kjmel38

Pls. help !!!Advice on Part 7 of F- I -864,What to do?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello! It's Kjmel38 Again,

Remember last Monday I was been Informed about Initial Evidence of USCIS, after giving Biometrics Appointment,

I recieved it today, And we are Being told in the paper this:

Page 5 of Form I -864 is Blank or missing.

Complete and Return the enclosed page(s0 of Form I-864.

Now, Pleased Help me how to answer it? We did not included this Part because It's All (Optional).

But we are Asking to complete it. N0.26,27,28,and 29? Do I Put N/A ? or What? but like to let you know that my Husband Income is Above of thier Requirements. ?

thank you in Advance.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi,

You mean you actually removed page 5 and did not send it?

If you are only using income you should have used the I-864EZ.

If there is part of the I-864 that does not apply to you, then you must write in N/A.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi,

If there is part of the I-864 that does not apply to you, then you must write in N/A.

I could be completely dense, but my reading of the I-864EZ form states she CANNOT file the form because she's not filing an i-130 which the form SPECIFICALLY states is required.

Here: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864ez.pdf

"Who May Use Form I-864EZ?

You may use Form I-864EZ IF ALL the following conditions apply:

1. You are the person who filed or is filing the Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, for a relative being sponsored;

2. The relative you are sponsoring is the only person listed on the Form I-130 petition;

3. The income you are using to qualify is based entirely on your salary or pension and is shown on one or more Forms W-2 provided by your employer(s) or former employer(s)."

[underlining added]

AOS from K1 requires I-864... ALL pages though as you stated, whether completed or not. OP, just leave page 4 blank but you MUST sent it in.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Timeline

Hi,

Thank you to your Response,

I really Appreciate your kindness, Yes, we Removed Page 5 , Because we thaught It's Optional, we Did not Print it Out, Now they sent to Us, that part, It's Optional Right? So , My Question now Is, Can we Just Put N/ A? Or Answer the No.26,27,28 and 29? What is the Best Thing for Us to do? Thank You in Advance< God Bless you guys.

Kjmel38

Timeline

I could be completely dense, but my reading of the I-864EZ form states she CANNOT file the form because she's not filing an i-130 which the form SPECIFICALLY states is required.

Here: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864ez.pdf

"Who May Use Form I-864EZ?

You may use Form I-864EZ IF ALL the following conditions apply:

1. You are the person who filed or is filing the Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, for a relative being sponsored;

2. The relative you are sponsoring is the only person listed on the Form I-130 petition;

3. The income you are using to qualify is based entirely on your salary or pension and is shown on one or more Forms W-2 provided by your employer(s) or former employer(s)."

[underlining added]

AOS from K1 requires I-864... ALL pages though as you stated, whether completed or not. OP, just leave page 4 blank but you MUST sent it in.

Thank You to your Response! i really appreciate it,

We must been Confused of what we did, we are not aware that it should be put In too,even though It's Optional, The USCIS Is Just Asking me to Complete that missing Part 7 of F- I-864. So In My Understanding on your Reply, I should write down N/A? And send it Back to them right?

You all, such a big help to me, Thank yOu very much.

kjmel38

Timeline

Thank You to your Response! i really appreciate it,

We must been Confused of what we did, we are not aware that it should be put In too,even though It's Optional, The USCIS Is Just Asking me to Complete that missing Part 7 of F- I-864. So In My Understanding on your Reply, I should write down N/A? And send it Back to them right?

You all, such a big help to me, Thank yOu very much.

kjmel38

Personally, I would complete (or reprint) the entire I-864 and resign and re-date it, just so you're sure you get everything sent to them.

You don't need to write ANYTHING on Part 7 (sorry I meant page 5 earlier, not page 4). Just include it with the I-864. I would send the whole form, and staple the pages together. Mine doesn't have anything complete on that page, but I sent it anyway

**Edit - completing that page is optional, sending it is not because it's part of an entire form.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You didn't have to copy and paste all of that :hehe:

Personally I would just reprint any page(s) you left out and and return it to them - completed. If it does not apply write in N/A.

This is what they asked you for, no more no less.

Page 5 of Form I -864 is Blank or missing.

Complete and Return the enclosed page(s) of Form I-864.

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

We're also filling out I-864 and part 5 is not optional. It's your household size so you shouldn't have left that out.

Part. 7 is only optional if your sponsor's income EXCEEDS the federal poverty guidelines. If they asked you to fill that out perhaps your sponsor's income did not exceed the income requirement and needs more.

AOS from B1B2

06/14/10 – Mailed I-130, 485,765,824

06/16/10 – Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

06/22/10 – Received texts & email routed to NBC

06/24/10 – Checks cashed for I-130, 485, 765, 824

06/26/10 – NOA1 for I-130, 485,765, 824

07/17/10 – Received hard copy of RFE 485

08/16/10 – Sent RFE response

08/19/10 – RFE delivered to NBC

08/20/10 – Case resumed online

09/24/10 – Called USCIS Biometrics Service Request

10/04/10 – Received Service request letter

10/27/10 – Infopass Appt. for Biometrics

11/05/10 – Called USCIS for Biometrics

11/22/10 – Called USCIS Biometrics Service Request

11/23/10 – Wrote & Mail Letter to Congresswoman

12/06/10 – Received Biometrics Letter after 5 months…FINALLY!!!

12/14/10 – Biometrics Done!!

12/15/10 - Card Production Ordered - Online Status-YEHEYY!!!:))

12/28/10 - Received EAD Card!!! Yahoo!! :))

12/30/10 - Applied for SSN

01/03/11 - Received SSN

01/06/11 - Received Interview Letter!! Yahoo!! Feb. 8 it is!!

01/08/11 - Interview Approved!Green Card Stamped on Passport!!

01/14/11 - Approval Notice I-130 & Welcome Letter!

01/18/11 - Received Green Card in the mail..

uzKIm4.png

Daughter's CR-2 Timeline http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=members&area=aboutme

Timeline

We're also filling out I-864 and part 5 is not optional. It's your household size so you shouldn't have left that out.

Part. 7 is only optional if your sponsor's income EXCEEDS the federal poverty guidelines. If they asked you to fill that out perhaps your sponsor's income did not exceed the income requirement and needs more.

She said page 5 and part 7. They did not ask her to complete Part 7, page 5, they asked her to send it because she didn't (and to complete if she needed to).

Timeline

She said page 5 and part 7. They did not ask her to complete Part 7, page 5, they asked her to send it because she didn't (and to complete if she needed to).

Vanessa & Tony

Thank You! Yes Your right, I did not included it that's why they Asked me, what i did now is, I Print Out that part 7, and Put N/A, and I sent it back to them yesterday, My husband keep telling me that he is Above the Poverty line Income Requirements, and he don't need to answer it, so I just Put N/A, and now on It's way to them.Hoping all things went right this time. God Bless you All.

Thank You , I really appreciate it. Kjmel38

Vanessa & Tony

Thank You! Yes Your right, I did not included it that's why they Asked me, what i did now is, I Print Out that part 7, and Put N/A, and I sent it back to them yesterday, My husband keep telling me that he is Above the Poverty line Income Requirements, and he don't need to answer it, so I just Put N/A, and now on It's way to them.Hoping all things went right this time. God Bless you All.

Thank You , I really appreciate it. Kjmel38

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

:bonk:

oh...I miss that out...SORRY..I must have gotten squint eyed from filling out and checking these forms...lol....

AOS from B1B2

06/14/10 – Mailed I-130, 485,765,824

06/16/10 – Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

06/22/10 – Received texts & email routed to NBC

06/24/10 – Checks cashed for I-130, 485, 765, 824

06/26/10 – NOA1 for I-130, 485,765, 824

07/17/10 – Received hard copy of RFE 485

08/16/10 – Sent RFE response

08/19/10 – RFE delivered to NBC

08/20/10 – Case resumed online

09/24/10 – Called USCIS Biometrics Service Request

10/04/10 – Received Service request letter

10/27/10 – Infopass Appt. for Biometrics

11/05/10 – Called USCIS for Biometrics

11/22/10 – Called USCIS Biometrics Service Request

11/23/10 – Wrote & Mail Letter to Congresswoman

12/06/10 – Received Biometrics Letter after 5 months…FINALLY!!!

12/14/10 – Biometrics Done!!

12/15/10 - Card Production Ordered - Online Status-YEHEYY!!!:))

12/28/10 - Received EAD Card!!! Yahoo!! :))

12/30/10 - Applied for SSN

01/03/11 - Received SSN

01/06/11 - Received Interview Letter!! Yahoo!! Feb. 8 it is!!

01/08/11 - Interview Approved!Green Card Stamped on Passport!!

01/14/11 - Approval Notice I-130 & Welcome Letter!

01/18/11 - Received Green Card in the mail..

uzKIm4.png

Daughter's CR-2 Timeline http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=members&area=aboutme

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.