juliekins

PLEASE help! its Urgent!

47 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
so it dont matter if it is printed or not? cuz I heard it has to be printed on the pictures

I submitted mine with the dates just written on the back. There were no issues.

~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

~=~................. .................................................~=~

~=~.... pushpin.gif All is going very well !.......................... ~=~

~=~...................................................................~=~

~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

3dflags_col0001-0003a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0003a.gif3dflags_usasc01-0003a.gif

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
ok with the photos I can figure it out now...

but the G325A... they just told him (to the USC) to fill out the G325A and for him to sign it.. so I guess they only want his biographical info.....not mine (the benificiary)... agghhh I am hopping...

Unless requirements have changed since we went filed last year, they want BOTH of you to fill out SEPARATE G-325a forms dated and signed. That's what we did.

As far as pictures, make sure of the exact wording of the RFE and maybe someone here can help you figure out what is needed.

Karen

Karen ( USA ) and Tony ( UK ) now both residing in USA!!

2/28/05- I-129F sent to TSC

7/29/05- Interview date- Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10/06/05-Tony comes home to Tennessee!!!

10/08/05-WE'RE MARRIED!!! I love this man!

AOS/EAD/AP

11/26/05-filed for emergency AP

11/29/05-filed for AOS/EAD

03/07/06-online EAD approval

03/10/06-received EAD in post and passed driving test (Wow what a day)

07/26/06-AOS Interview---APPROVED!!!!!!

07/31/06-received 'Welcome to America' Letter

08/07/06-received Green card in post wooooooooohoooooooo

03/30/09-received approval to remove conditions!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

About the repetitiveness of the G-Form, if I remember it correctly, "back in the days" where we didn't have the internet, didn't have Visa Journey, and didn't have PDF fillable-form, the INS (yup, no the USCIS) will give you a G-form with all four pages carbon-copy style. So where you fill out the form on the first page, it will carbon-copy the information down to the 2nd, 3rd and 4th page, include your Signature. That's why it was never an issue for those older folks to forget signing all 4 pages :)

If I remember correctly... someone confirm... :D

About the photos: Echoing everyone - write the date when it was taken, approximation is ok, make sure your beneficiary can explain to them later when/where/who/what/why/how that picture to come about. They want to see your love story and that is one of the evidence where they try to piece your story together. No worry OK! :) You will get aproved. Can you feel the POWER of VJ Love? :thumbs:

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

About the repetitiveness of the G-Form, if I remember it correctly, "back in the days" where we didn't have the internet, didn't have Visa Journey, and didn't have PDF fillable-form, the INS (yup, no the USCIS) will give you a G-form with all four pages carbon-copy style. So where you fill out the form on the first page, it will carbon-copy the information down to the 2nd, 3rd and 4th page, include your Signature. That's why it was never an issue for those older folks to forget signing all 4 pages :)

If I remember correctly... someone confirm... :D

About the photos: Echoing everyone - write the date when it was taken, approximation is ok, make sure your beneficiary can explain to them later when/where/who/what/why/how that picture to come about. They want to see your love story and that is one of the evidence where they try to piece your story together. No worry OK! :) You will get aproved. Can you feel the POWER of VJ Love? :thumbs:

thanks guys...

yeah.. I went to a photo studio to see if they could put dates on my pictures...and they had no idea what I was talking about....so I hope writing the dates on the back of the pictures will be alright

Aug 2001- met in highschool in US

Feb 15 2006- sent I 129

Feb 17 2006- NOA1

Feb 23 2006- *touched*

April 1 2006- still waiting =(

July 10 2006- touched!!

July 11 2006- touched again!!!

July 24 2006- touched (RFE in email)

Aug. 7 2006- RFE in mail

Aug 15 2006- sent back RFE (the wait begins again)

Aug 26 2006- touched (RFE recieved)

Aug 28 2006- APPROVED!!!!!- after 192 days~!

Sep 3 2006- get NOA2 in snail mail

Sep 13 2006-NVC recieves case!!!

Sep 18 2006- NVC sents case to Embassy!!

Sep 21 2006- Embassy recieves!

Sep 27 2006- Embassy send interview packet!!

Nov 9 2006- Medical completed

Nov 20 2006- Interview APPROVED

Nov 22 2006- picking up my VISA

NOV 23 2006- leaving for ATLANTA

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

....sigh....

I also didnt put the date on the back of the passport photos for the K-1.

Well I guess in gonna be in RFE hell now whenever they process the app into the system.

damb,

Ramos

:(

da thread killa

Timeline

So feeling the knife turning in my stomach as I know I followed the directions perfectly. I went to go read these are the exact instruction:

Give USCIS a passport-style color photograph ofyourself and a passport-style color photograph of yourfiancé(e), with both photos taken within 30 days of thedate of filing this petition. The photos must have awhite background, be glossy, un-retouched and notmounted. The dimension of the full frontal facialimage of you and your fiancé(e) in separate photosshould be about one inch from your chin to the top ofyour hair in 3/4 frontal view. Using a pencil or feltpen, lightly print the name (and Alien RegistrationNumber, if known) on the back of each photograph.

So the instructions never specifically say to date them as they are technically attached to the G-325a and also are part of the I-129F package. So I think some of us are freaking out for no reason.

:)

Ramos

da thread killa

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
So feeling the knife turning in my stomach as I know I followed the directions perfectly. I went to go read these are the exact instruction:

Give USCIS a passport-style color photograph ofyourself and a passport-style color photograph of yourfiancé(e), with both photos taken within 30 days of thedate of filing this petition. The photos must have awhite background, be glossy, un-retouched and notmounted. The dimension of the full frontal facialimage of you and your fiancé(e) in separate photosshould be about one inch from your chin to the top ofyour hair in 3/4 frontal view. Using a pencil or feltpen, lightly print the name (and Alien RegistrationNumber, if known) on the back of each photograph.

So the instructions never specifically say to date them as they are technically attached to the G-325a and also are part of the I-129F package. So I think some of us are freaking out for no reason.

:)

Ramos

Yes, but they ask for recent pictures, taken within few months (I forget how long exactly). How else would you prove they're recent unless you date them on the back? But I don't see a reason for you to freak out...

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline

Not our problem as the Filers, if they wanted it dated they should have specified that in the instructions given. I will argue it with them if it happens that there are not any instructions to date the photos and that they need to read their own form. I think what has happened is that people have done anything they have been asked for without questioning them back and that is not what our country is founded on. We as Americans and Citizens are allowed to question and correct our government, but a lot of people have forgotten that.

So to be blunt yah I'm going to tell them read your form, it was followed correctly if I get an RFE for this.

Ramos

Edited by ramos96

da thread killa

yea..they asked for passort pictures too.. but I am not worried about that...

are you guys sure that i can write on the back of the pictures that are taken with the both of us.. just write in the back with a pen the date?!

Aug 2001- met in highschool in US

Feb 15 2006- sent I 129

Feb 17 2006- NOA1

Feb 23 2006- *touched*

April 1 2006- still waiting =(

July 10 2006- touched!!

July 11 2006- touched again!!!

July 24 2006- touched (RFE in email)

Aug. 7 2006- RFE in mail

Aug 15 2006- sent back RFE (the wait begins again)

Aug 26 2006- touched (RFE recieved)

Aug 28 2006- APPROVED!!!!!- after 192 days~!

Sep 3 2006- get NOA2 in snail mail

Sep 13 2006-NVC recieves case!!!

Sep 18 2006- NVC sents case to Embassy!!

Sep 21 2006- Embassy recieves!

Sep 27 2006- Embassy send interview packet!!

Nov 9 2006- Medical completed

Nov 20 2006- Interview APPROVED

Nov 22 2006- picking up my VISA

NOV 23 2006- leaving for ATLANTA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

are you guys sure that i can write on the back of the pictures that are taken with the both of us.. just write in the back with a pen the date?!

Are they digital pictures? You can even use photoshop to add dates, if you really think you want the dates printed.

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Take a thick permanent black marker and write the dates on the back of each picture.

Put the pictures in a small plastic ziploc bag and write the words "Photos of XXX and XXX" on the outside of the plastic bag with the same thick permanent black marker.

BTW - Passport photos do not require dates on the back - the only requirement is that they are photos from the last 30 days.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

[

BTW - Passport photos do not require dates on the back - the only requirement is that they are photos from the last 30 days.

Correct.... :thumbs:

I-129F

5/30/06 Mailed I-129F to NSC

6/9 NOA1

6/30 IMBRA RFE rec'd and sent back to CSC

9/7 NOA2

10/6 File sent to NVC

10/18 File sent to embassy

11/14 Medical

12/6 Interview - visa approved

12/28 Visa issued

2/1/07 Fiancé arrives in US

2/10 Married

AOS

3/27/07 Mailed I-485 to Chicago

3/30 I-485 delivered

4/5 NOA1

4/6 Check cashed

4/13 Biometrics notice rec'd

5/1 Biometrics

5/2 I-485 trx'd to CSC

5/21 I-485 now pending at CSC

7/11 Card production ordered

7/16 Welcome to US notice rec'd

7/17 Approval notice rec'd

7/20 GC rec'd

I-751

4/14/09 Mailed I-751 to CSC

4/16 I-751 delivered

4/16 NOA1

4/30 Check cashed

5/5 NOA1 rec'd

5/16 Biometrics notice rec'd

5/29 Biometrics

6/8 Approved

6/11 Approval notice rec'd

7/9 Card production ordered

7/18 GC rec'd

just to be on the safe side, i would put names of whoever were on the picture, when it was taken and where the location was. just my 2 cents. cover all your bases.... :)

04-24-09 I-130 Application received by USCIS

04-29-09 Received NOA1

08-17-09 Approved

08-20-09 NOA2 Received

08-26-09 NVC Received

08-27-09 Case Number Assigned

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Confusing huh?:lol:

Here is what I did...

Passport Photos: Write your name, DOB, SSN (USC only) on the back of photos for you and her/him

Evidence Photos: Write a little note: Picture was taken on MM-DD-YYYY and where. Printing Digital photos, print with DATE where you can.

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.