system to manage collection of the ffes. It would seem Bolivia does not.

Good luck.

Naturalization N-400

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

There's some info on the portal page - have you looked at it ?

Even if it's old and outdated - will have the US Embassy link in it, and you can review US Embassy web site for 'current info' on the K-1 visa application process.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Had my interview at the La Paz Embassy, no packet 3 either.

The Consular section sent an e-mail to us (packet 4) with all the instructions and documents we needed to send before the interview.

We sent the documents before the appointment date and the consular section sent another e-mail with a list of other docs they wanted me to take for the interview.

About the visa fee, I paid it the day of the interview at the embassy.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.