peace

additional proof of relationship

39 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
williams,

do you think we can still fire the attorney when we paid her already? :crying:

dreamlife

Sure - why not? If she didn't send all of the required documentation that you provided her, then it was her own negligence. Of course the important question is whether or not you gave her everything and whether or not she actually submitted it - if she can show you a complete copy of the entire package that she submitted on your behalf and you still got the RFE, then it's not her fault. If she left something out because she didn't think it was necessary or she didn't know better, she's gone . . . and you can definitely file a claim.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
Sure - why not?

May just lose your retainer if you paid one.

May 1, 2006 - Submitted I-129F (Overnight) NSC

May 2, 2006 - NOA1

June 1, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

June 14, 2006 - Notice from CSC it was transferred

June 30, 2006 - Received IMBRA RFE (CSC)

July 5, 2006 - Touched (RFE Received)

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED

August 5, 2006 Physical NOA2

August 15, 2006 NVC Received and Sent

August 22, 2006 AIT sent Packet 3

August 22, 2006 Packet 3 got lost in the mail... sending another.. :( :( :(

October 27, 2006 Interview

3dflagsdotcom_chtai_2fawm.gif & 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_us_co_2fawm.gif

AIT (Taiwan Embassy)

C'mon USCIS Lets get some others approved or else watch for the Trident

brick.jpg

What about, Airline tickets/boarding passes, hotel receipts, Entry and exit "chops" (stamps) from your visits and date stamped photos.

Did you send any of that type stuff? If not, add that into the RFE package.

Hey, if the Attorney is not getting it done....Fired....Why waste time with an intermediary?

Of course, you should get the aussiewench read too.

dreamlife

It really would help to know what you originally submitted so as we are not going over old ground.

Aussiewench,

We submitted all our papers, letters and pictures to our attorney and she was the one doing the entire application. Now I really do not know if what is our purpose of hiring her when she is not doing her job well. Anyway we only submitted photos and letters so yeah i think there's a lot of evidences missing and we are not aware. We are very confident that we have an attorney going to do the rest of the job. It sucks, i think she is not aware about these stuff.

dreamlife

williams,

do you think we can still fire the attorney when we paid her already? :crying:

dreamlife

You need to fire that loser and hire VJ for free. I did mine with the help of VJ and believe it or not, my application has left NVC on it's way to the embassy. It's probably at the embassy right, i have not checked. But you can check out my timeline and see how priceless and valuable Vj is. Good luck !!

I-129f sent-- 05-26-2006

NOA1 - 06-08-2006

Rfe recieved - 06-30-2006

rfe sent - 06-30-2006

NOA2 - 07-31-2006

NVC received - 08-03-2006

NOA2 recieved in the mail: 08-04-2006

NVC sent : 08-04-2006

NVC letter recieved: 08-10-2006

Embassy confirmed: 08-11-2006

interview date: 11-09-2006

Visa approved : 11-09-2006

Visa recieved : 11-15-200

On a lighter note, have you had a chance to appreciate Kit's new Avatar? I feel like that everyday, lately!!

Priceless!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

In our signature timeline we have NOA1 of april 4th. Now we have a second RFE requesting additional proof of evidence. What else do we need to give them? Me and fiance met in Korea. Do I also need to photocopy my korean visa? What else are the things that is valuable for them? Thanks

other half of dreamlife

Another thing is that if this attorney can't get you through CSC phase, imagine how bad it will get when you get to the embassy phase. Fire her @$$ and tell her to go defend a drunk !!!

I-129f sent-- 05-26-2006

NOA1 - 06-08-2006

Rfe recieved - 06-30-2006

rfe sent - 06-30-2006

NOA2 - 07-31-2006

NVC received - 08-03-2006

NOA2 recieved in the mail: 08-04-2006

NVC sent : 08-04-2006

NVC letter recieved: 08-10-2006

Embassy confirmed: 08-11-2006

interview date: 11-09-2006

Visa approved : 11-09-2006

Visa recieved : 11-15-200

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On a lighter note, have you had a chance to appreciate Kit's new Avatar? I feel like that everyday, lately!!

Priceless!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Too bad I can't put a bottle of tequila next to the computer in the avatar since I have taken to drinking margaritas rather regularly these last few days!!!

You wouldn't happen to have a frequent flyer card, would you? If you used, or had miles credited toward, your account when you met, the statements could help support that. Here's an extract of part of my cover letter outlining what I sent as proof of relationship. Never received an RFE. We also each submitted letters of intent and I asked my pastor to write a letter vouching for our relationship as well...

o E-mail to British news station in response to an on-line request for stories about overseas love

o Phone card calling history

o Northwest Airlines WorldPerks Account Summary

o Trip Summary & Receipt for David's Trip in May 2006

o MerkurBergBahn Tram Ticket dated the day we met, August 30, 2006

o Wal-Mart Receipt dated February 18, 2006, during my second trip

o Northwest Airlines E-Ticket Receipts for my third trip in March 2006 with my children

o Copies of passport pages for Jen and children

o Personal hand-written letter from David to Jen dated 08-31-05 (the day after we met) and postmarked the following day, 09-01-05

o Photographs from all three of Jen's visits to Germany, labeled on the reverse of each photo, including photos of Jen standing in the same place during different seasons

edited to add: ah, look... my first heart earned with this post... I'm spending WAY TOO MUCH TIME on this board....

Edited by JenT

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Wow, Some of that is quite unique evidence, albeit most effective. Quite the thinker you are!!!!

I wish I had thought of that!!! I used the old standard, Airline receipts, passport stamps, hotel receipts, etc..

Cheers to that brilliant thinking JenT. :thumbs:

You wouldn't happen to have a frequent flyer card, would you? If you used, or had miles credited toward, your account when you met, the statements could help support that. Here's an extract of part of my cover letter outlining what I sent as proof of relationship. Never received an RFE. We also each submitted letters of intent and I asked my pastor to write a letter vouching for our relationship as well...

o E-mail to British news station in response to an on-line request for stories about overseas love

o Phone card calling history

o Northwest Airlines WorldPerks Account Summary

o Trip Summary & Receipt for David's Trip in May 2006

o MerkurBergBahn Tram Ticket dated the day we met, August 30, 2006

o Wal-Mart Receipt dated February 18, 2006, during my second trip

o Northwest Airlines E-Ticket Receipts for my third trip in March 2006 with my children

o Copies of passport pages for Jen and children

o Personal hand-written letter from David to Jen dated 08-31-05 (the day after we met) and postmarked the following day, 09-01-05

edited to add: ah, look... my first heart earned with this post... I'm spending WAY TOO MUCH TIME on this....

o Photographs from all three of Jen's visits to Germany, labeled on the reverse of each photo, including photos of Jen standing in the same place during different seasons

Very kind of you... some of those things were unique to our circumstances.... but provided to give others ideas, perhaps.

Now David has to provide proof on ongoing relationship at the Embassy. He started a scrapbook while he was here. I didn't think ANYONE was more organized than me... :P My I-134 is on its way to Germany... glad to have THAT behind me...

Jen

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

yes i agree too, for firing my attorney ...... if she is not really that helpful enough :angry:

though me & my husband now started our I-129F by our each other effort for it but more from him since he is the USC, but now that we're married i do the process of AOS package :lol: . We shows all proof as .... pictures together with small sticker showing date and were is that u hanged out or occassions, emails, phonebills that reflect our numbers, exchange letters from posts showing dated stamps, receipts of restaurants weve been to using his credit card when he visit manila, courier receipts, receipts of engagement ring, condo rentals, bills in our name for the duration of his visits.

and the most nice that my husband did was... he enclosed a letter introducing when and how we met and how's the relationship been going before we file the petition for K1.

hope it helps! :whistle:

Edited by rebelheart

07-13-06 - K1/K2 AOS/EAD sent

11-04-06 - 2 NOA's transfer to CSC

11-17-06 - "K1 APPROVED AOS" no interview

11-27-06 - "K1 - GREENCARD" rcvd.

01-23-07 - K2 GREENCARD rcvd.

08-20-08 - I-751 sent to Texas Service Center, transfer to VSC

08-26-08 - I-751 NOA1 & 1yr. Extension letter

09-18-08 - I-751 NOA2 - Biometrics Appointment Notice

03-11-09 - I-751 transfer from VSC to CSC!

05-13-09 - I-751 APPROVED

06-24-09 - card production ordered

08-20-09 - N400 - Citizenship Application

08-24-09 - NOA notice date

08-28-09 - NOA in mailbox

09-10-09 - email asking for more evidence

09-14-09 - Biometrics NOA date

09-18-09 - Biometrics Letter arrived in mailbox

10-09-09 - Biometrics Schedule

10-14-09 - Notice date of the yellow letter

10-30-09 - touched online for "testing & interview"

11-03-09 - IL received in mailbox

12-07-09 - "PASSED" Interview & it's my Hubby Bday too!

04-17-10 - Oath letter received in mailbox

05-14-10 - Judicial Oath atlast! in Atl

110 days - Application to Interview

158 days - Interview to Judicial Oath

268 days - Total processing days for my N400

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

My proof included..

Lease of apt together

christmas cards from us with our pictures

pictures from taiwan

plane tickets

That is it

May 1, 2006 - Submitted I-129F (Overnight) NSC

May 2, 2006 - NOA1

June 1, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

June 14, 2006 - Notice from CSC it was transferred

June 30, 2006 - Received IMBRA RFE (CSC)

July 5, 2006 - Touched (RFE Received)

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED

August 5, 2006 Physical NOA2

August 15, 2006 NVC Received and Sent

August 22, 2006 AIT sent Packet 3

August 22, 2006 Packet 3 got lost in the mail... sending another.. :( :( :(

October 27, 2006 Interview

3dflagsdotcom_chtai_2fawm.gif & 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_us_co_2fawm.gif

AIT (Taiwan Embassy)

C'mon USCIS Lets get some others approved or else watch for the Trident

brick.jpg

Sorry, but apparently not. You got an RFE for the lack of evidence.

Take the advice above and satisfy the RFE immediately. USPS express.....

Good luck guys!!! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

We all make mistakes, I got an RFE also...Not sure why yet.

Bounce back and continue!!!

What does the RFE ask for/say?

it asked for proof of us meeting within the last two years so I was like okay the pictures and letters weren't good enough?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

What does the RFE ask for/say?

it asked for proof of us meeting within the last two years so I was like okay the pictures and letters weren't good enough?

Pictures are considered secondary evidence of meeting. And depending on the content of the letters...those might be perfectly worthless...and are probably of "secondary" value at best. Not to say that you shouldn't send that stuff also, but those things are definitely not in the "sufficient" column (as evidenced by the RFE you received).

What you need are a number of items in the "primary" list. Those things being visa stamps from the passport, airline ticket stubs, credit card/ATM receipts from the trip, hotel invoices....things of that nature. Items from the secondary category can help solidify the "big picture" if the primary evidence submitted doesn't present a clear-cut "story", but it can't stand by itself.

It would be nice if USCIS would list this kind of stuff in the I-129F directly...I'm sure it would cut down on the number of RFE's dramatically.

And one last thing...be careful of your wording and terminology. You first said that the RFE asked for proof of relationship, when in fact it is asking for proof of meeting. Both are needed during the K-1 process....but at the I-129F stage it is proof of meeing. At the interview, you will be required to present proof of a valid relationship with intent to marry. When you ask for help...you need to be extremely explicit about what it is you are seeking help on...as lack of precision in your wording can make a big difference when dealing with legal processes and jargon.

Edited by gcox457

Kseniya (Ukraine) and Gary (USA)

05-27-2005 I-129F package arrives at TSC signed for by "M.S."

...A bunch of waiting and worrying...

10-14-2005 Passport with K-1 Visa delivered

02-14-2006 Everyone is home!

03-04-2006 Wedding date!

07-25-2006 AOS/AP package FINALLY completed and sent

08-04-2006 AOS/AP NOA's received

11-06-2006 Interview Successful!

11-13-2006 Welcome to America letter received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.