ALWAYS-HAPPY

HOW USCIS cash chek or money order

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

its really short and clear qst I wanna know if the USCIS can cash the money for a I 129F Fiance Visa before to accept the case or they dont do until the packet is accepted? like if the demand is rejected for sure they dont cash the money like that ? since they cashed money order then for sure its accepted just we should wait to get the NOA1 its about 2months now since we sent the packet.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

you pay for filing, not for approval.

part of that filing process is adjudication.

The end result, or one of the end results, is petition approval.

Usually - The check is cashed, a letter of receipt notification is sent out, then the casefile goes into a holding queue.

Do you have any receipt of delivery, or tracking info on the I-129F petition, from USPS or 3rd party carrier ?

2 months, IMO, is a bit long. Perhaps you've gotten caught up in the lockbox 'handover' that started in mid-May ?

I've no clue what this means -> the demand is rejected for sure they dont cash the money like that ? - are you trying to ask, if the petition is denied at USCIS, that you'd receive yer money back ?

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

If they cash the check then it means the petition has been accepted. Basically, this means little more than someone has flipped through your petition package, determined what you were filing for and whether the amount on the check is correct, and whether anything obvious was missing.

The NOA1 is sent at the same time the package is accepted. Darnell may be correct about the lockbox transfer. I read a blog by an immigration attorney about a week ago, and he was predicting delays of 6 to 8 weeks caused by this transition, based on previous transitions USCIS has gone through.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline

Hi, they cash the check before sending you the first NOA this is what happened in our case and also when i called uscis they told me the same thing that they need to cash the check before they issue the NOA, so its normal for them to cash it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

yes Pink Amirah its fine to cash *for our case it was a money order sent by MoneyGram* but the problem is they took really a long time before to send the NOA1 thats how I felt like there is something weird about this case specifically. so I started thinking about what JimVaPhuong said about the USCIS transition change.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.