ScottThuy

disparity between timelines

55 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I must admit that it is quite disheartening to see folks getting visas, that sent in thier initial packet to USCIS after we had our interview.... I am not saying that I am not happy for them.... I would not want anyone to have to endure a long wait for this process to come to an end... the issue is that there is such a huge disparity between not only one case and another, but the disparity between one consulate and another...

wow its amazing that a visa can be granted in as little as 3 months from NOA1.... as we approach a year since NOA1.... and there are so many others that have been waiting several years.... blink.gif

what a messed up system this is....

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Scott - yup - it's messed up, but it is what it is.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Worse is people that get visa with very little evidence of having a relationship, yet others with a mountain of bonafides get blue sheets, AP, or a NOID. There isn't much you can do, but jump through the hoops.

CR-1 Visa

I-130 Sent : 2006-08-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2006-09-12

I-130 Approved : 2007-01-17

NVC Received : 2007-02-05

Consulate Received : 2007-06-09

Interview Date : 2007-08-16 Case sent back to USCIS

NOA case received by CSC: 2007-12-19

Receive NOIR: 2009-05-04

Sent Rebuttal: 2009-05-19

NOA rebuttal entered: 2009-06-05

Case sent back to NVC for processing: 2009-08-27

Consulate sends DS-230: 2009-11-23

Interview: 2010-02-05 result Green sheet for updated I864 and photos submit 2010-03-05

APPROVED visa pick up 2010-03-12

POE: 2010-04-20 =)

GC received: 2010-05-05

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 140 days.

Timeline

Unfortunately, this is what we have to put up with when we find foreign spouses. Especially those that live in high fraud countries such as Vietnam. Before I started this process, my father was telling me that you have to have real thick skin in order to handle the bureaucracy of the immigration process. You are a good guy Scott. Hang in there. Hopefully you can get some good news sooner rather then later :thumbs:

1/10/2010-----> Mailed I-130

1/17/2010-----> NOA 1 - Hard Copy

3/28/2010-----> NOA 2 - Email

4/02/2010-----> NOA 2 - Hard Copy

6/14/2010-----> NVC Processing Complete

8/02/2010-----> Interview Date @ 8:00am - Result = PINK!!!

Timeline

Unfortunately, this is what we have to put up with when we find foreign spouses. Especially those that live in high fraud countries such as Vietnam. Before I started this process, my father was telling me that you have to have real thick skin in order to handle the bureaucracy of the immigration process. You are a good guy Scott. Hang in there. Hopefully you can get some good news sooner rather then later good.gif

I knew it would be an obstacle course when we started, but had no idea that at some point the finish line would become a moving target.... and that we would be blind folded as well...

Like Kevin said.. its odd that some have very little evidence and slide through with no hassles... they wouldn't look at our eveidence and I had to force feed it to them... I wish we had gone ahead and got married last year....but I thought it would be so much easier to marry here in the states.. (paperwork wise)

I just found a site for cheap flights so I will likely be heading back in a few weeks for the summer... hopefully they will finish the review before I leave to come back here and we can come back together. Yep I will be there to say hi a few times while I am in country...

I have totally accepted the fact that it will take as long as it takes.... the disparity between how cases are handled.. that is hard to swallow...

ever go into a waiting room and take a number... go sit down... look at your number 985 and see now serving #7 in the display?

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I knew it would be an obstacle course when we started, but had no idea that at some point the finish line would become a moving target.... and that we would be blind folded as well...

Like Kevin said.. its odd that some have very little evidence and slide through with no hassles... they wouldn't look at our eveidence and I had to force feed it to them... I wish we had gone ahead and got married last year....but I thought it would be so much easier to marry here in the states.. (paperwork wise)

I just found a site for cheap flights so I will likely be heading back in a few weeks for the summer... hopefully they will finish the review before I leave to come back here and we can come back together. Yep I will be there to say hi a few times while I am in country...

I have totally accepted the fact that it will take as long as it takes.... the disparity between how cases are handled.. that is hard to swallow...

ever go into a waiting room and take a number... go sit down... look at your number 985 and see now serving #7 in the display?

Scott, I think the way the CO treated Thuy was terrible. They should never have done that. I will file the I-129F in August. I am trying to prepare Thu for the worst. Initially she kept telling me not to worry. She kept telling me that the process should be easy and she will get a good interview and the K1 visa will be handed over to her without problems. Over time, she has slowly drifted away from that line of thinking. However, she still does not believe that what happened to Thuy can happen to her. I told her that it may not happen but she must PREPARE for the worst as if it could happen. I am trying to get her mentally prepared for what could "possibly" happen. Hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

<CARRICK>

K1 Visa Stage
Aug 23, 2010: I-129F NOA 1
Feb 07, 2011: I-129F NOA 2
May 23, 2011: Interview. Blue Slip
Jun 20, 2011: Submit Documents: 1) Timeline, 2) 10 year residency(me), 3) 10 year residency(Thu), 4) Letter explaining how/where we met. Second Blue Slip
Feb 03, 2012: U.S. Consulate Investigators call Thu's residence. Spoke to Thu and Thu's parents
Feb 27, 2012: Received email from the U.S. Consulate that our case is finished processing. Requested to submit updated Police & Medical papers.
Mar 06, 2012: Submitted updated Police & Medical papers.
Mar 21, 2012: Received K1 Visa
Apr 07, 2012: Point of Entry @ LAX

Adjustment of Status Stage
Apr 23, 2012: Got married!
Apr 30, 2012: Received Social Security Card
Jun 30, 2012: Applied for AOS
Sep 22, 2012: Received Employment Authorization Card...Still waiting for 2 yr GC

May 01, 2013: Received 2yr GC

Removal of Conditions Stage

Apr 18, 2015: Will apply for 10yr GC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

In this case, it's more like you walk into the room and take a number, and then notice the big spinning wheel they use to choose who goes next. :wacko:

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

In this case, it's more like you walk into the room and take a number, and then notice the big spinning wheel they use to choose who goes next. wacko.gif

rofl.gif And my number isnt on the wheel.....blink.gif

Timeline

at some point our number will get called....hopefully sooner than later

Timeline

Hey, don't knock it! I like being married and living the bachelor lifestyle... I've been sleeping on an air mattress and not much furniture since forever because I've been waiting for my wife to come so we can shop for stuff together. And I've moved twice since, and I'm still 'camping out'.

I cannot wait till it's all over. Good grief!

Wedding in Vietnam: 12/25/2005 (graduate school, below poverty line, couldn't apply)
[b]August 27, 2007[/b]: 1st I-130 packet sent w/incorrect $190 instead of new $355 fee (Mesquite, Texas).
October 6, 2007: 2nd I-130 packet with $355 fee (Mesquite, Texas).
January 10, 2008: NOA1 March 31, 2008: NOA2 (approved & sent to NVC)
April 14, 2008: NVC sent AOS Fee Bill (Affidavit of Support) $70.00 & DS-3032 form
Received.
April 15, 2008: Faxed wife the DS-3032 agent form to be mailed from Vietnam.
May 5, 2008: NVC sent request for Affidavit of Support form. May 19. 2008: received NVC's request for Affidavit of Support form.
May 20, 2008: Sent off I-864, Affidavit of Support May 30, 2008: Received IV Fee bill for $400 --money order & sent by Priority Mail.
June 10, 2008: I-864 approved. June 11, 2008: IV fee entered in system. June 16, 2008: DS-230 barcode issued
June 30, 2008: DS-230 mailed by expressed mail July 3, 2008: DS-230 package arrived at NVC & under review
July 11, 2008: Case completed at NVC.
Sept. 5th, 2008: INTERVIEW DATE at HCMC: White paper with writing.
March 26, 2009: Resubmit.
[b]DENIED. June 2009: case sent back & received at USCIS[/b]
August 2009: filed new I-130. Approved after first I-130 case sent to VN, again.
February 2010: USCIS contacted & asked for more evidence
March 2010: USCIS re-approved original case.
April 14, 2010: Consulate sends DS-230
June 15, 2010: Interview Date (Blue issued)
July 13, 2010 Placed on AP -yippee!
Sept. 13, 2010 Consulate home visit
[b]Nov. 5, 2010 Approval letter sent.[/b]
[b]Nov. 19, 2010 Visa picked up. Arrival: Nov. 24, 2010[/b]

Timeline

Oh snap... I'm not the only one waiting to buy new furniture till she gets here? I hate what I have in the living room.. when I got it, it was a temporary thing... over a year ago I told Thuy I would wait until she got here to buy new stuff so she would feel more at home with stuff she picked out.... no matter how much I hate this furniture... Im not going to break the promise to her...

Timeline

Do you mind sharing this website? I'm always looking for great deals to go back! :)

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

[*]12-xx-2007 - 1st Trip (6wks) & Met him halfway around the world

[*]03-xx-2008 - Got engaged - two people on opposite sides of the world

[*]05-xx-2008 - 2nd Trip (2wks) - Engagement/Marriage/Consummation

[*]06-12-2008 - Filed I-130 (CR-1) with Vermont Service Center

[*]12-xx-2008 - 3rd Trip (4wks)

[*]06-05-2009 - Interview at 9:00am at HCMC Consulate (result: blue)

[*]07-08-2009 - Submitted RFE: Beneficiary's Relatives & Evidence of Relationship

[*]08-xx-2009 - 4th Trip (4wks)

[*]10-07-2009 - AP 91 days - Result: APPROVED!!

[*]10-31-2009 - POE: Detroit, MI

[*]11-18-2009 - Social Security Card

[*]11-20-2009 - Green Card

[*]01-21-2010 - Driver's License

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]02/07/2011 - Renew Vietnam Passport

[*]07/30/2011 - Process of Removing Conditions Begins

[*]09/25/2011 - Date of I-751

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

[*]10/19/2011 - Biometrics

Do you mind sharing this website? I'm always looking for great deals to go back! :)

me 2.

Hang in there Scott. Better there in the embassy than here in the State. Hang on man. Good luck.

event.png

Timeline

ASAPtickets.com

Mine will be around 1100 instead of 2k...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.