13 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello guys our AOS package was receive last Monday the 24th checking our copies today I realize I wrote the check for $1010.00 with numbers but in letters I wrote $1000.00 and 10 cents, So obviously a huge mistake, do you guys think the check would still cash? or can I send another check? would I get my package back?

Thanks a lot.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello guys our AOS package was receive last Monday the 24th checking our copies today I realize I wrote the check for $1010.00 with numbers but in letters I wrote $1000.00 and 10 cents, So obviously a huge mistake, do you guys think the check would still cash? or can I send another check? would I get my package back?

Thanks a lot.

From what I remember from my business law classes. The written part of the check takes precedence over the numeric. It will depend if the USCIS or your bank catches this has takes exception with what happened.

YMMV

Timeline

From what I remember from my business law classes. The written part of the check takes precedence over the numeric. It will depend if the USCIS or your bank catches this has takes exception with what happened.

So if they don't like the check, would they just return the check and I have to resend the package with the correct check?

Thanks

Timeline

So if they don't like the check, would they just return the check and I have to resend the package with the correct check?

Thanks

Yup.... You may want to contact your bank so they are not the ones to reject it....

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Correct, that is the UCC standard but it will depend a bit on the bank. If the USCIS catches it, they will return the package. If they do not catch it and deposit the check and if the bank pays the right amount, or even if they don't, the processing may go ahead. If the bank decides the check is just way wrong and returns the check to USCIS the application will be placed on hold until the payment is corrected.

My guess is, the bank will pay the check with the smaller amount, USCIS will never know the difference (since the check won't be returned and I doubt they will find you are the source of their $9.90 discrepancy)and your case may process just as normal.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

I sent a check with the wrong data on it (Vika says it was May instead of March, the month we filed). After three weeks of sweating I got the entire package back.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

I'm really worry, i got the letter I-797 but check hasn't been cash yet.

Don't worry too much, a delay of a couple weeks at most.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline

Bank didn't pass the check, so what's now?

So they returned the check to the USCIS? Did you contact the bank last week to try to tell them about it and that it was OK?

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline

So they returned the check to the USCIS? Did you contact the bank last week to try to tell them about it and that it was O

all I know from the bank is that the check wasn't able to cash,so at this point I am just waiting and see what happen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

When I applied for the K1 visa, the money order was written out for $2.00 extra than the the required amount (A friend had obtained the money order and I did not thin it would be an issue). My entire package was mailed back to me. They spent $5.00 sending it back, when they could have kept the extra $2.00. Hopefully you won't have the same bad luck. It seems that if you don't dot an 'i' properly, they have an issue.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.