Kathryn41

Off Topic Part Cinq

1,486 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

oops forgot to add

When hubby and I were just dating/engaged he got me a Kitchen Aid mixer, some of his coworkers told him that it would be a terrible Christmas gift. That I would be testing him or something like that. I'm so glad he didn't listen to them I love it,and use it all the time. I guess I'm not like some women and think that would of been a bad gift.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Timeline

Where do you guys live? I can find mason jars at Walmart or Target all year long.

The question is.... where do YOU live?! :lol: I, apparently, live in a place where no one does canning. <_<

I think my main problem with the ground almonds was that I never thought to call it "flour", so now I know how to find it. I'm sure it's here somewhere.

iagree.gif

Filed: Timeline

When hubby and I were just dating/engaged he got me a Kitchen Aid mixer, some of his coworkers told him that it would be a terrible Christmas gift. That I would be testing him or something like that. I'm so glad he didn't listen to them I love it,and use it all the time. I guess I'm not like some women and think that would of been a bad gift.

I'm with you. I love sexy appliances for Christmas gifts. My husband seems to be one of those men who think it's inappropriate and too impersonal to give gifts like that at Christmas and birthdays. What could be more personal than sexy appliances that I purr over? lol. It can get a bit frustrating when I'm giving gifts, but works in my favour when getting gifts since he'll buy me those just because. lol

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Amazon.com has mason jars!! So does Walmart. They will ship FREE to a store, or to ur house (for a fee) I'm not a Huge Walamrt fan, but they ship to a DPO so does amazon, they are a life saver

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

My mother has tons of those jars! Those farm girls love to can! Could try Ebay as well! A few yrs back they were going to stop making those jars and there was a huge uproar, that they continued to make them. Target has them as well

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

Seriously?! :o

I'm going to have to start asking for my jars back. lol

Also tray Craigslist http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/for/2659229431.html'>http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/for/2659229431.html

Lots of then in the DC craigslist http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/ click on FOR SALE and then search away!! Dont go alone, take hubby! Those old women may beat u up,lol

Timeline

Thanks, but I'm a little squeamish about what's been in other people's jars. lol

Correct! But some are still in packaging!!

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Wow I had to go back 15 pages to find Off Topics hehe

Ok well I'm not sure if this would be a vent I think its more of annoyance then anything else. I am to chicken to cut my hair it's been like this for ever. Now don't get me wrong I have cut it over the last umm way to many years to say, two feet here, 3 feet there and few inches here that sorta thing. So it is always about the same and I'm tired of it but I'm scare to death to change it. i don't know what I want I don't think I want to cut it all off and have it real short, I had it that way before for a lot of years. So anyways I'm just frustrated with myself cause I can't make up my mind. Anyone else get stuck like this?

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

i don't know what I want I don't think I want to cut it all off and have it real short, I had it that way before for a lot of years. So anyways I'm just frustrated with myself cause I can't make up my mind. Anyone else get stuck like this?

Yep, I go back and forth through phases, the same way I do with dying my hair or wearing makeup. There's always that adjustment period with a new short cut. Ie. Getting used to the hubby breathing on your neck while you sleep. I just tell myself it'll grow back and do the chop. If I get bored, it comes back and I can play with some med-length hairstyles while it grows back.

June 25, 2008: Arrived home, finally!
July 11, 2008: Legally married "fakiversary"
Sept 29, 2008: Application for I-485 & I-765 received
Oct 2, 2008: NOA1 for I-485 & I-765
Nov 8, 2008: Got married in front of friends & family
Oct 25, 2008: Biometrics
Dec 22, 2008: Got EAD
Jan 13, 2009: Got SSN.
Apr 21, 2009: AOS interview.
Apr 10, 2011: 10yr Greencard

N-400:

Sent: June 14, 2016

NOA: June 18, 2016

Biometrics: July 6, 2016

Timeline

Ok well I'm not sure if this would be a vent I think its more of annoyance then anything else. I am to chicken to cut my hair it's been like this for ever. Now don't get me wrong I have cut it over the last umm way to many years to say, two feet here, 3 feet there and few inches here that sorta thing. So it is always about the same and I'm tired of it but I'm scare to death to change it. i don't know what I want I don't think I want to cut it all off and have it real short, I had it that way before for a lot of years. So anyways I'm just frustrated with myself cause I can't make up my mind. Anyone else get stuck like this?

Do eeeeet! Merry Christmas to yourself! Don't cut it all off and go Susan Powter or anything (that will confuse the baby ;) ), but go for below the shoulder or something and do some long layers. Consider growing your bangs out with the slightly shorter style. I had bangs since grade 6 and I thought I needed them with my massive forehead (size of Texas I tell you) but it turns out I can pull off no bangs. I never would have thought but I currently have a Jennifer Aniston vibe going and I'm liking it.

Its only hair, you can always grow more :)

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I say go for it....if you don't like it, it grows back!! And you could donate to locks of love (or some place similar) and provide someone with a much needed wig....how great of a christmas present would that be for someone!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.