dhsplease

I-751 Waiver Filers Timeline

1,041 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

Hi, so I finally sent my package today. Should arrive on Monday 18, 2016. So here it starts...

I have question. For my AOS I did early walk-in for biometrics. Do you guys think that if I get letter for biometric for exaplme app. on May 20th, can I go there on May 10th?

I don't want to be truned around, since I want to take all day off and also do other goverment stuff. Just want to make sure there will not be problem with early walk-in.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi guys,

First of all great thread and I am sad because before I could not look special thread for waiver filers. Anyway here is my info:

VJName..............Date of I-751...NOA1 Date....Biometrics.....Approved

XDERKA................11/06/15......11/12/15......12/30/15......--/--/--(Divorce waiver)

I also pretty much done to wrote my entire story and I also give lots of details about what I sent to USCIS. So I thought in that way you guys can understand my case better and I hope my case will help some others as well. In my preparation period these form help me a lot so now time to ask you guys opinion about my case and may be help some others. But I don't know shall I post here in that threat? or shall I start a new threat? It is really long LOL!

Thank you and wishing luck to all of you!

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi everyone,

So I had my biometrics yesterday. Of course I got all scared and emotional because of the divorce, but it went well. The only thing they made me do is to talk to immigration officer about my name change. I showed her divorce papers and she told me to send copy of biometrics letter and divirce to National Benefits Center. So got additional thing to do...

Now, I will be just waiting for the best results. Very syressed...

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

@kryzstof @diabloz1019 .... I called USCIS about 3 weeks back , as i got tired of waiting. I spoke to an agent and told him I applied for ROC in October 2015 and fingerprinting in Nov 2015 . He told me that they are still processing May applications. My extension expires in October so I asked him what happens if I dont hear back from them. He said you will get another extension but then suddenly he shifted and started saying you have to make an appointment with the Immigration officer for extension. My understanding was you re-apply for extension if there is no news and you automatically get an extension but now its beginning to feel that its at the discretion of the immigration officer. I am not sure so i will contact my attorney

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

HI everyone!

I also filed with a divorce waiver. I gave a very brief statement on my cover letter about when me and my ex got married, that she had an affair and when we got divorced. I felt like the very details of the story are none of their business, but I guess if I was to receive an RFE or during an interview I would have to go further into details.

Here is my timeline:

Sent to CSC: 05/09/2016

Received: 05/10/2016

NOA1: 05/21/2016

Good luck everyone and stay strong!

Timeline

hello yes You need to make an infopass before your one year extension expires to get another one (for next year) when I went to get that done the officer said that he does not see anything unusual and that I just need to wait for the interview. that was on the 15th of january 2016. its now 1 year and 5 months for me since I send the documents

@kryzstof @diabloz1019 .... I called USCIS about 3 weeks back , as i got tired of waiting. I spoke to an agent and told him I applied for ROC in October 2015 and fingerprinting in Nov 2015 . He told me that they are still processing May applications. My extension expires in October so I asked him what happens if I dont hear back from them. He said you will get another extension but then suddenly he shifted and started saying you have to make an appointment with the Immigration officer for extension. My understanding was you re-apply for extension if there is no news and you automatically get an extension but now its beginning to feel that its at the discretion of the immigration officer. I am not sure so i will contact my attorney

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Thanks for sharing this. Wow, this is interesting and painful that its been 1.5 years for you.

Also, if you don't mind can you share a bit about your experience during the Infopass appointment.As in, what to expect and what is required. So i can be prepared.

Lastly how soon in advance one of your expiry one should make Infopass appointment and how long does it take to get the extension. Is it immediate?

Sorry so many questions, but would appreciate your response.

hello yes You need to make an infopass before your one year extension expires to get another one (for next year) when I went to get that done the officer said that he does not see anything unusual and that I just need to wait for the interview. that was on the 15th of january 2016. its now 1 year and 5 months for me since I send the documents

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Have you asked for congressional assistance yet? Your case is clearly out of normal processing time. It doesn't take that long to schedule interviews. I bet your file is just sitting on some dusty shelf. Someone needs to give them a push and congressperson's office is pretty effective in that.

Edited by charmander

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Congrats to Eramos!

I have a little piece of advice for those waiting on Waiver decisions:

When I filed for divorce, I was very worried (ofcourse) about alot of things including my immigration status. And as the divorce process progressed, I went on forums trying to study waiver cases based on divorce like mine. Trust me, this is one of the most useless things ever! I worried for no reason whatsoever.. I literally googled "I-751 denied" to see those who were denied and understand what they did wrong. I tended to worry too much, but honestly i see alot of people here worried, too. I know this is a very normal way to feel, but it really doesn't help. I've read tonnnssss of posts relevant to I-751 Waivers. You know what I've found out? There's 3 different categories for those filing waivers:

1. Those with good terms with their ex-spouse: Usually these cases go very smooth, as long as the immigrant has enough evidence the relationship was real.

2. Those with bad terms with their ex-spouse, Usually causing the ex to report the immigrant as a fraudster. USCIS isn't stupid, they know people hold grudges against one another expecially following a divorce, so it's not unusual to expect the USC spouse to accuse the immigrant of marrying him/her only for the GC. In such cases, it has to do primarily with the evidence presented by the immigrant, but due to the nature of the accusation, the case also passes through Immigration fraud department. This causes it to take a much longer time than usual, but all the cases (except for 1) that I've read have been approved, atleast by filing N400 application, which forces USCIS to adjudicate (i.e approve or deny) the I-751 on file.

3. Those who really ARE fraudsters: Obviously no one will post online saying they're a fraud, so I've never came across this kind of case (Atleast online). Mostly posts which talk about fraud are posted by their USC ex-spouse, so it's hard to judge whether or not the case is real. However, these cases are usually accompanied by the accusation of fraud by the USC spouse and will certainly take much longer times.

I know you think this is crazy, but I actually wanted to have an interview! I was so worried they were gonna deny my case without interviewing me even though (praise be to God) I've had more than 300 pages of evidence. And I thought an interview is my chance to prove my marriage was real.

If you're worried, sad, etc, please keep the following in mind:

1. You're a permanent resident.

2. You're authorized to live in the US

3. You're authorized to work.

4. You're authorized to travel.

5. The time you're spending at the moment is counting towards your citizenship.

Besides the little piece of plastic's expiration date, are you any different than a permanent resident whose conditions are removed?!

What's the worst case scenario?

Assuming your marriage is real ( I have no pity for fraudsters), you have the following outcomes (and God knows best). You either will:

1. Get approved (no RFE, no interview)

2. Get RFE, then approved

3. Get RFE, interview, then approved

4. Get RFE, interview, then denied

5. Get RFE, interview, then denied. File motion to reopen, get approved.

6. Get RFE, interview, then denied. File motion to reopen, then appear infront of an immigration judge for a hearing. Then defend your case, in which the burden of evidence to show that your marriage was a fraud is on USCIS. I havent heard of a hearing that didn't end up with an approval.

Above all, keep your trust in God, not your evidence. God can do magic far beyond your reasoning.

SO...ARE YOU STILL WORRIED? biggrin.gif

Thanks dude....it was helpful to read this ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Congrats to Eramos!

I have a little piece of advice for those waiting on Waiver decisions:

When I filed for divorce, I was very worried (ofcourse) about alot of things including my immigration status. And as the divorce process progressed, I went on forums trying to study waiver cases based on divorce like mine. Trust me, this is one of the most useless things ever! I worried for no reason whatsoever.. I literally googled "I-751 denied" to see those who were denied and understand what they did wrong. I tended to worry too much, but honestly i see alot of people here worried, too. I know this is a very normal way to feel, but it really doesn't help. I've read tonnnssss of posts relevant to I-751 Waivers. You know what I've found out? There's 3 different categories for those filing waivers:

1. Those with good terms with their ex-spouse: Usually these cases go very smooth, as long as the immigrant has enough evidence the relationship was real.

2. Those with bad terms with their ex-spouse, Usually causing the ex to report the immigrant as a fraudster. USCIS isn't stupid, they know people hold grudges against one another expecially following a divorce, so it's not unusual to expect the USC spouse to accuse the immigrant of marrying him/her only for the GC. In such cases, it has to do primarily with the evidence presented by the immigrant, but due to the nature of the accusation, the case also passes through Immigration fraud department. This causes it to take a much longer time than usual, but all the cases (except for 1) that I've read have been approved, atleast by filing N400 application, which forces USCIS to adjudicate (i.e approve or deny) the I-751 on file.

3. Those who really ARE fraudsters: Obviously no one will post online saying they're a fraud, so I've never came across this kind of case (Atleast online). Mostly posts which talk about fraud are posted by their USC ex-spouse, so it's hard to judge whether or not the case is real. However, these cases are usually accompanied by the accusation of fraud by the USC spouse and will certainly take much longer times.

I know you think this is crazy, but I actually wanted to have an interview! I was so worried they were gonna deny my case without interviewing me even though (praise be to God) I've had more than 300 pages of evidence. And I thought an interview is my chance to prove my marriage was real.

If you're worried, sad, etc, please keep the following in mind:

1. You're a permanent resident.

2. You're authorized to live in the US

3. You're authorized to work.

4. You're authorized to travel.

5. The time you're spending at the moment is counting towards your citizenship.

Besides the little piece of plastic's expiration date, are you any different than a permanent resident whose conditions are removed?!

What's the worst case scenario?

Assuming your marriage is real ( I have no pity for fraudsters), you have the following outcomes (and God knows best). You either will:

1. Get approved (no RFE, no interview)

2. Get RFE, then approved

3. Get RFE, interview, then approved

4. Get RFE, interview, then denied

5. Get RFE, interview, then denied. File motion to reopen, get approved.

6. Get RFE, interview, then denied. File motion to reopen, then appear infront of an immigration judge for a hearing. Then defend your case, in which the burden of evidence to show that your marriage was a fraud is on USCIS. I havent heard of a hearing that didn't end up with an approval.

Above all, keep your trust in God, not your evidence. God can do magic far beyond your reasoning.

SO...ARE YOU STILL WORRIED? biggrin.gif

I'm in the same boat as you were at some point.

Thanks a lot for sharing the Synopsis of your Research here.

It definitely helps people like me and others. :yes::thumbs:

Timeline

hello

I just called USCIS and the customer service lady submitted another service request in my case. I should be contacted in 10-22 days. I wonder if that will change anything..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.