Tampeno

translations

35 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

for the i-129f do you have to translate everything? because my fiance divorce certificated is in spanish same her birth certificate and her 3 daughters thats a lot in translations do you really have to do it or send it as it is in spanish

anything submitted in a foreign language to the USCIS that you wish to use as evidence or as a required document MUST be accompanied by an English translation. If you submit something without a translation you might as well not submit it at all because it will be ignored....

FWIW, your fiancee's BC and the BC's for the kids are NOT required documents for the I-129F

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

what about this..................Do I need documents translated into english for the K1 application?"

A..On the checklist the K-1 fiance/e receives it states that English or the native language where the consulate is located is acceptable. If the Consulate *must* have english translations, it will be stated on the checklist.

While the translation of documents may not be required for the K-1 visa, the translation of foreign language documents WILL be required for adjustment of status. If your language is different from English, I would tactfully suggest that the foreign fiance get translations *prior* to entering the US on the k-1 visa.

Timeline

what about this..................Do I need documents translated into english for the K1 application?"

A..On the checklist the K-1 fiance/e receives it states that English or the native language where the consulate is located is acceptable. If the Consulate *must* have english translations, it will be stated on the checklist.

While the translation of documents may not be required for the K-1 visa, the translation of foreign language documents WILL be required for adjustment of status. If your language is different from English, I would tactfully suggest that the foreign fiance get translations *prior* to entering the US on the k-1 visa.

What about it? This indicates you do not yet understand the process.

USCIS is NOT the consulate... after your I-129F petition is approved by the USCIS, it then goes to the US consulate in the country of residence of your fiance(e). This is a DIFFERENT part of the K-1 process (visa application) NOT to be confused with the petition process with the USCIS.

YMMV

What about it? This indicates you do not yet understand the process.

USCIS is NOT the consulate... after your I-129F petition is approved by the USCIS, it then goes to the US consulate in the country of residence of your fiance(e). This is a DIFFERENT part of the K-1 process (visa application) NOT to be confused with the petition process with the USCIS.

ok thanks for the help sir no need to get agitated just asking for help.

Timeline

ok thanks for the help sir no need to get agitated just asking for help.

If you are going to do this yourself you need to understand the process.... The translation requirement is explicitly explained in the I-129F instructions.... read the instructions completely, you might also find other very important information that you missed (ie... fiance(e) or fiance(e) child's BC not required, original documents or regular photocopies, where to send the forms, who to make the check payable to... etc....)

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

for Ukraine you don't need to have your documents translated if the documents are in Ukrainian or Russian.

You mean you didn´t have to translate the documents you sent in the petition package to the USCIS?

PNB0m3.png

HxkAm12.png

Time from NOA1 to NOA2: 4 Months, 2 Weeks, 1 day

for Ukraine you don't need to have your documents translated if the documents are in Ukrainian or Russian.

As "Pax" has poined out quite clearly - please be careful here.

While many consulates do not require documents to be translated, the USCIS does! I made the error with my wifes BC. We did not get it translated for the consulate but I had to get it translated for the AOS application.

Remember, if the consulate does not require it, if it is a document that will be required by USCIS for AOS then you will still need it translated at some point. It may be much cheaper to get a certified translation done in your home country than in the US.

(It cost us $55 USD here just to have a BC translated).

6/15/2009 Filed I-129F

12/15/2009 Interview (HCMC, VN)

1/16/2010 POE Detroit

3/31/2010 MARRIED !!!

11/20/2010 Filed I-485

12/23/2010 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

12/31/2010 I-485 Transfered to CSC

2/4/2011 Green Card received

1/7/2013 Mailed I-751 package

1/14/2013 I-751 NOA (VSC)

2/07/2013 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

Timeline

As "Pax" has poined out quite clearly - please be careful here.

While many consulates do not require documents to be translated, the USCIS does! I made the error with my wifes BC. We did not get it translated for the consulate but I had to get it translated for the AOS application.

Remember, if the consulate does not require it, if it is a document that will be required by USCIS for AOS then you will still need it translated at some point. It may be much cheaper to get a certified translation done in your home country than in the US.

Yes, "at some point", but is not needed for the petition am I right? Can be translated later.

PNB0m3.png

HxkAm12.png

Yes, "at some point", but is not needed for the petition am I right? Can be translated later.

Only the USC's birth certificate is required for the I129F petition. The beneficiary does not submit a BC until the interview at the consulate.

If the USC had a foreign birth certificate (as would be the case with a naturalized citizen) then yes, it would need to be translated. If the USC has a BC that is in english then it would not require translation.

Note:

(It is best to check with each spefic consulate also - Vietnam HCMC consulate did not require a translated BC & documents but I cannot say for sure that all consulates are the same).

Hope that makes sense!!!!

6/15/2009 Filed I-129F

12/15/2009 Interview (HCMC, VN)

1/16/2010 POE Detroit

3/31/2010 MARRIED !!!

11/20/2010 Filed I-485

12/23/2010 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

12/31/2010 I-485 Transfered to CSC

2/4/2011 Green Card received

1/7/2013 Mailed I-751 package

1/14/2013 I-751 NOA (VSC)

2/07/2013 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

Timeline

it can be translated at anytime before you are required to submit it to an agency such as the USCIS

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Just a note. If you speak your SO's language, you can translate them (documents) yourself and certify that they are legitimate translations.

NOA 2. Really?

Timeline

Just a note. If you speak your SO's language, you can translate them (documents) yourself and certify that they are legitimate translations.

I translate them and I certify?

I thought they had to be notarized or something...

PNB0m3.png

HxkAm12.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.