7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Received RFE for medical, I-693 form, have complied spent $375 for medical consultations and another $609 in vaccinations. My wife and two children needed varricela, hepetitis b, and measels, mumps and rubella shots. Hated spending the money but coughed it up...assuming USCIS does not find anything more they want when can we expect the work authorization cards? Your replies are very much appreciated as you cannot get any information from calling USCIS. Thank you! :help:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Work Authorization Cards - usually 3 to 4 months after filing for it.

Sometimes, also, is 30 days after doing biometrics for EAD.

Did you file EAD form with I-485 submittal, or no ?

Your profile is scant, no timeline at http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=65845 either.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Received RFE for medical, I-693 form, have complied spent $375 for medical consultations and another $609 in vaccinations. My wife and two children needed varricela, hepetitis b, and measels, mumps and rubella shots. Hated spending the money but coughed it up...assuming USCIS does not find anything more they want when can we expect the work authorization cards? Your replies are very much appreciated as you cannot get any information from calling USCIS. Thank you! :help:

Thank you for your reply! We did file for the EAD with I-485, the biometrics were completed on April 13, 2010; the I-485 & I-765

forms were filed approximately four weeks prior to April 13.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

weird - if biometrics for EAD already completed, on 13 April, should have had them already - is 2 months past fingerprint collection time.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

weird - if biometrics for EAD already completed, on 13 April, should have had them already - is 2 months past fingerprint collection time.

Everything about this is weird! Anyway, we got the appointment for the biometrics very shortly after submitting the I-485 & I-765 then we got the RFE for the medical like 2 weeks after. I first answered the RFE by resubmitting the summary of my families vaccinations for the K1 & K2

visas and telling them that according to USCIS's own guidelines the I-693 was not necessary, they answered back not even responding

to my reply and just restated the need to complete the I-693. So I am wondering how much longer for the work authorization cards,

I have three able bodied people anxoius to look for and start working and paying taxes. Any guesses as to what I might expect next?>

Thank you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Everything about this is weird! Anyway, we got the appointment for the biometrics very shortly after submitting the I-485 & I-765 then we got the RFE for the medical like 2 weeks after. I first answered the RFE by resubmitting the summary of my families vaccinations for the K1 & K2

visas and telling them that according to USCIS's own guidelines the I-693 was not necessary, they answered back not even responding

to my reply and just restated the need to complete the I-693. So I am wondering how much longer for the work authorization cards,

I have three able bodied people anxoius to look for and start working and paying taxes. Any guesses as to what I might expect next?>

Thank you!

In theory you will either receive the EAD's really soon after they receive the RFE (you'll get an email saying processing has continued), or you'll get a GC or GC interview soon thereafter.

Everything is on hold while they wait for an answer to the RFE.

Timeline

In theory you will either receive the EAD's really soon after they receive the RFE (you'll get an email saying processing has continued), or you'll get a GC or GC interview soon thereafter.

Everything is on hold while they wait for an answer to the RFE.

Thank you for your reply. Under the check status of your case on the USCIS website it indicates they received the answer to the RFE

on June 3rd, but the case is still in RFE status. It sounds like anything could happen next? I am not even that concerned about

the Green Cards right now, more concerned about the ability of my three adult family members'ability to start living productive lives.

Thank you again for your reply.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.