6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi everyone,

My fiance is on a K1 and did her medical exam in Brazil a few months ago. Now she is here and it's time to go to a civil surgeon to have him transcribe the I-693 from the DS-3025. However, I don't see any mention of a TB test on the DS-3025. How will the civil surgeon know that this has been done?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Drew

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Marriage:12-18-2007

event.png

girlpowersmiley.gif

I love being married.It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy, for the rest of your life. =)upherebl.gif

kyt3m3.png

USCIS Journey

I-130 NOA1: 09-11-2009

I-130 NOA2: 03-24-2010 - 194 days from NOA1 to NOA2 :o

NVC Journey

04-01-2010 : NVC Received and assigned case / I-864(AOS)and IV fee Bill paid

05-05-2010 : Return Completed I-864(AOS)& DS-230

06-04-2010 : Medical Exams - Done

06-21-2010 : Case Completed at NVC (SIF) Tks Dear Lord! Finally =)

08-04-2010: Interview Date - RJ 7:15am - APPROVED!!!!

08-12-2010: POE - LAX Woohoo...Our dream come true!!! =)

08-23-2010: Welcome Letter received by mail!! Nice =)

08-26-2010: Exactly 14 days after my POE, I got my GC by mail, I'm so Happy !!!

as1cHr40g410300ODgzMTI3fDkzMDk4bHxQYXJ0eSBpbiBVU0EhISEgV2VcJ3JlIEFQUFJPVkVE.gif

My fiance is on a K1 and did her medical exam in Brazil a few months ago. Now she is here and it's time to go to a civil surgeon to have him transcribe the I-693 from the DS-3025. However, I don't see any mention of a TB test on the DS-3025. How will the civil surgeon know that this has been done?

The DS-3025 is an immunization worksheet. TB testing (skin test or chest x-ray) is a TEST much like a blood test or urinalysis or EKG. It wouldn't appear on the immunization worksheet. The CS doesn't need to know you've had it. His job is to update your immunizations. The tests are covered in your medical exam overseas and would be in the brown envelope turned in at POE.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Ditto to Nich-Nick.

The TB test is part of the medical. You are not required to do ANY part of the medical, just check the immunisations.

personally I took my Xray with me just in case they tried asking that question. There's also this link: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextchannel=68439c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextoid=1758d5b07655b110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD specifically this part:

"Q: If an applicant is required to receive only the vaccinations, and not undergo the entire medical exam, does he/she have to submit the entire Form I-693?

No. Applicants who are not required to have the entire medical examination need to submit only pages one, three and five of the new form. The required sections include Part 1, Information About You, the vaccination record portion of Part 2, and Part 5 (if the vaccinations are administered by a civil surgeon) or Part 6 (if the vaccinations are administered by a local health department). Pages two and four, that would have been left blank, do not need to be submitted."

You can see the TB skin test is part of part 2, BUT it's not the "vaccination record" as mention as the only part of part 2 to be completed. I took this with me when I went to my CS as well

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I was nervous about this as I had heard others received RFEs for not having TB skin test. So, even though my husband had the chest x-ray with his medical, I took him to the health dept. here and had them transcribe the test onto a vaccination card. The CS would not put it on the I-693 because as previously said it is not a vaccine. I simply photocopied the form from the health department and sent a letter explaining that he had both the chest x-ray and the skin test. We had no problems. I don't think that it is necessary to go to the extra trouble, but it made me feel more secure. That being said, there really is no logical reason for them to deny based on having a chest x-ray without a skin test since the x-ray is more conclusive. Of course we all know how logical USCIS is...but I honestly think you are fine without it. :) Good luck on your journey!

event.png

When it comes to the I-693, the CS will take the DS-3025 [English version of your vaccination records] and transfer the information to the I-693. Based on the age and now a US resident, the individual may be required to comply with US Health Regulations, most cases the petitioner has all required records.. HOWEVER, any other records written in any other language other than English, may not be accepted by the CS and you may be required to re-do the test.. The CS has the "professional obligation" to bring the individual up today with US health standards..

All this to say.. If you find a understanding CS you may not go through a lot of obstacles.

"Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all. Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity. It is right and it is duty." -- NAPF page on Oscar Romero

Wife'sTime Line My link

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.