8 posts in this topic

hey guys, i received my I-485 NOA and its dated may 03, 2010. I'm supposed to get a letter for the biometrics appointment but I havent gotten anything yet. I was reading that it arrives in about a week after the I-485 NOA. its been 20days and nothing. Does everyone get a biometrics appointment?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

hey guys, i received my I-485 NOA and its dated may 03, 2010. I'm supposed to get a letter for the biometrics appointment but I havent gotten anything yet. I was reading that it arrives in about a week after the I-485 NOA. its been 20days and nothing. Does everyone get a biometrics appointment?

Yes. They have to take your fingerprints and picture for your card. I think I received my appointment about 3 weeks after my application was received at the USCIS office. You may want to check your NOA for contact info and follow up, just to be sure. Or, better yet, check the USCIS website for your case status. You'll need your receipt number. Hope this helps.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

There is no guarantee that you will get a biometrics appointment within a week of your NOA. The biometrics schedule is dependent on how busy your local ASC office is.... they schedule the appointments about 3 weeks out.... If there are many in your area in "line" waiting ahead of you, then you will just wait until your number is "called".....

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My wife recieved her letter for her biometrics about 2 weeks after her NOA1 and is scheduled for this Wednesday. She has Sacramento as her office to go to. You may want to give a call and find out about the letter. If you miss the appointment it may cause a delay or a larger problem as they can consider the petition abandoned if you miss the appointment.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

I had to wait 28 days. If you call, usually they can't do anything until 30 days from NOA 1 have passed. I called on day 27th and was able to put in a service request through USCIS, but I was lucky to get a nice person over the phone. Sometimes they just tell you to wait until the 30th day.

I suggest you wait until the end of next week, maybe Thursday, and then call on Friday since Monday is Memorial Day.

Hope this helps!

event.png

AOS Journey

Marriage: 2010-03-06

Date Filed: 2010-03-23

NOA: 2010-04-02 (via texts and emails)+check cashed

NOA1 in the mail: 2010-04-07

Bio Appointment letter: 04/29 (FINALLY!!!!)

Bio Appointment: scheduled 05/24, walk-in on 05/03, yay!

**Touch on AOS and EAD: 05/03 and 05/04

Interview notice: 05/14, dated 05/11. It's for 06/17

EAD and AP approved: 06/03

**Touch on EAD and AP: 06/04

**Touch on AP: 06/07

**Touch on EAD and 2nd card production ordered: 06/08

**Touch on EAD: 06/09

AP received: 06/09

**Touch on EAD: 06/11. 3rd approval email received!

EAD received: 06/11 step 2 of 3 completed!

Interview scheduled: 06/17 @ 915 am APPROVED and card production ordered same day!!!!

Welcome letter received:06/21

2nd email Green Card production ordered:06/22

**Touch on AOS:06/23

3rd email received, blue dot went to post decision: 06/30

Tik tok tik tok....GREEN CARD IN HAND: 07/02!!!!!Less than a year since filing for the k1!

K1 Journey

I-129F Sent: 2009-08-12

I-129F NOA1: 2009-08-14

I-129F NOA2: 2009-10-29

Packet 3 Received: 2009-11-17

Interview: 2010-02-16, approved, visa the same day!

POE: 2010-03-03 @ LAX

Yeah, my Biometrics letter took a while too. I sent the paperwork on 04/10 and got my letter in the mail on 05/13 (although on the notice the date was 05/05 - more than a week before). And the appointment was scheduled for 06/04 - thats three weeks after i got the letter. Oh well. I was gonna go this Sat, but since it's Memorial Day weekend, they are closed. The wait for the appntmt letter was driving me crazy! Cuz I knew nothing will happen until they get my photo and finger prints taken.

AOS Timeline

04/16/2009 - Marriage

04/10/2010 - Sent the paperwork

04/13/2010 - USCIS received the package

04/19/2010 - SMS and emails about NOA's

04/22/2010 - NOA's (I485 and I765) arrived in mail

05/13/2010 - Biometrics letter arrived in mail

06/04/2010 - Biometrics

06/07/2010 - AOS and EAD touches

06/08/2010 - AOS and EAD touches

06/18/2010 - EAD Card production ordered

06/21/2010 - Received inteview appointment letter in the mail

07/01/2010 - EAD arrived in mail

07/26/2010 - Interview

08/01/2010 - Green Card arrived in mail

Lifting Conditions Timeline

07/16/2012 - NOA1

08/11/2012 - Biometrics

02/23/2013 - RFE

03/01/2013 - RFE Response sent

03/11/2013 - Text message and email notification that Card Production has been ordered

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I mailed my application out May 05, 2010 and received all the receipts on May 17th. My Biometrics gotten to our house on May 18th. So it took us 11 days. Is that too fast ? My biometrics appointment is this Friday.

Edited by Charming

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I mailed my application out May 05, 2010 and received all the receipts on May 17th. My Biometrics gotten to our house on May 18th. So it took us 13 days for the biometics letter. Is that too fast ? My biometrics appointment is this Friday.

P.S. went back to change the dates to avoid confusion, could not change the 11 days. It's 13 days. My bad

Edited by Charming

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.